Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... (2578 Views)

Five Things To Do When You Forget What You Have Read In An Exam Condition / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget / How To Retain What You've Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sorry, I'm a bookworm i.e I read a lot but despite, I'm always struggling with exams and results which is due to the fact that I easily forget stuffs I read. I just want to know if there is any possible solution to this. I'll be very grateful. Thanks.
Re: What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... by kent79: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Omo, u need God o. I mean serious prayers.
Re: What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... by Here2BustnScrew: 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
adenuga33:
Sorry, I'm a bookworm i.e I read a lot but despite, I'm always struggling with exams and results which is due to the fact that I easily forget stuffs I read. I just want to know if there is any possible solution to this. I'll be very grateful. Thanks.
ask GOD for retentive memory
stop reading start studying, I.e read give a break, then try to understand what you have read or reading. then u move on.
when studying you will also need to have dictionary to find out meaning of new words, u also kind of interact with yourself, read bit by bit and ask yourself question about what you have read.
try to breakdown or replace words with synonym and transform/rephrase paragraphs, defintions to simpler form for you to understand. I hope this helps you a little.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
You are reading not studying, if you study and put interest into what you are reading you'll understand. read for the sake of knowing and not for the sake of writing exam , get connected to what you are reading and create a mental image about it... Avoid any act of distraction and make sure you are comfortable when studying, don't force yourself, get an appropriate time which suites you best for studying, might be in the day, in the night or early in the morning,you don't need to read 6-7 hours to be a badass. read smart
Re: What To Do If You Easily Forget What You've Read... by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Here2BustnScrew:

ask GOD for retentive memory
stop reading start studying, I.e read give a break, then try to understand what you have read or reading. then u move on.
when studying you will also need to have dictionary to find out meaning of new words, u also kind of interact with yourself, read bit by bit and ask yourself question about what you have read.
try to breakdown or replace words with synonym and transform/rephrase paragraphs, defintions to simpler form for you to understand. I hope this helps you a little.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pluto No More A Planet / Nigerian Bags 'best Graduating Medical Student' from Texila American University. / Nicki Minaj Nude On Video Is A Debilitating Additionally Chronic Disease!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.