Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,041 members, 7,953,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? (2778 Views)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Ojuju Calabar. Do You Remember? / I Couldn't Say A Word When I Saw This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? by perkyendy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
Everywhere I go I hear children use that word "ojuju calabar will catch me" especially when it involves darkness or when there's no light:

I wonder who teach them such language

Imagine an igbo child or yoruba pikin shouting ojuju calabar hahahahha

Who teach am say na masquerade?
Re: Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? by joyblinks(f): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Because ojuju is another name for masqurade and calabar people like masqurades. wheneva kids find themselves in the dark, they always thnk calabar ojuju is coming to get them.

I said that a lot as a child. Ojuju calabar Ayaya oo
Re: Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ojuju calabar
oyonma oyonma.
We used the word too,in hide and seek play.
Re: Ojuju Calabar: Why Do Children Use That Word When They Are Afraid Of Dark? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2015
Ojuju calabar was a bully at my school.

(1) (Reply)

Very Touching Photos That May Make You Cry / Want to shed weight? Come In Here!!! / Nairaland Baby's 3rd Birthday With Pictures...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.