Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished (1543 Views)

DSTV Censors "God" and "Jesus" On All Their Stations? / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 08, 2015
The three most powerful word is the world it is finished that was uttered by JESUP CHRIST on the cross b4 he then gave up the ghost has been interpreted differently by various religions, so i want to really know what JESUS meant when he said it is finished on the cross.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by izuch(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2015
Google is your friend tongue
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by ibkgab001: 7:23am On Feb 08, 2015
it means it has finished for Jonathan .. who is in position to helpus improve social amenities.... good schools....good road.... and bridge the religion diffrences but he is busy drinking blood all over the country.......

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by ibkgab001: 7:24am On Feb 08, 2015
lollll .. it means there will be no more sorrow
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2015
izuch:
Google is your friend tongue
just tell me ure ignorant of the word of GOD.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
it means it has finished for Jonathan .. who is in position to helpus improve social amenities.... good schools....good road.... and bridge the religion diffrences but he is busy drinking blood all over the country.......
nairaland allowing children dat speaks tru their anus to register since 1900bc.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
lollll .. it means there will be no more sorrow
so are there no more sorrows in dis world now?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by lolaxavier(m): 7:30am On Feb 08, 2015
Means GEJ has finished packing his bags and he's ready for Otueke...
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by izuch(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
I could swear that some of the posts I see here were written by donkeys if not that I know better angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Tallesty1(m): 7:34am On Feb 08, 2015
messpero90:
Did you ask the question to learn or to argue?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2015
lolaxavier:
Means GEJ has finished packing his bags and he's ready for Otueke...
how can u pray 4 d downfall of a successful man n expect GOD 2 take u 4rm ur poverty,broke,rached situation, pls my friend u need 2 change ur mindset.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by ibkgab001: 7:36am On Feb 08, 2015
there were no sorrows ... let me tell you what is going around is just preamble of what is going to happen in the nearest future if you and i did not resist from sins...how i wish i know better ways to explain this .. i can`t imagine how life would be for everyone if Jesus has not died to wash away our sins thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Did you ask the question to learn or to argue?
just say u dnt know n stop beating around d bush.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by engrtee(f): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2015
His mission is finished on earth
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by malvisguy212: 7:47am On Feb 08, 2015
Ephesians 2:1 say you dead in sin and made alive in Christ.....
Verse 8-9 say 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

In other word Christ has already finished the work for you,salvation is the free gift of God not by your own strength so that you cannot boast.

Some religions teaching teaches that God will judge them base on there good deed, if there good deed outweigh there bad deed God will forgive Them,this is wrong. Suppose a man killed your love one and was taking to court on the day of the trial the man say " I have been doing good deed" and the judge measures his good and bad deed, his good deed outweigh his bad deed. And he was freed, will you called the judge a good judge?God will judge us on our righteousness in Christ And the bible say Christ became sinner so that I will be made righteous.

This is the evil teaching;
Surah 7:8,9 And the weighing [of deeds] that Day will be the truth. So those whose scales are heavy - it is they who will be the successful. And those whose
scales are light - they are the ones
who will lose themselves for what
injustice they were doing toward Our
verses.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by lolaxavier(m): 7:57am On Feb 08, 2015
messpero90:
how can u pray 4 d downfall of a successful man n expect GOD 2 take u 4rm ur poverty,broke,rached situation, pls my friend u need 2 change ur mindset.

Guy...you wouldn't want to go there with me. Poverty you say? Broke you say? Wretched not rached you mean?
Well I've got nothing to prove to you. I already know your limitations.
Anyway, should you need to know, I don't do your god, so I'm not sure how that fits in my bill...
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Feb 08, 2015
messpero90:
just say u dnt know n stop beating around d bush.
You don't sound like person who wants to learn, take it or leave it............

Your manner of approach sucks tbh.

I wonder what you are doing in this section.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nairalander01: 9:04am On Feb 08, 2015
ibkgab001:
Your stupidity is legendary
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
You don't sound like person who wants to learn, take it or leave it............

Your manner of approach sucks tbh.

I wonder what you are doing in this section.
whateva dude. im nt going 2 trade words with u.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2015
lolaxavier:

Guy...you wouldn't want to go there with me. Poverty you say? Broke you say? Wretched not rached you mean?
Well I've got nothing to prove to you. I already know your limitations.
Anyway, should you need to know, I don't do your god, so I'm not sure how that fits in my bill...
lol funny but empty. gud day kid.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by SalC: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
To understand it, we need to go back to the original language, the words spoken by him can better mean "paid in full"

It simply means he has completely paid the debt of sin we owe, it means "mission accomplished" it means, Paid today and forever.

And after that, he gave up the ghost.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
messpero90:

Don't mind them, let them be debating over the nonsense concocted by the Medieval Christian Crusaders.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Zoharariel:

Don't mind them, let them be debating over the nonsense concocted by the Medieval Christian Crusaders.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha so wats ur opinion in dis mara?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by waldigit: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
messpero90:
The three most powerful word is the world it is finished that was uttered by JESUP CHRIST on the cross b4 he then gave up the ghost has been interpreted differently by various religions, so i want to really know what JESUS meant when he said it is finished on the cross.
It means: all what God need to do for man He has done it all, and it is finished.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
waldigit:

It means: all what God need to do for man He has done it all, and it is finished.
so u mean GOD wnt answa us now dat u said he has dne everytin?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word Said By JESUS On The Cross Said: It Is Finished by tartar9(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
"Cheii e! Cheii! Cheii e! Na me be thiiis I Don Die"

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Jewelries (earrings,necklace, Ring Etc.) / Is Restitution A Must For Christians? / Wives, Submit Yourselves To Your Own Husbands As You Do To The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.