Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking (954 Views)

‘Linda Ikeji Is A Dangerous Snake’, Omojuwa Goes On The Offensive On Twitter / Linda Ikeji Shares Before And After Pictures / Linda Ikeji Acquires A New Mansion... Laura Praises Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by joshua8016: 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nigeria's number one blog the Linda Ikeji blog has overtaken Nairaland in the latest Alexa traffic ranking. This means that more people now visit the Linda Ikeji blog than Nairaland.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-LrbL6GiyvMU/VNXvNCSltJI/AAAAAAAALDo/j80RKi9oHOw/s1600/linda-ikeji-blog-overtakes-nairaland.png[/img]

This is the first time the blog has ranked above Nairaland in the ranking and with Nairaland on a free fall since December last year (2014) this might become the new normal.

As December 8, 2014 when we announced Jumia breaking into the top 10, Nairaland was ranked 8th and Linda Ikeji blog 15th, but since then Nairaland has falling off the top 10, now ranking 14th, while Linda Ikeji blog has gone up two places to 13th.

Nigeria's top two ecommerce brands Jumia and Konga are still in the top 10 ranking 7th and 8th respectively and are the two highest ranking Nigerian website in the ranking. Naij now ranks 15th, dropping two places from its ranking last December.

While it is not possible to pinpoint why Nairaland have been on a free fall, it would not hurt to speculate. One reason could be that with dozens of new websites launched every other day, Nairaland is losing traffic to the competition.

Another reason could also be that new internet users (since thousands of Nigerians connect to the internet for the first time every week) are not finding Nairaland attractive. While Nairaland already has a sizable number of loyal users, I believe that its inability to acquire new users at the same rate as its competitors could be the major reason.

Lets hope that Nairaland figures out a solution to the problem soon, though I believe that it will probably get worse before it gets better and I believe Naij will probably overtake Nairaland before that happens. In the meantime, the Linda Ikeji blog is now the highest ranking Nigerian content website and am sure the owner is proud.

Update: The screenshot above was from Yesterday February 6, 2015 when the change happened. As at the time of publishing (i.e. today) Linda Ikeji Blog has gone up to 12th in the ranking.

Source++[url]scannewsonline.com[/url]
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by Richiy(f): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
When Nairaland has been trying so hard to be like lindaikeji's blog, forgetting what made it different at first. How wouldn't the rating fall?

#bringbackourNairaland

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by infobiz9ja(m): 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
Richiy:
When Nairaland has been trying so hard to be like lindaikeji's blog, forgetting what made it different at first. How wouldn't the rating fall?

#bringbackourNairaland

Lol
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by Huffington: 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
Linda Ikeji are you still single? lol
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Huffington:
Linda Ikeji are you still single? lol

is that what we are talking?
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
I know a handful of people who left Nairaland because NL was becoming too childish. and seun not helping matters by being partisan and publicly displaying it

banning people anyhow

Today my friend Andy blaze is no longer here because of one jobless mod

Seun please keep your house in other let's enjoy the forum

People who win LIB give away live, breath on Linda's blog.
Your sh it nor dey fall for toilet. Introduce interesting activities here make it huge, hype it infact advertise this godam forum

I still see Facebook ads on adsense

Bro work harder man

the Lord is your strength!! we're behind you!!
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by silverdam(m): 12:28am On Feb 08, 2015
From the moment they started putting some silly topics on frontpage, I knew nairaland is gonna lose readers. They need to watch the kind of topics they put on frontpage, nairaland also need to come up with different an new activities.

I love nairaland and seun anyway, I can't do without coming here in a day.
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2015
It's because recently all the update is coming from politics section, what happened to other section is it that they are not part of the forum ?
Re: Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking by alex406(m): 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lacomus:
It's because recently all the update is coming from politics section, what happened to other section is it that they are not part of the forum ?
you nailed it man. I think the election thing is taking more of their topics

(1) (Reply)

IYANYA Posts BATHROOM SELFIE. Hit Or Miss / DISGUSTING!! Kylie Jenner Dips Fingers Into Kendals Pussy!! VIDEO / Oh Yeah? Who Knew Seun Kuti Had Muscles Like This? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.