Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? (1408 Views)

Does Anyone Know Itex Integrated Services In VI / Anybody Know How To Install Video Maker Fx? / Anybody Here Know How One Can Password/encrypt Sqlite Database in C++? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by cnjy: 1:15am On Feb 10, 2015
I am so frustrated with my final year project..this is literally the task I am asked to do
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by spikesC(m): 1:41am On Feb 10, 2015
Wow, which school and course is that
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by montydimkpa: 1:55am On Feb 10, 2015
You have to use time-series forecasting, since the stock-market fluctuations essentially behave as a time series depending on (daily, weekly, monthly or annual) seasonal trends (per industry or market/stock type). You should however be careful because sometimes rumors in the market can cause the time-series to behave unpredictably, rendering your projections useless. Inbox me for more info - cmdimkpa@gmail.com
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by spikesC(m): 5:39am On Feb 10, 2015
montydimkpa:
You have to use time-series forecasting, since the stock-market fluctuations essentially behave as a time series depending on (daily, weekly, monthly or annual) seasonal trends (per industry or market/stock type). You should however be careful because sometimes rumors in the market can cause the time-series to behave unpredictably, rendering your projections useless. Inbox me for more info - cmdimkpa@gmail.com

Gosh, can we please stop this inbox me for more 'obvious' info. It just kills the real reason of a 'forum'

Back to topic

There is absolutely no way you can build such system without manual influence of the prediction results.
Probably will work as the football betting systems work

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by Urine: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2015
cnjy:
I am so frustrated with my final year project..this is literally the task I am asked to do

You need to implement "Random Walk Hypothesis", that's a tough job, but it's not impossible.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by HCpaul(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2015
Just an idea
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by spikesC(m): 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

You need to implement "Random Walk Hypothesis", that's a tough job, but it's not impossible.

Tough job?
Randomly selecting numbers out of previous records?

Or am I missing something?
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by Urine: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2015
spikesC:

Tough job?
Randomly selecting numbers out of previous records?

Or am I missing something?

Bro, you have to realise some of us are not as smart as you.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by spikesC(m): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
Urine:

Bro, you have to realise some of us are not as smart as you.

Pls don't get me wrong, I was actually thinking I don't understand the Random Walk Hypothesis implementation.
So am trying to make you explain more (of the implementation )
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by Urine: 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
spikesC:

Pls don't get me wrong, I was actually thinking I don't understand the Random Walk Hypothesis implementation.
So am trying to make you explain more (of the implementation )

Lool. I was just joking, RW is the mathematical formalization of a process that consists of successive random steps. It's used to model stock prices in economics.
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by spikesC(m): 12:04am On Feb 11, 2015
Urine:

Lool. I was just joking, RW is the mathematical formalization of a process that consists of successive random steps. It's used to model stock prices in economics.

From the little research I did, it showed that the theory doesn't have a mathematical formula but rather implies that the output data can never be predicted but can only be a random value from the previous output values.

This implies that, if the OP can actually debate it with the lecturer, he would be allowed to develop a system that randomly selects a value from previous stock-market data which was fed into the system.

This randomness can certainly be mitigated by developing an algorithm that predicts the output by current market fluctuations (which stock is performing well), stock history value (how the stocks has been performing), previous time frame performance (how the stock performed in that particular time of every year) and other relational data. But then, it definitely won't be perfect cool
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by Urine: 9:49am On Feb 11, 2015
spikesC:

From the little research I did, it showed that the theory doesn't have a mathematical formula but rather implies that the output data can never be predicted but can only be a random value from the previous output values.

This implies that, if the OP can actually debate it with the lecturer, he would be allowed to develop a system that randomly selects a value from previous stock-market data which was fed into the system.

This randomness can certainly be mitigated by developing an algorithm that predicts the output by current market fluctuations (which stock is performing well), stock history value (how the stocks has been performing), previous time frame performance (how the stock performed in that particular time of every year) and other relational data. But then, it definitely won't be perfect cool

You see why I say it's a tough job. I like the way you presented your thoughts, people like you make me feel I still have a lot to learn. Well done!
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by spikesC(m): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2015
Urine:

You see why I say it's a tough job. I like the way you presented your thoughts, people like you make me feel I still have a lot to learn. Well done!

Pls don't flatter me oo, we all do have a lot to learn cool

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by lanrrydon: 3:37am On Feb 12, 2015
all yu need is A.P.I bro..nd more d app is already on windows mobile store ...
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2015
When I saw your post, I just concluded that u haven't done any serious Googling. There are tons of tutorials out there on the Internet on Stock Market Analysis.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by tefoko: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
@OP,i dont know if you are IT inclined or just an economics student as i would have suggested you used a machine learning algorithm to train your software in order to carry out future predictions(regression problem).If this is a bit out of your case study then you need not bother yourself about my suggestion and just find a suitable alternative.#my2naira
Re: Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? by ps3o(m): 12:11am On Feb 22, 2015
cnjy:
Without stress, you will need to contact Stock Brokers or Agents and inquire how they perfect their predictions. It is based on this analysis that you will now work upon. After drawing the Diagram chart or flow chart, you will now think of the programming language and the other materials you would need to build a robust technology on this.
IT broadens your scope of thinking and imagination.

(1) (Reply)

How To Insert Items Into Different Table / ICT Training Manual For Primary School And Secondary Schools / Frontend Devloper/designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.