Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays (52831 Views)

Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Church Of Luminants In USA: End Time Church / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by fejikudz(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
if not for number 4 and 6, i would have said this thread is USELESS sad
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Coldfeet(f): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19 you forgot to add bodyguards surrounding the pulpit and following the pastor about.

3 Likes

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Op u are on point.....u are really right with most of ur points

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by l4dlaw(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
angryAnd if I may ask why did u choose going to churches about and u don't hav a particular church? Are yu a tourist? And mind u stop going tu church to look @ pples' character buh go for salvation of yorself and for yor own blessings kos at d end you will end up being an on-looker. Today in my own church my choir presented "this year by jaywon" and it was prophetically marvellous. So tell mi tha we're all going to hell faya? U saint!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by delishpot: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
Twerking for ch.....t
Azonto for ch..t
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by deejayALFY(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19:
Hello my fellow nairalanders, i will love to share with you some worldly things that happens in the church of God nowadays but doesn't pleases God.
I'm a kind of person that loves visiting different types of churches but some things that we see in churches these days are nothing to talk about, here are some:

1 PASTORS PREACHES WITH MOBILE PHONES AND LAPTOPS; This is a process in which the devil is using to send the bible into extinction, i see no big deal in pastors making use of thier bible to preach but some pastors of nowadays also wants to feel among, if devil come and attack them, is it their phone or laptop they will use to fight the devil?? The mobile bible is meant for reading when you are in a free time or you are in a bus and you just wish to go through the words of God....

2 COMPETITIONS IN THE CHURCH OF GOD; This is another thing the church of God is fond of doing nowadays, because sister Mary is putting on an expensive dress with some kinds of heavy jeweries, sister Jane is already planning the one that will beat the sister Mary's own next sunday, or brother Michael just bought a new BB Z30 last week, brother John has also gotten a new BB passport this week, is that what you come to do in church??

3 WORLDLY DANCE IN THE CHURCH OF GOD; The trending dance step in the church these days is "shoki", you will tell God when your hand turn to snake and the person you are about to strike. Some girls also what they do is twerking in the church, which can even make the pastor backslide, you better watch your ways.

4 CLAIMING BIG BOYS AND GIRLS IN THE CHURCH; This one is common in we youths, when pastor ask us to stand up and clap or praise the lord, that is when you will see some guys folding their arms, some won't even stand up at all, please if you don't praise God, who do you wnt to praise??

5 [b]PREACHING OF WORLDLY THINGS
; Some pastors of these days has removed the kingdom of God from their dairy, all they know is to preach about the latest car, latest private jet, the latest mansion and how to make much money, vanity upon vaniy, all is vanity.

6 TAKING NOTE OF PASTOR'S MISTAKES; No one is above mistake but youths of nowadays don't want to know that, all they do is laugh at the pastor's mistakes, later you will start saying your prayers are not answered.

7 TOASTING IN THE CHURCH OF GOD; Hmmm.... A new babe just visited your church and because you don't want brother Mike to outsmart you in talking to her, you now decided to do your parol right inside the church, please the church is not a hook up zone, if you are in church, it's God you are there to meet not babe......

I guess that is okay for now, God bless us all.
dats d reason i dont lyk goin tu church....#march4buhari#GMBFORPRESIDENCY
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by eljidy(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
nice one....may God have mercy on the church, seriously the church is getting worldly and the world is getting churchly...
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
some ladies are fond of pinging in the church as if their fucking life depend on that phone,so annoying#ladis stop this shiiits and dress decently to church.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by sowhatifiamibo(m): 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=zick19 post=30536942]Hello my fellow nairalanders, i will love to share with you some worldly things that happens in the church of God nowadays but doesn't pleases God.
I'm a kind of person that loves visiting different types of churches but some things that we see in churches these days are nothing to talk about, here are some:

1 PASTORS PREACHES WITH MOBILE PHONES AND LAPTOPS; This is a process in which the devil is using to send the bible into extinction, i see no big deal in pastors making use of thier bible to preach but some pastors of nowadays also wants to feel among, if devil come and attack them, is it their phone or laptop they will use to fight the devil?? The mobile bible is meant for reading when you are in a free time or you are in a bus and you just wish to go through the words of God....

2 COMPETITIONS IN THE CHURCH OF GOD; This is another thing the church of God is fond of doing nowadays, because sister Mary is putting on an expensive dress with some kinds of heavy jeweries, sister Jane is already planning the one that will beat the sister Mary's own next sunday, or brother Michael just bought a new BB Z30 last week, brother John has also gotten a new BB passport this week, is that what you come to do in church??

3 WORLDLY DANCE IN THE CHURCH OF GOD; The trending dance step in the church these days is "shoki", you will tell God when your hand turn to snake and the person you are about to strike. Some girls also what they do is twerking in the church, which can even make the pastor backslide, you better watch your ways.

4 CLAIMING BIG BOYS AND GIRLS IN THE CHURCH; This one is common in we youths, when pastor ask us to stand up and clap or praise the lord, that is when you will see some guys folding their arms, some won't even stand up at all, please if you don't praise God, who do you wnt to praise??

; Some pastors of these days has removed the kingdom of God from their dairy, all they know is to preach about the latest car, latest private jet, the latest mansion and how to make much money, vanity upon vaniy, all is vanity.

6 TAKING NOTE OF PASTOR'S MISTAKES; No one is above mistake but youths of nowadays don't want to know that, all they do is laugh at the pastor's mistakes, later you will start saying your prayers are not answered.

7 TOASTING IN THE CHURCH OF GOD; Hmmm.... A new babe just visited your church and because you don't want brother Mike to outsmart you in talking to her, you now decided to do your parol right inside the church, please the church is not a hook up zone, if you are in church, it's God you are there to meet not babe......

[/quote[b]] It seems every little thing is considered too "Worldly" or "Demonic" by you bible thumpers who are so gung ho and self righteous to a fault!! That God you claim to worship and praise created this physical,material world you so much despise!! If you wish not to be part of it in order not to be too "Worldly",the
n make a quick exit!! [/b]
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by tosingcfr(m): 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19:
Hello :

. A christian is supposed to be a walking Bible.
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Wetin come day wrong with to shoki inside church again? Na wa oh! All dis pious and religious myopic ppl sef, una day try sha.

Who are u to judge who God has not judged?

Smh
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by eminent007(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
And i challenge God to do any thing about it, what can he do about it? What has he done about it?

may God not hold this statement agains u.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Almost every bad thing happens in Nigerian churches.

Majority of nigerian churches are places where people come to be entertained, show off their new attires and know what is the latest fashion.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Exponental(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
confession tinz....
it's actually good to repent thereafter.
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Irises(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19:
Hello my fellow nairalanders, i will love to share with you some worldly things that happens in the church of God nowadays but doesn't pleases God.

1. The spoken word matters.. Whether it on tabs, laptops, books

2.yea i know of competition but u dont expect them to wear shit na.. Nd if u are rich, u will automatically put on something good.

3. Remember how david danced.. I guess there was shoki in his moves..lol

4. Thats their business.. The blessing is not by force

5. I dont see anything wrong in preaching prosperity.. Besides i remember the bible saying that *God delights in the prosperity of his people*

6. Correct

7. Let them toast na.. U never know, that could be marriage on the way..
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
charlsecy:
Nothing wrong with eBibles. Why are you not using a stone tablet or a scroll for your Bible? Why on paper?
are you a member of christ embassy?
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Dubemkelly(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pastors' prowess makes it more interesting, if he speaks well, then I'm soaked into the sermon. Prefer the e-biblical apps
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by imemba1(f): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Base on no.1point.is not about wat ur using topreach or using to attack d devil is about wat u have INSIDE of you.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ojukwu24:
OP, I disagree with No. 1. Just like someone rightly said, why not use the ones on scrolls or tablet. Secondly, u don't fight devil with the physical bible but with the spoken word of God. That's where the power is.

That's just my opinion.

I agree with you... Or they should use the ones on Stone since that's the first
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by richidinho(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19:

U don't wnt to talk abt night clubs
Not even ur office and ur family life

Go ahead criticise church and pastors
U won't end well
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by deavicky(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
charlsecy:
Nothing wrong with eBibles. Why are you not using a stone tablet or a scroll for your Bible? Why on paper?
everything is wrong with ebible. those days if devil see bible e go run away but now devil is no longer worried because we no longer use the bible.
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by Kobeje(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
And i challenge God to do any thing about it, what can he do about it? What has he done about it?

I'm not sure I get your point, but be careful what you say about God and how you say it. He can defend Himself. Do not disdain Him or He will show you that He is God. I guess you are ready for the challenge though.

2 Likes

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by lomprico(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19:

I never said its wrong, my main point is on how the pastors makes use of it.... They keep bible somewhere else and they make their tabs in place of the bible...
Aka, they show off!
But u used d word worldly making it wrong! Why d contradiction?
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by sam4(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
zick19:

they will never like it or share it at all
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by vislabraye(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
charlsecy:

Exactly !!
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by merits(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
olisa4:
so what's your point?
that is why ISLAM is the best religion.come to islam and you will be set from worldly things.
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by kilokeys(m): 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
this shouldn't make fp..

NL should show d best of us.. not self righteous fanatics that r unfortunately shallow in the things of God.
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by mezebel(f): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jameselias:
are u high on weed? May God forgive ur ignoramus behavour.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Op you are too petty
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by onyeamuma73: 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
pastors fingering female menbers in the name of God reveal to me there is snake in ur womb and spiritual blocked in ur felopian tube prophets romancing girls in the name of is healing u of breast cancer
Re: Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays by vacanci: 9:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
deavicky:
everything is wrong with ebible. those days if devil see bible e go run away but now devil is no longer worried because we no longer use the bible.

Have you seen the devil and his reactions to bible before? It is the word of God that matters irrespective of the medium you find it. After all it was originally on stone. The growth in population saw it printed on paper to enable wide distribution and ease of reading. Now to further ease the reading with more versions in one, the electronic versions sprung up.
Whether on stone, paper or electronic, it is the word that matter and not the container or medium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For Year 2023 By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.