Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) (2027 Views)

Help!blog Design Needed For My Blog / Chris Kwekowe Pictured With Bill Gates As He Turns Down His Job Offer / Bloggers On Nairaland: Drop Your Blog's Title And Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is what I'm currently grappling with.
Please how do I remedy this.

I do not know the active webmasters in this section except that9javine, luigiajah, and nigerianvenom.

Please mention anyone else you think can help me tackle this.

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
I can tackle it. Contact me

Whatsapp 08039710459
pin:21CB6207
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Urine: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
This is what I'm currently grappling with.
Please how do I remedy this.

I do not know the active webmasters in this section except that9javine, luigiajah, and nigerianvenom.

Please mention anyone else you think can help me tackle this.

I know you understand a bit of HTML, open your template editor, back up your code. Once you are done with that let me know so we can move to the next step.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
Urine:

I know you understand a bit of HTML, open your template editor, back up your code. Once you are done with that let me know so we can move to the next step.

shocked shocked shocked

kiss kiss
Dayyuummm

I'll mention you as soon I'm in front of my PC.
I'm on my way home now.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
Urine:

Backup and download done smiley
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Urine: 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Backup and download done smiley

The home button in your nav bar works well? If yes check the code in your template editor and copy the link you see there.

Now go to the blog title still in the same template editor, you will see a link different from the one you just copied cancel that link and paste the one you copied there

Once you are done click the preview button to see if it works.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
Urine:

The home button in your nav bar works well? If yes check the code in your template editor and copy the link you see there.

Now go to the blog title still in the same template editor, you will see a link different from the one you just copied cancel that link and paste the one you copied there

Once you are done click the preview button to see if it works.

@The reddened embarassed
I can't seem to locate it.

I'm uploading screen shots.
Perhaps, you can help me pinpoint it's location.

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Urine: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

@The reddened embarassed
I can't seem to locate it.

I'm uploading screen shots.
Perhaps, you can help me pinpoint it's location.

Click "Edit Template" Press control F, a search box will show. You can search for Home/Blog title there and correct the link.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by luigiajah(m): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Mizmycoli, i wish i could see the screenshots clearly but my android got smashed yesterday. So i'm viewing from a small screen..
Back to the matter, i think your template has an error... Go to Template> Edit HTML.

If you are viewing from a pc.. Make sure your cursor is in the html box.. Press Ctrl+F [Control Key And F at the same time ] search for your blog title .. Oases if i'm not mistaken.it should be in this format <a href="http:// YOUR BLOG URL">OASES</a>.. If this isn't helpful.. I suggest you upload a new template.. I have a large library of templates.. If you need one just mention.. You can check the one on my blog
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Urine:

Click "Edit Template" Press control F, a search box will show. You can search for Home/Blog title there and correct the link.

cry sad embarassed
I sent you an email.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

Earnestly Anticipating.
Good Afternoon.
smiley
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Urine: 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

Earnestly Anticipating.
Good Afternoon.
smiley

Lmao @ "Anticipating". You made it sound like a movie, it might take time but I will still deliver like a midwife.

Keep calm, all is well.

1 Like

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by That9jaVine(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
Took my NL vacation. Just saw ur mention..is everything sorted out now? How come u didn't contact me on whatsapp? undecided
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by That9jaVine(m): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks for helping out @Urine

Funny username though

2 Likes

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 11:32am On Feb 16, 2015
That9jaVine:
Took my NL vacation. Just saw ur mention..is everything sorted out now? How come u didn't contact me on whatsapp? undecided

Oops!
I'm sorry.

I changed phones, plus it eluded my mind completely.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by kika23(f): 11:34am On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Oops!
I'm sorry.

I changed phones, plus it eluded my mind completely.

Mrcork is back!!
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2015
kika23:

Mrcork is back!!

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Yayyhhh
Leme Goan take a peep.

I'm holding my tummy already cos I'm sure I'd laugh myself silly!!!!
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by kika23(f): 11:39am On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

Yayyhhh
Leme Goan take a peep.

I'm holding my tummy already cos I'm sure I'd laugh myself silly!!!!
Loooool!!! True talk

1 Like

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by bedfordng(m): 11:46am On Feb 16, 2015
don't really get your problem.is it that when you click on the tittle on your blog, it does not take you to home page or what.is the tittle clickable.more over, you should get a template that is mobile responsive.your site is still showing desktop view on mobile.will also advice you get a domain name for your blog before it may be too late.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
bedfordng:
don't really get your problem.is it that when you click on the tittle on your blog, it does not take you to home page or what.is the tittle clickable.more over, you should get a template that is mobile responsive.your site is still showing desktop view on mobile.will also advice you get a domain name for your blog before it may be too late.

Okay, thanks.
Please how do I go about it?
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by bedfordng(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Okay, thanks.
Please how do I go about it?
ok, about what exactly
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
bedfordng:
ok, about what exactly

The domain name.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by bedfordng(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

The domain name.
that shouldn't be a problem if you are ready to get it.you have to coin a name you would want to use.will advice something short and easy to remember.your name is some how long.so you will have to find a way to shorten it to form a custom domain name which the next stage will be to search if it is available.to do this, make use of this site which you can use to check bulk domain availability.this way, you can type in the names you would like to search for if available in bulk line by line, and check if they are available.anyone that is available, you will see it, any that is not available, it will have a crossed line.so visit and type in the domain names you wish line by line and click the check button. Eg.

Myname1
myname2
myname3
myname4

etc, and click the check availability.no need ticking any other domain extension at the right hand side apart from the .com which is already ticked.

After checking, please do not mention the names here, some guys are sharp.

So visit www.domainhole.com/bulkcheck/

1 Like

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
bedfordng:
that shouldn't be a problem if you are ready to get it.you have to coin a name you would want to use.will advice something short and easy to remember.your name is some how long.so you will have to find a way to shorten it to form a custom domain name which the next stage will be to search if it is available.to do this, make use of this site which you can use to check bulk domain availability.this way, you can type in the names you would like to search for if available in bulk line by line, and check if they are available.anyone that is available, you will see it, any that is not available, it will have a crossed line.so visit and type in the domain names you wish line by line and click the check button. Eg.

Myname1
myname2
myname3
myname4

etc, and click the check availability.no need ticking any other domain extension at the right hand side apart from the .com which is already ticked.

After checking, please do not mention the names here, some guys are sharp.

So visit www.domainhole.com/bulkcheck/

I checked the site, it wrote not available on all four.
When I clicked on it, I was asked to register with godaddy and another website.

I checked with godady and I was told to get it for a specific amount.

My question now is, please how do I go about it, won't it disturb my ?
Please help.

cc: Tallesty1
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

I checked the site, it wrote not available on all four.
When I clicked on it, I was asked to register with godaddy and another website.

I checked with godady and I was told to get it for a specific amount.

My question now is, please how do I go about it, won't it disturb my ?
Please help.

cc: Tallesty1
As in redirecting your blog to the new custom domain?
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Tallesty1:
As in redirecting your blog to the new custom domain?

Yes.
Would I still be able to work from my blogger dashboard?
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes.
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes.
Sure, Get the domain and I will show you how I did mine.

I used godaddy.

Got the domain @ 0.99 usd.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by MizMyColi(f): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
Tallesty1:
Sure, Get the domain and I will show you how I did mine.

I used godaddy.

Got the domain @ 0.99 usd.

I typed mine and they said I should get it for 12.99 USD
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

lols

darn high. Few minutes pls, I'll brb
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

darn, few minutes pls.

Don't order yet.

I'll brb
Re: Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) by Tallesty1(m): 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Use any of these coupon.

Sigler99 (Try this one atleast twice before trying another one, first attempt always rebounds).

CSCRMN99U.

SAS149COM.

cc MizMyColi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks That Accept Google Adsense Earnings Through Savings Account? / .... / Drop Your Blog Now And Get Professional Assessment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.