Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? (750 Views)

Baby Girl Leading Her Family In Prayer (Video) / See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money / Oyedepo Kneeling Down Before Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? by keenn: 8:29am On Feb 08, 2015
A particular paper used a picture of president jonathan being laid hands upon by a supposed man of God, upon sighting this infuriating show of public acceptance I asked my self these questions:
1. If the president needs prayers should and must it be done for public display?
2. If truly, I mean if truly the prayers of these men of God can solicit, or if they can direct the affairs of jonathan into good and proper governance, then is it not just prudent to make these same men of God as our president (considering their closeness and rap with God)
3. If the president shows such display of submission only during election year, then what does that make the men of God?
Re: The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? by elantraceey(f): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2015
Do you kneel when you want to pray or when you're prayed for?
Re: The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2015
That's what you see in a country where all it's citizens are religous but with the heart of Adolf Hitler
Re: The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? by Lianaluv(f): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2015
I think he is kneeling before his creator in which before God, we are all the same and the pastor is just a servant of God being used by God for divine mandate.He is there to seek help from his maker and not necessarily kneeling before the pastor. My opinion tho.
Re: The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2015
Yes!!! It is a sign of humilty. He doesn't see himself kneeling before the pastor, he sees himself in God's presence. He can even lie down if he wishes.
Re: The Kneeling Of A President In Prayer Houses, Is It Called For? by Tayeni(m): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2015
It makes no spiritual difference.....but makes political sense in a nation such as ours, where we are so religious and emotional. kneeling for prayers in public would not change who he is. Will not give him a change of heart overnight. Jonathan is Jonathan....simple.
He had to go to Mouka...because Adeboye's prayers werent enough?
i dont think so....all na show for the crowds....

(1) (Reply)

It Is Better To Raise Your Children As Atheist - Study Says / Where Is The Garden Of Eden / The trend of Gospel Artistes Featuring Circular Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.