Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Procedure For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Procedure For Divorce (4367 Views)

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / "I Am Tired Of Feeding And Clothing My Husband", A Woman Begs Court For Divorce / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Procedure For Divorce by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
Please enlighten me on the procedure of getting divorce. What are my chances of getting custody of my child and the unborn child? I am in nigeria. Reason: irreconcilable differences
Re: Procedure For Divorce by harizonal123(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
Tiredwify:
Reason: irreconcilable differences
Give us the full details if u want honest advice
Re: Procedure For Divorce by purplesummer(f): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lol..."irreconcilable differences" is the omnibus term couples in the US usually rely on but in Nigeria you could say the marriage has broken down irretrievably.

Sweetheart get a lawyer that will guide you through the divorce process if you truly need one smiley
Re: Procedure For Divorce by austine4real(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
Instead of u asking us hw d marriage is goin 2 work, bedwetter go &fix ur home
Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
austine4real:
Instead of u asking us hw d marriage is goin 2 work, bedwetter go &fix ur home

Must she remain married.. You do not know her story sir, you have no right to call her names.
Nigerians and prtence. She should stay and surffer to please you? shior.

12 Likes

Re: Procedure For Divorce by AyeeIdris(f): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
I remember your last post. Honey, I dont know if your mind is made up or you are just really upset. The first year of marriage is brutal for most people. Most issues can be resolved and one day, you may smile at the time you almost divorced. Please be sure.
In the event you are sure. If u did registry, you need to file a petition under section 15 of the Matrimonial Causes Act. As earlier stated, you will use the marriage has broken down irretrievably clause.....You will have to go into details in your petition as to your reasons. Your spouse will answer or cross petition and the whole legal drama may take 2 years.......A conference will be held at a point to see if you guys wish to reconcile......do you want any maintenance from him for yourself or your kid, if any? You can petition for both.

If you dey Lag, the courts are on strike. It will be a long while before they sort out the backlog talk less of talking new cases. So ample time to settle. heheheh #hatedivorcecases

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Procedure For Divorce by austine4real(m): 6:43am On Feb 09, 2015
delishpot:

Must she remain married.. You do not know her story sir, you have no right to call her names.
so if ur marriage is nt working divorce is d solution abi?
Re: Procedure For Divorce by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 09, 2015
austine4real:

I hope you will show this spirit of working on your marriage if your wife cheats on you.

8 Likes

Re: Procedure For Divorce by austine4real(m): 10:10am On Feb 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

I hope you will show this spirit of working on your marriage if your wife cheats on you.
lolx sophie again grin grin grin GOD WLL HELP ME

1 Like

Re: Procedure For Divorce by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 09, 2015
austine4real:
lolx sophie again grin grin grin GOD WLL HELP ME

You see yourself? You don call God. why the thing hard you to talk? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2015
austine4real:

Yes! if it will save.my life and my peace of mind. I have heard and seen lots of cases where divorce would have made a lot of difference but the partners stuck to each other because of people like you, who would rather they drag out the womans/ mans corpse after being killed by a spouse at home because they were too concerned of what people evil people like you will say should they decide to divorce when they saw the problem in their marriages. If only they ran away, they will be alive today, they will have their eye sight today, they will not have been beaten black and blue today.
Even if she was hasty in her decissions, must you insult her? You do not know what any body was facing In their marriage. Learn to respect people and stop behaving as if You are perfect. Even if you dont think divorce is her best option, in your brain, do you think calling her a bedwetter made you sound like you meant well for her and seek for her to be happy in the end?

8 Likes

Re: Procedure For Divorce by austine4real(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You see yourself? You don call God. why the thing hard you to talk? cheesy
hw work na??
na satan i wan call
Re: Procedure For Divorce by austine4real(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2015
delishpot:

Yes! if it will save.my life and my peace of mind. I have heard and seen lots of cases where divorce would have made a lot of difference but the partners stuck to each other because of evil people like you, who would rather they drag out the womans/ mans corpse after being killed by a spouse at home because they were too concerned of what people like you will say should they decide to divorce when they saw the problem in their marriages. If only they ran away, they will be alive today, they will have their eye sight today, they will not have been beaten black and blue today.
And as she asked, it means you must insult her? You do not know what any body was facing In their marriage. Learn to respect people and stop behaving as if You are perfect. Even if you dont think divorce is her best option, in hour head, do you think calling her a bedwetter made you sound like you meant well for her?
i don hear u na
Re: Procedure For Divorce by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
My guess is; you really do not want a divorce. If you did, I'm sure you know just how to hire a Lawyer to take you through the process. smiley

And what is it with Nairalanders offering expired marital advice when someone has clearly stated she wants a divorce? Nairalanders; crying more than the bereaved since 1600BC undecided

3 Likes

Re: Procedure For Divorce by bukatyne(f): 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
Phema:
My guess is; you really do not want a divorce. If you did, I'm sure you know just how to hire a Lawyer to take you through the process. smiley

And what is it with Nairalanders offering expired marital advice when someone has clearly stated she wants a divorce? Nairalanders; crying more than the bereaved since 1600BC undecided

She opened a thread earlier and said they have gotten a resolution to their problems...

@ OP: Try separation first and see if the issues are still on ground before divorce
Re: Procedure For Divorce by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
bukatyne:

She opened a thread earlier and said they have gotten a resolution to their problems...

@ OP: Try separation first and see if the issues are still on ground before divorce

I guess the issues were not resolved afterall.

How are you these days?
Re: Procedure For Divorce by bukatyne(f): 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
Phema:

I guess the issues were not resolved afterall.

How are you these days?

Sad sad

Most advices were beg, wear green pant etc.

Those things never solve problems expect If that was the man's issues initially

Fine and you & little ones & big one

Something tells me you had twins tongue

Runs out of thread
Re: Procedure For Divorce by i1: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
you can call me on 08093779782.. meanwhile you just have to be patient.
Re: Procedure For Divorce by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
bukatyne:
Sad sad
Most advices were beg, wear green pant etc.

Those things never solve problems expect If that was the man's issues initially
Fine and you & little ones & big one

Something tells me you had twins tongue
Runs out of thread

You wish! God pass you na. grin

We are doing well dear. smiley
Re: Procedure For Divorce by michaelwestern(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
delishpot:

What exactly is your problem? Are you an agent sent from the devil to break up people's marraige? Or do you want her life to miserable like yours?

Issues of marital conflicts are meant to be delt with diplomatically, not for you to be advocating for divorce without knowing what the problem is.
Re: Procedure For Divorce by mutter(f): 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Have you consulted your parents, sought advice from your pastor, or someone mature.

Divorce is an option that should really be the last option and no matte how it goes, the price you pay for it is heavy.

It is also hard on the kid`s.

Please try a separation first - that is if you cannot cope any longer.
That will give your man a reason to reflect and fight for your love.

1 Like

Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 1:02am On Feb 10, 2015
michaelwestern:

What exactly is your problem? Are you an agent sent from the devil to break up people's marraige? Or do you want her life to miserable like yours?

Issues of marital conflicts are meant to be delt with diplomatically, not for you to be advocating for divorce without knowing what the problem is.

I change my mind. I forgive your evil tongu. Heavenly father, help me to ignore eviL words.
I have midified and will not get dirty by you or anyone else again.

2 Likes

Re: Procedure For Divorce by lilmax(m): 1:11am On Feb 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 1:12am On Feb 10, 2015
lilmax:
undecided

Why the face, he started it. He said my life was miserable, what is wrong if I wish him what he was wishing me?

michaelwestern:

Re: Procedure For Divorce by lilmax(m): 1:16am On Feb 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 1:20am On Feb 10, 2015
lilmax:
"let only death break you from this cycle " are you serious?

More than. It pisses me off when people just feel they can curse or insult anyone because they are online. Let him reap the curse he placed on me daily till he dies. I send back his curse to him in 1 million fold. If he doesnt find his harsh words to me as bad, then mine should not be bad too. He alone doesnt have.monopoly to pronounce sorrow and misery on someone.
Yes, do you know what that word means? Go google that word and see what it means. Then come back here and tell me if you like to be associated with it.
Re: Procedure For Divorce by lilmax(m): 1:23am On Feb 10, 2015
delishpot:

More than. It pisses me off when people just feel they can curse or insult anyone because they are online. Let him reap the curse he placed on me daily till he dies. I send back his curse to him in 1 million fold. If he doesnt find his harsh words to me as bad, then mine should not be bad too. He alone doesnt have.monopoly to pronounce sorrow and misery on someone.
so you take things online seriously? Hmmmm okay
Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 1:28am On Feb 10, 2015
lilmax:
so you take things online seriously? Hmmmm okay

Well, if things online cannot be taken seriously, then what I typed may also not be taken seriously.
At least you took mine seriously, why then dont I also have the right to take what he typed about me seriously too?
"Two can play that game"
I dont go about insulting people and I also dont welcome insults to my person. We all have evil toungues, we just may choose to not use them against any tom dick and harry simply because we dont agree with what they say. But it doesnt mean we cant use them at all.

Should call your life miserable too? Lets see if you will laugh it off.
Re: Procedure For Divorce by lilmax(m): 1:33am On Feb 10, 2015
delishpot:

Well, if things online cannot be taken seriously, then what I typed may also not be taken seriously.
At least you took mine seriously, why then dont I also have the right to take what he typed about me seriously too?
whatever floats your boat
Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 1:34am On Feb 10, 2015
lilmax:
whatever floats your boat

grin, ok, I get you, but that guy vex me sha. You just softened my heart nOw. I will modify.
Re: Procedure For Divorce by lilmax(m): 1:36am On Feb 10, 2015
delishpot:

Should call your life miserable too? Lets see if you will laugh it off.
it can't move me
Re: Procedure For Divorce by delishpot: 1:37am On Feb 10, 2015
lilmax:
it can't move me

Na you sabi. It moved me. And thats it. We are different dont lie. If I call you miserable, e go pain you for body.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brides To Be, This Is For You......married Too Pls Read. / How Can I Change My Surname Legally? / "I Only Married And Stays With You Because Of The Way You Bang Me" -says My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.