Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (1124 Views)

Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment / Home Remedies For Sore Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Re: . by PapiWata: 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
chistev12:
I started working out yesterday because i want to get stronger. I did various types of pushups. Today, i woke up and my body was aching me. My arm and back ache slightly. I want to do pull ups today but someone told me i'm going to strain my muscles.
Should i continue the workouts despite the pain, or should i wait for the pain to stop?

Rest for one day between workouts of each area, for the best results. Working the same muscle groups on consecutive days is not as productive as when you alternate upper body 3 days a week, with legs 2 days a week.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
No.

Are you stretching first? If you did "various types of pushups", did you use correct techniques for each? If you're not stretching & warming up your muscles and if you're not doing the exercises properly, you're definitely going to feel sore. Working out when you're sore as a result of your previous workout isn't a good idea. You don't want to injure yourself.
Re: . by PapiWata: 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
Yields:
No.

Are you stretching first? If you did "various types of pushups", did you use correct techniques for each? If you're not stretching & warming up your muscles and if you're not doing the exercises properly, you're definitely going to feel sore. Working out when you're sore as a result of your previous workout isn't a good idea. You don't want to injure yourself.

No pain no gain. Stretching is important of course, but if the man is working out and feeling no soreness, he is either using too light of a weight, or is not exerting himself enough.

For weight lifters seeking to gain weight, pain is GOOD, for it signifies that muscle fibers have been torn at the microscopic level, and will then build back up BIGGER during the subsequent hours of sleep. The paramount rule is NEVER to exercise the same group of muscles for two days running, since that will bring slower development because the torn muscle fibers are being attacked daily with no rest day given in between to allow for the muscle fiber "repair" and bulk-up process.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
PapiWata:

No pain no gain. Stretching is important of course, but if the man is working out and feeling no soreness, he is either using too light of a weight, or is not exerting himself enough.

For weight lifters seeking to gain weight, pain is GOOD, for it signifies that muscle fibers have been torn at the microscopic level, and will then build back up BIGGER during the subsequent hours of sleep. The paramount rule is NEVER to exercise the same group of muscles for two days running, since that will bring slower development because the torn muscle fibers are being attacked daily with no rest day given in between to allow for the muscle fiber "repair" and bulk-up process.
He is feeling sore and has body aches. I know a lil' bit of pain is good with lifting weights, but no one's talking about weight-lifting at this point. He's not lifting weights, at least no yet. He did push-ups yesterday wants to do "pull-ups" today. He should wait until he's ready to start again, this time making sure he gets his muscles ready and incorporates proper techniques. I wouldn't want him straining his muscles. No need to rush.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Makes Health Insurance Compulsory / Four Traditional Ways To Treat Kwashiorkor / Tragic Baby Boy Born With The Arms And Legs Of His Headless Parasitic Twin Protr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.