Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw (2757 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / A Bereaved Brother Inlaw...... / Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by nlfan: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
I grow up with my sister who is married to this man.
While in their house, He and his sisters, whom i served like housegirl will mock me, telling me that i have no future and that no man will marry me and if a wheelbarrow pusher wants me for free they will give me out in a hurry, they will laugh at me while im busy either serving them food or cleaning their legs, and dont bother asking why my sister allowed them do that, we came from a very poor family, they thought they did my sister a favor by marrying her, he has no voice in the home, the siblings inlaws (especially the ladies) ruled and controlled her.

Thankfully he was sending me to scondary school though, before i could even get to SS1 their people started a quarel that i should leave the house, that they didnt marry me together with my sister, they throw me out and as God will have it, long story short, God opened the way and i went to university and had a good job and lived in Lagos.

While they were still in doubt of how i could go to university, i sponsored all my siblings, both elder and junior 3 of them to the university outside the country, even my sister that married their brother, i setup a shop for her and she is very okay even more than the husband now.

I have not had time to visit them in a very long time now, i only hear about them and they only see me on facebook.

By the way let me do a little olofofo here, all of them that use to abuse me that i dont have a future and that i wont find a husband to marry, they are now married to the wheelbarrow pusher and brick layer they wish me o, seriously, i cant fathom out how things went that way cos they were very okay and fine girls.

Back to the gist, there was a man who asked me to marry him, because seriously have over worked myself and hardly have time for relationship thing, i had to tel my elder sister to help me check and see if the guy is okay (please dont get me wrong, im not just into men).

I had a long vacation this november and my sister begged that i should not go to paris whom have already secured visa to travel to that i should come home.

I decided to honour her, went to stay with her, buy alot of stuffs for the kids, take them round the resort, i behaved well, infact i was like their house girl, wash, clean, bath the kids take them to and fro school etc.

Last week i returned to my base in lagos and work don start na... only to receive a call today from my brother inlaw, he called with unknown number sef, i was like who is this he mentioned his name in full.

I was like, oh sir good afternoon, the next thing i heard was, i am very angry at you, i do not know what you think you are, so you are getting married and you did not dim it fit to inform me as your inlaw, you are very stupid, i do not even know why God favor people like you, you may have money but people are the wealth of these world, who are you to look down on me by not informing me of your wedding, because you have stupid money, infact i cannot even remember all the things he said but they were abusive.

I called my sister this afternoon just to know if there was any quarrel in the house but she didn't tell me there was any problem because if there was she would have told me, i asked her if she told the husband about me getting married, she told me the husband heard us while we were still discussing the man who is asking me to marry him, and so he asked her is your sister getting married and my sister said maybe, i think so and that was all.

I refuse to let my sister know all he said cos if my sister get to know, she will take it too serious and it might cause them problems in the marriage.

But i am asking myself, why is this man like this after all this years, after i forgave all the maltreatment and insulted he and his family dose out on our family then when i was a kid, infact i forgave and forget like nothing ever happened, i take his kids like mine because really they are, all of them have laptops and numerous text books from me, during the one month i stayed with them i humble myself intentionally, i take permission from them before going anywhere, i did all the house chores, the said marriage he is even talking about i have not told the man, yes i will marry you, i am still even thinking.

one will think that this man will repent and just thank God for me, why is he just hating
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Lucialovely(f): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
What's his business with your life? Beware of monitoring spirits in human form

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by nlfan: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
so surprise o, cant even understand sef
Lucialovely:
What's his business with your life? Beware of monitoring spirits in human form
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
Place a curse on him
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by nlfan: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2015
like i should call him and curse him out? let me pity him cos he is still my sisters husband, if i curse him now, i know God will answer and my sister will suffer it
commitcrime:
Place a curse on him
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by PresVA: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
Firstly, i really ThankGod for who you're today.. such a breakthrough. ..

Concerning your BIL, ignore him; don't give a sh! T about him....
Do what you have to do but whenever he brings his attitude, simply ignore....

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
nlfan:
like i should call him and curse him out? let me pity him cos he is still my sisters husband, if i curse him now, i know God will answer and my sister will suffer it

OK. Ignore him then
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by nlfan: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
Thank you my dear, just that i dont even get it
PresVA:
Firstly, i really ThankGod for who you're today.. such a breakthrough. ..

Concerning your BIL, ignore him; don't give a sh! T about him....
Do what you have to do but whenever he brings his attitude, simply ignore....
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by austine4real(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
It seems u'r jobless so u stll av time 4him

he's stll hurt dat God lifted u up. Bkiafu&prayafu.i'v lived wt such ppl b4
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by sademola: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
You should have told him point blank that it was his ways n manners that caught up with him and made him poor n hopeless.

That he's not worthy of being informed, only those needed were informed.
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Mariecakes(f): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
He is just jealous of your success. .Simply Igonore even tho that will hurt him more grin
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
nlfan:

Hmm he is simply suffering the fruits of what he did. Don't curse him God is already punishing him but you need to seriously pray and fast because someone who is so wicked and bitter can go diabolical on you. Juju . Make sure you plead the blood of Jesus over your life.
You can never be too careful
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Acidosis(m): 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
OP

I'm interested in knowing how you HIT it big. Your brother-in-law can go and die,

Can you please share your success story in Business or Career section?

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by socrateez(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
Go ahead with your life, he's just being consumed by envy.

Just ignore him.

Know that the fact that you're good to someone does not mean he will be god to you.

Let him rot in his envy.
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by taryour(f): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Acidosis:
OP

I'm interested in knowing how you HIT it big. Your brother-in-law can go and die,

Sharp Guy.
Op biko am intrested too, who no wan make am in this life, please share your success story here also o. Tell your inlaw to go back to sleep.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by robedu: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
taryour:

Sharp Guy.
Op biko am intrested too, who no wan make am in this life, please share your success story here also o. Tell your inlaw to go back to sleep.
I know her personally, hope she will be happy to share her story, its quite inspirational, have asked her to write a book severaly
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by robedu: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
Girl can't believe your bro in law will still be hating after all you told me he did in details, God will continue to punish him, seems the suffering his sisters are getting in husband house is not enough
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Acidosis(m): 10:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
taryour:

Sharp Guy.

Yes oo, I'm more than willing to learn how to catch fish, even if I have to start with crayfish.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
I want to tell you guys even if she shares her secret of success and you apply it, it might not work for you cos the grace from God on her life is different but all the same I look forward to her testimonies. God is faithful

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by nlfan: 10:26am On Dec 10, 2015
Thanks dear, i will find time and share how it all happened
Acidosis:
OP

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Richy4(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2015
He was just hitting you with the popular colour 'green' cheesy. It is an envy Colour.... I suggest you press the ignore button on him.....

Some people when they expect A to happen to you, and C happens, they don't really know how to accept or take it, even in their grave, they keep turning with discomfort......

Continue extending your goodness to his family. I guess that is why you are blessed. even God did not take away rain or sunshine from Boko Boys.....
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Hybrid01: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
ur BIL is just jealous of u.I will say this,limit how u fk to their house.if u want 2 see ur sis or her kids, go when he is not around&don't sleep over.if he calls u,be polite,when he has said all he wants,say goodbye Sir and off ur phone.when u want 2 get married,go there, tell him shikena.just be polite&not friendly!
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by mrstheo(f): 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
People like your bro inlaw are enemies of progress, he never expect that you will turn out to be successful in life..keep been good to his family and God will take you to a greater height in life. I will advise you to be prayerful and closer to God from now on.
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by eyinjuege: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
The guy feels jealous and can't even begin to imagine how the story has changed. He probably also feels you've exposed his inadequacies as a husband by setting up your sister, and buying expensive things for the children.

Best thing to do, ignore his tantrums and continue being good to your sister and their children.

One thing about this life is you can't please everyone, no matter how good and nice you are. So live your life and let your conscience judge you.
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by ifyalways(f): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
I think this is more of a testimony thread although you never mentioned the source of your academics and career/business breakthrough so that we can join you to Praise God.
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 11, 2015
Report him to BUHARI.
Just do that and you will thank me later.

Just make him follow Dokpesi, as he is parambulating around the DSS
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by Eleganza33(f): 7:17am On Dec 11, 2015
Jus 2 bad,b kiaful
Re: What's Wrong With My Brother-inlaw by nlfan: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2015
Thanks dear, will post the testimony soon
ifyalways:
I think this is more of a testimony thread although you never mentioned the source of your academics and career/business breakthrough so that we can join you to Praise God.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Ladies Remember Wearing This Type Of Shoe With Laced Socks / What Can You Say About This Kind Of Parent / Easy Home Remedies To Keep Lizards Away From Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.