Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 (65254 Views)

Easter: FG Declares March 25, March 28 As Public Holidays / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Releases New Video, Says Nigeria’s Election Will Not Ho / Nigeria's Election Postponement And The Evil That Lies Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by InvertedHammer: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2015
/
Lol. I am enjoying the comments especially the riff-raffs who are jubilating even when they havenothing to gain from it.

The hawks around the presidents never let go easily. From IBB all the way to GEJ, they want to stay in power at all cost. They were able to keep comatose Yar'Adua in Aso Rock in order to continue the pillage of Nigeria resources. What makes any sane person think they will walk away easily this time?

Some people really think that this is about GEJ. No! Even if a monkey is the president, they will still play the same game. The cabals are stronger than people can imagine especially these days that voices of dissent can be muted with dollars. Like I stated earlier, there is something about Aso Rock that once tasted, occupants would not want to leave peacefully.

If GEJ is very sure of victory, PVC issues and security challenges would not have come up.

Talking about cabals, didn't people read how Chris Uba (an Igbo civilian) was able to commandeer some soldiers into Ekiti (in Yoruba land) to rig in the current governor? It is never about ethnicity, religion nor level of education. There are special interests that do not consider any of the yardsticks that must be protected all cost.

\

2 Likes

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Ivorybaby(f): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2015
#Goodmarch.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Ola4great1(m): 8:08am On Feb 08, 2015
How can u xpect somebody's father 2 die?
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by hikmojj(m): 8:10am On Feb 08, 2015
Eluwilussit:

From febuhari to march. APC is still a learner.

can u come again plz grin
Eluwilussit:

From febuhari to march. APC is still a learner.

can u come again plz
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2015
Wonderful.
Now there is enough time for the Court to prosecute and ban any candidate with forged certificates grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by tainot2002(m): 8:19am On Feb 08, 2015
I smell a mischief. I wont be surprised if the 'Missing girls' are found within the 6 week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by OLADD: 8:22am On Feb 08, 2015
chiefolododo:
Mr jonasatan has sucked more blood than anybody else , buhari didnt kill anybody ,maybe his angry supporters did because of gejs rigging

May your conscience judge you forever.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 08, 2015
Yippiee!!! Now 2014 batch A corpers can do their POP and go about their normal lives.....abi dem go delay us till den? undecided
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by cashkid: 8:24am On Feb 08, 2015
Those who have read some books in the confederacy of criminals around President Jonathan are afraid to tell their Oga that pre-annulment or postponement – whatever they call it – is powerless against this sort of tide. This tide is an idea whose time has come. We have now heard them in the Ekiti tapes so we understand only too well what they hope to achieve with this so-called Boko Haram postponement: re-oil the rigging machine and promise juicy promotions to key military men. Unfortunately for these puny little men trying to stand in the way of the hurricane that is blowing across Nigeria, their scheme is dead on arrival.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by cashkid: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2015
quid:
Wonderful.
Now there is enough time for the Court to prosecute and ban any candidate with forged certificates grin grin grin

Who is this goon for God's sake?
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2015
cashkid:

Who is this goon for God's sake?
I hear the court case is scheduled for Tuesday, 10th Feb 2015.

This is a constitutional democracy, not motor park agbero politics.

1 Like

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by linohlex: 8:27am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=asuoka post=30525382][/quote] thank GOD for this news, because I need my PVC. Can u believe that in a hole polling Unite no body was able to collect his or her PVC. I hv gone to InCe office in the LGA severally, the Ince officers keep telling us the same story come next week. I would hv registered for another PVC as advised both I kick against double registration. The STATE is Rivers STAte ahoada east LGA in ward4 polling unit 04/01/010. INCE please my PVC should not be used for rigging. I need my PVC

1 Like

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Lovedove2(f): 8:34am On Feb 08, 2015
Seriously? When a lot of things have been put on hold because of this election. BTW, all those guys making mouth that they will take their babes to polling stations as Valentine outing, HOW MARKET?
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by dasoul(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2015
abraka00:
[ If really you have been to many international forums, you would have understood the need to condem politicians when making inciting statements.Amaeach said he will take to the street if elections are posponed and now the elections have been posponed. Most of us claimed to be civilsed but shy away from the truth. Why not condem Amaech's statement. What happens to those that chose to laws into their own hands or is Amaechi above the law? The way you APC members are going about this change is bad.

wow....i am appalled at ur reaction to Ameachi's plan to protest if the election is postponed. what more lawful way can one ear his view if not through a peaceful protest which is every one fundamental in a democracy.

There is no well meaning Nigerian who make plans for life that this election date shifting did not affect his/her schedule and deserve an apology not for electoral gain but out political conviction. NYSC POP date shifted for the election, investors/businesses speculating till the end of the election, people traveled in view of the unforseen event that will follow the election, some higher institutions closed down.....

after all is said and done, may this be for the general interest of the country.

#GodBlessNigeria
and may he forever bless its people and guide the leaders aright.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by cashkid: 8:36am On Feb 08, 2015
quid:

I hear the court case is scheduled for Tuesday, 10th Feb 2015.

This is a constitutional democracy, not motor park agbero politics.

U "hear" n fool like u is asking for Buhari's certificate?
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 08, 2015
cashkid:

U "hear" n fool like u is asking for Buhari's certificate?
When the court case starts, don't come whining here on Nairaland.

A word is enough . . .

1 Like

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by chiefolododo(m): 8:42am On Feb 08, 2015
amen
OLADD:

May your conscience judge you forever.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by kate3: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2015
It is well known fact that empty barrels makes the loudest noise. Toothless dogs barking all time. Everybody who mean well for this country knows that it is not safe to rush into election without proper scurity. The people incharge told us that they can not grant security. All the other parties felt the same but APC who has no good intentions was insisting on having the electlon. They are in a hurry to snatch power. They have planned to cause confusion if they fail as usual. A band of political prostitutes with no good plan for Nigeria. They wanted to do it the garage way. Threatening nigerians if the election is prospone. Empty threats of cowards. The election has been prosponed, come out and fulfil your stupid threats, Baboons. This is how it will be when PDP will carry their victory again. Nothing cocroch fit do to Fowl in this world. Nigeria is bigger than them and their inordinated ambitions. Aso-rock is not for political prostitutes. Yeye dey smile.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by obiak4(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2015
so these INEC has finally done the wishes of PDP and forget my own wish ha I have to start planning Feb 14 gift kia
well it all good sha go start preparation ASAP INEC there is God oooooo
some gals b like it a good development smh
jega I will hold you responsible for any babe getting pregnant at feb14 yes u can quote me
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by obiak4(m): 9:02am On Feb 08, 2015
kate3:
It is well known fact that empty barrels makes the loudest noise. Toothless dogs barking all time. Everybody who mean well for this country knows that it is not safe to rush into election without proper scurity. The people incharge told us that they can not grant security. All the other parties felt the same but APC who has no good intentions was insisting on having the electlon. They are in a hurry to snatch power. They have planned to cause confusion if they fail as usual. A band of political prostitutes with no good plan for Nigeria. They wanted to do it the garage way. Threatening nigerians if the election is prospone. Empty threats of cowards. The election has been prosponed, come out and fulfil your stupid threats, Baboons. This is how it will be when PDP will carry their victory again. Nothing cocroch fit do to Fowl in this world. Nigeria is bigger than them and their inordinated ambitions. Aso-rock is not for political prostitutes. Yeye dey smile.
so much venom u spit kia u get mouth power oooo this babe
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by kate3: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2015
It is well known fact that empty barrels makes the loudest noise. Toothless dogs barking all time. Everybody who mean well for this country knows that it is not safe to rush into election without proper scurity. The people incharge told us that they can not grant security. All the other parties felt the same but APC who has no good intentions was insisting on having the electlon. They are in a hurry to snatch power. They have planned to cause confusion if they fail as usual. A band of political prostitutes with no good plan for Nigeria. They wanted to do it the garage way. Threatening nigerians if the election is prospone. Empty threats of cowards. The election has been prosponed, come out and fulfil your stupid threats, Baboons. This is how it will be when PDP will carry their victory again. Nothing cocroch fit do to Fowl in this world. Nigeria is bigger than them and their inordinated ambitions. Aso-rock is not for political prostitutes. Yeye dey smell!!!! APC KEEP JOGGING !!!! E GO BETTER. NIGERIANS BEAR IN MIND THAT CHANGE CAN BE FOR BAD/GOOD. WHICH ONE APC?
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 08, 2015
Just last year Waec asked the government of Borno state to move the exams from the government Secondary school in Chibok and it was ignored,the rest they say is history.
Now the security agents have asked for the postponement of the elections by six weeks and all we see here is whining upon whining and for the fact that some voters have not collected their PVC doesn't mean anything to them.

please which way apeeshi
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Eluwilussit(m): 10:18am On Feb 08, 2015
nagoma:

You are so desperate to return to north-south rivalry while the situation is clear - Jonathan is so incompetent in leadership that only criminals want him to continue as president.

Is GEJ anymore clueless than all the vagabonds that ruled before? Keep deceiving yourself, there has always been rivalry between the North and South. Rivalry could be healthy. Telling me that a former coupist, who can't remember what happened to his certificates is better than GEJ is an insult to my sensibilities.

Tell me what your messiah has ever achieved without quota system? Tell me, what did Buhari achieve in the last 29 years out of office? He can't even do well for himself, not to talk of for others.

All the years of mismanagement by the North, resulted to this mess and everyone here wants Jonathan to fix it in 5 years. Seriously, we are very harsh on Jonathan. He has done poorly when it comes to security, but that's not without reason. The North refused to collaborate with the government at the beginning. Now the same North is crying wolf. If not for Tinubu and his evil plots, would we be talking of Buhari today?

Your Buhari is a disgrace to our national unity. Guess you didn't read that as head of state, he voted for a Fulani man from Niger republic instead of a nigerian candidate because he was from the SE, during OAU election- that's the man whom some of you are calling progressive.

The problem with the Northern elite is that they want power back at all cost. Lemme ask you, what has GEJ done for the south? What did all the northern rule do for the North? In both cases, nothing.

If at 72, Buhari is the only one from the North that is qualified to rule us, then the North is dead. GEJ is not the best but he's trying. If he got as much support as obj, he would have done better.

As for corruption, lying under oath is perjury. Buhari would have been in jail by now in a civilized country. Get it, you are not doing the North any favour by bringing Buhari, except if this whole charade is all about returning power to the North, and not about our national interests.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Eluwilussit(m): 10:25am On Feb 08, 2015
quid:
Wonderful.

So true. Somebody is going to jail.

1 Like

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by 989900: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2015
This administration wants to do in 6 weeks, what it has not in 6 years . . . so they know what is right . . . #we'rwatching
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Eluwilussit(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Lol. I am enjoying the comments especially the riff-raffs who are jubilating even when they havenothing to gain from it.

The hawks around the presidents never let go easily. From IBB all the way to GEJ, they want to stay in power at all cost. They were able to keep comatose Yar'Adua in Aso Rock in order to continue the pillage of Nigeria resources. What makes any sane person think they will walk away easily this time?

Some people really think that this is about GEJ. No! Even if a monkey is the president, they will still play the same game. The cabals are stronger than people can imagine especially these days that voices of dissent can be muted with dollars. Like I stated earlier, there is something about Aso Rock that once tasted, occupants would not want to leave peacefully.

If GEJ is very sure of victory, PVC issues and security challenges would not have come up.

Talking about cabals, didn't people read how Chris Uba (an Igbo civilian) was able to commandeer some soldiers into Ekiti (in Yoruba land) to rig in the current governor? It is never about ethnicity, religion nor level of education. There are special interests that do not consider any of the yardsticks that must be protected all cost.

\

I agree with every word here. At the same time, I want to remind us that the same cabal was there during Buhari's reign of terror. Tinubu, Amaechi and co, will form a new cabal if APC wins. You can't rule anywhere without some sort of cabals. Don't make it sound like it is a crime. It could be very positive if the people involved are civilized and have some good intentions for the masses.

You've got cabals in the west too. Still they are doing well for themselves. Buhari will be a disaster as a democrat. He is too old.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by notoriousbabe: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2015
MARCH OVER, A NEW DISCOVERY.WILL HISTORY
REPEAT ITSELF? The moment I heard that the
General Election was postponed till march
28th,2015,I took a swift action into history and
gladly discovered that this postponement is an
Aural of Divinity.March is very significant in the
political History of the world.President
F.Kennedy of US, an opposition candidate won
Presidential election in March,1968.Former
Zimbabwe prime minister,Morgan Tsvangirai
lost an election to an opposition presidential
candidate,Robert Mugabe in the month of
march.I also glanced through ukraine history
and saw how a ruling party lost presidential
election in march 2003.March is always a good
time to march over and take control.It is the
best time for an opposition party to march over
and win election.Buhari is fully ready to march
over.Please join the marching Team today to
march out Jona.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by dabossman(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2015
It's sad to see some people rejoicing and making jokes over this election postponement. Sad because many think this is about GEJ or GMB. No, this is about Nigeria. The self professed giant of Africa, with the largest economy that cannot organise a simple election with four years to prepare. When will we ever get things right? I bet if we had been asked to host the AFCON for instance and CAF had to postpone the competition because we are not prepared, most of you would have been embarrassed by our inability to do so. Let me not even mention FIFA world cup. Yet here we are unable to organise a simple national election and some people feel that is a laudable achievement.

Yet many of you will get riled up when Ghanains, Kenyans or South Africans begin to mock us on social media. This is 2015 for heavens sake. Are we this backward? When it comes to using the latest cars and gadgets we are on point with the rest of the world. But when it comes to basic governance we will need 400 years to meet up with the rest of civilisation right?

God help Nigeria. It is blessed already. It's people are just too slow to know it.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by abraka00(f): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=dasoul post=30532315]

wow....i am appalled at ur reaction to Ameachi's plan to protest if the election is postponed. what more lawful way can one ear his view if not through a peaceful protest which is every one fundamental in a democracy.

No need for protest since inec acted in line with the provisions of the electoral act and the constitution. If Amaechi is not satisfied, he should approach the court in a civilised manner instead of inciting the public.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by nzeadachie: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2015
notoriousbabe:
MARCH OVER, A NEW DISCOVERY.WILL HISTORY
REPEAT ITSELF? The moment I heard that the
General Election was postponed till march
28th,2015,I took a swift action into history and
gladly discovered that this postponement is an
Aural of Divinity.March is very significant in the
political History of the world.President
F.Kennedy of US, an opposition candidate won
Presidential election in March,1968.Former
Zimbabwe prime minister,Morgan Tsvangirai
lost an election to an opposition presidential
candidate,Robert Mugabe in the month of
march.I also glanced through ukraine history
and saw how a ruling party lost presidential
election in march 2003.March is always a good
time to march over and take control.It is the
best time for an opposition party to march over
and win election.Buhari is fully ready to march
over.Please join the marching Team today to
march out Jona.

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by abraka00(f): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=dasoul post=30532315]
There are civilised ways to protest a particlar action or inaction. Must APC members take to the streets like gang stars? Cant they approach the court to nullify the shift in election date? We should do things as civilised people.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Ivanspring:

LOL... Your post got me laughing, honestly.

Firstly, i'm not a direct beneficiary of GEJ's government.

Secondly, i'm not a teenager and I developed breasts many many years ago.

Thirdly, I don't eat yam and oil. I prefer it with soup.

Finally, ...

I will come back and modify this fourth point after church today...Mr General.

You prefer the soup to fried eggs?

Further implies you are within the circle of those partaking in Jonathan's corrupt palm oil yam delicacy. Soup still has palm oil.

Other-wise what has he done worthy of another 4 years on the seat? Or perhaps is he your tribesman?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Beware Of This Kind Of Scam... / Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) / African Man Spotted With A Sponge And Soap, Getting Ready To Bath At The Beach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.