Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,613 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? (822 Views)

Powerful Welfare Prayer You Must Pray Everyday / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / Join Pastor Chris To Pray On Yookos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2009
Hi all

Just wondering why the rush in churches when it's the end of the year. What makes the prayer you pray on the 31st of Dec different from the one you prayed say on the 3rd of may?

Another funny thing is that, majority of those that rush to churches on the 31st are not regular church goers. undecided

What do u guys have to say? smiley
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by AKO1(m): 5:50pm On Jan 01, 2009
Lets be careful not to bunch everyone together. Although truth be told, quite a number of people do the whole 31st Dec. thing out of religious dogma. And the reason why people take it seriously is the same reason why lazy students do 'fire brigade' a day before an exam.

Personally I see nothing wrong in praying into the new year. As long as you don't think that its that prayer alone that makes the year prosperous, successful, etc, blah blah blah and all the other things people like to wish each other at this time. It's not a bad idea to enter the new year in the prescence of God in prayer, some people even have sex into the new year. grin grin
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2009
Hmm. . .
Good thinking
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Busybody2(f): 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2009
God please teach me how to pray embarassed
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by SethCohen1: 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2009
@post

Because they are hypocrites and follow follow and need to be seen that they were at the night virgil on the 31st dec, lol

What makes me laugh the most is that every year, these same people rush to these churches and wait for the prayers for an upward review in their financial success and the pastor brings out themes of "THE YEAR OF 7 FOLDS" or "THE YEAR OF FULFILLED MIRACLES" and i wonder what happened to the year before and the year before that that was promised as the "THE YEAR OF 7 FOLDS" or "THE YEAR OF FULFILLED MIRACLES"?

Ignorance they say is Bliss and religious apologists are full of it especially on the 31st of every year ending, lol
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by manmustwac(m): 12:07am On Jan 02, 2009
@post
NOTHING!!! If there is any difference about praying on the 31st and lets say praying on the 5th of March then the only difference is the TIME! Apart from that there is no diference.
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2009
Ha!

I thought d same o. Some will never carry a watch night service over. Some call it crossover sef. Only God knows what they are crossing over from. undecided
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Betty605: 12:36am On Jan 07, 2009
i guess the Title says it all, grin
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by arramyjay: 7:21am On Jan 07, 2009
Sentiments,lots and lots of sentiments.
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:18am On Jan 07, 2009
arramyjay:

Sentiments,lots and lots of sentiments.

u can say that again o.

How have u been?
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by arramyjay: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2009
Tgirl4real:

u can say that again o.

How have u been?

Sentiments! Semtiments! is it ok, lol cheesy cheesy
Well,and you?
happy new yr.
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by segyemaro(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2009
i dont think there is any difference,its just thesame like every other days,you going for pass over service will not guarantee your success in the in coming year, you just have to be close to God.Even the muslims that dont go for pass over night are they not more successful?
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2009
I tire o lipsrsealed
Re: What Makes The Prayer You Pray On The 31st Of Dec Different? by otokx(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2009
superstition is rampant in some societies

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Me Getting A Tattoo? / The Final Barrier To Our Attaining God Is The Word And Concept "GOD" / Almajiri In Senegal (called Talibes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.