Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

Please Help! Connecting Audio From Laptop To Home Theatre - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help! Connecting Audio From Laptop To Home Theatre (3660 Views)

Hp Dv6 Produces No Audio From The Inbuilt Speakers / Help:connecting Multiple Monitor To One Cpu / How To Convert All Video Files (including Drm Protected) And Extract Audio From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! Connecting Audio From Laptop To Home Theatre by blacklion(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2009
My people,

I need help connecting audio from my laptop to my Samsung home theatre in order to get surround sound. I am watching movies on my laptop by connecting the video through VGA port from my laptop to my LCD TV. But I can't find a means to connect the audio output from my laptop to the home theatre.

Also, I have another challenge. I have Samsung and Phillips home theatres and an LG DVD player. I urgently need the hacks to make them region free. A friend sent me some original DVDs from abroad but I can't play them because they are a different region from my machines. Please help a brotha!!!

Happy New Year!
Re: Please Help! Connecting Audio From Laptop To Home Theatre by sojioguns(m): 8:52am On Jan 02, 2009
You have scaled one hurdle of connecting the display. You just need a Y-cable. One end has your regular 3.5mm earphone jack and the other end has 2 RCA/phono jacks. It is easily available from any electronics store. Just ask for y-cable and examine before you buy.(it costs about 100 bucks) You could also check the palms. The Vision and Soul store, where they sell TVs and sound systems. They have a lot of cables for sale. (they will be more expensive but will last longer).
As for the DVD hacks, it is pretty difficult as a lot of manufacturers have blocked the ability to hack their players. I would suggest using the laptop to play the DVDs for now. That is the upper hand that no-names have over the common names. Most of them are region-free.
Re: Please Help! Connecting Audio From Laptop To Home Theatre by blacklion(m): 6:20am On Jan 03, 2009
Bros, thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll check at vision & soul for the y-cable and use the laptop to play the coded DVDs. Guess its back to China 16-in-1 DVD for my home theater from now on. This region coding is just too much of a nuisance.

(1) (Reply)

Some Keys On My Laptop Just Stopped Working / Yahoo Yahooo Boyz In A Lecture Room! God Help Us / 8TH GEN COREI5 ACER LAPTOP WITH 2GB NVIDIA -SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.