Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

#BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures (813 Views)

Ezekwesili Sitting On The Floor In Aso Rock As Police Stop #BringBackOurGirls / SHOCK As #bringbackourgirls Founder Gets A Pat On The Back From Buhari / See How This White Man Condemned #bringbackourgirls Hashtag On Twitter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
They are not nameless. They are real. Our ChibokGirls . NeverToBeForgotten

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
My Govt failed U #chibokGirls

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 29, 2015
PlanUK: One year. 200 Nigerian school girls still missing. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: #BringBackOurGirls

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 29, 2015
We lost gallant soldiers in fighting BH to rescue our Girls
Adieu

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
BBCWorld: Nigeria's outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan defends action on #BringBackOurGirls; believes they're "still alive" http://bbc.in/1IZoLAY"

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by PointB: 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Buhari, please bring back our girls! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
Always in my mind and hoping that they return home in one piece sad #BringBackOurGirls"

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by dunkem21(m): 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
I hope we won't have to do this on 14.04.16.

#BBOG
Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
I saw the news on CNN,never knew its a year today..

May God make them return safely.

#bringbackourgirls
Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
"TimMugerwa: Africa has no future when today's children&youth continue 2 be kidnapped&killed #BringBackOurGirls #AfricaForGarissa
Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
"TimMugerwa: Africa has no future when today's children&youth continue 2 be kidnapped&killed #BringBackOurGirls #AfricaForGarissa,,

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
Yomieluv:
I saw the news on CNN,never knew its a year today..

May God make them return safely.

#bringbackourgirls
Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Built2last: 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Time is the acid test for every value. Time prooves everything wrong or right.

After a critical analysis of the whole chibok situation, the analogy one can use to frame the situation of Bring back our girls campaign is more like a man who came home and saw his house flooded with water. Folded his sleeves and began to mop. The wise thing to do it would seem is not to mop first but to trace the origin of the water, turn it off first and then mop up the water. Till today, There has not been any news of 25 girls kidnapped from Konduga town in Borno state earlier before the Chibok girls were kidnapped.

Gnawed ominously at the soul of this nation is a history of abuse of power, abuse of human rights and absolute disregard for value of life by both government and citizens. All these have culminated into a monstrous problem that will require a deeper thought out strategy to combat it. We all had deep concern for the Chibok girls and their parents. Emotions and sympathy has been displayed on the streets of Nigeria, some with good will, others with politics and shared desire to ride on the wings of trend for fame. Indeed, When the campaign started there seemed to be an ocean of hope from most Nigerians that the girls cry and outstretched arms for help will be heard by our armed forces and have then rescued. While our armed forces were at it, The vampire and bestial deranged group (Boko Haram) have continued their evil schemes with overwhelming impacts. The hope for the rescue of all kidnapped Nigerians went dimmer as the clock ticks. If we must have a
profound result in holding the government to rise to their responsibilities, it must not be mixed with politics, hypocrisy and preference for Chibok. Any Nigerian declared missing or killed by Bokoharam is as important as that of mr president and should be valued so.

The hypocrisy of pursuing campaigning for Chibok and turning blind eyes to all other mayhem and kidnaps committed by bokoharam to some becomes absurd hence, smells to high heavens

On Chibok girls, We all went out with passion unabated speaking and demanding for the return of the girls but no fewer than 51 persons were killed and 25 teenage girls abducted in Konduga.( We kept quiet and focused on Chibok) Are they not girls with mourning parents and relations?
Are they not citizens of Nigeria? Deserving equal call for rescue.
Why did we keep quiet when 48 boys were reported massacred in a school in Mobi Adamawa state. (We kept quiet and focused on Chibok) We have also ignored the 20 women and girls that were reported missing at a nomadic settlement, Garkin Fulani, near Chibok town, Borno State, (We kept quiet and focused on Chibok) Sometime last year, almost 100 boys were abducted. (We kept quiet and focused on Chibok) 27 Police officers have been declared missing by the Police headquarters. We kept quiet.
While we re-echo calls for Chibok, we have neither shown profound sympathy nor even imagined the pains of the wives, children and the relations of those men kidnapped.
The circumstances surrounding the Chibok kidnap and the bring back our girls campaign leaves much to be questioned. One is left to conclude or wonder why Chibok girls alone got and is still getting all the attention and blanket awareness.

The scourge of terror has been pervading our nation and it would have been more fruitful if all energy on bring back our girls is channelled at ending terror. Should we arrest Abubakar shekau and his principal officers today, Every kidnapped person alive will be rescued.
Shouldn’t the campaign be more on arresting Shekau and ending terror? I have imagined what could be going on in the minds of the parents of the Konduga girls, The parents of the massacred boys in Mobi Federal college, The husbands of the kidnapped
Fulani women.
The Bring back our girls started with clean motives but the belligerence towards Government has not solved the problem of terror and will never solve it. i forsee this beligerence towards GMBs tenure coming soon. The question those continuing with the campaign should be honest enough to answer is;
Can any of them guaranty that if the over 200 girls return tomorrow morning that another 500 will not be abducted?
Reason being that Abubakar shekau is still having his tea party in Sambisa forest. What we have in our hands is a systemic problem requiring a holistic approach. I have also asked why the dead silence by northern first ladies and their governors who should lead and we follow. We live in a system where nobody can beat his chest and tell us categorically the number of girls missing. We do not have the number of unemployed youths in our country not to talk of analysing the problems they can create in the nearest future. It all seems like a circle of doom created by years of bad
leadership and gullible over dependent population. Don’t get me twisted, I desire the return of all kidnapped fellows and not just the CHIBOK girls.
above all, i desire that Abubakar shekau and his cohorts are nailed upside down
Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Kids calling 4 more action

Re: #BringBackOurGirls. story in pictures by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
@obyezeks: What an INSPIRING GENERATION! What great amazons STANDING for their Peers. What a bitter sweet moment we live in

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Planning “gbagbo Treatment” For Nigeria — Obasanjo / SOS: Obama's Agenda, Laurent Gbagbo & Nigeria's Future / Obj And The Paraphilic Infantilism Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.