Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? (31278 Views)

If You Played With This Then You Are Ajekpako!! Funny Pic / How Many Of You Played With This When You Were Kids ? / Raise Up Ur Hands If You Played With And Still Play With This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by kelobestline(m): 11:18am On Feb 10, 2015
"Wow" dis was one of my favorite game play, during d late 20th century.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Iyowuski: 11:18am On Feb 10, 2015
for my unit we call it okoso
'oboy come make we go play okoso na'
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by eminent007(m): 11:20am On Feb 10, 2015
how i want take forget?! grin :The

How about these?

If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and
wake up on the bed.
― If you didn't go 2 steal cashew and guava in the next street and the owner's dog comes through the backyard waiting for you to come down from the tree.
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when the lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b whiter
- If u neva heard of a ghost dat stays under mango trees @nights
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in your pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass and sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle
cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!
Oya choose which one u do.
Do you know its not jangilova epo motor? it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!! I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now.
I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria don't know that d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard
living".

6 Likes

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Burger01(m): 11:20am On Feb 10, 2015
Ishilove:

Lmao! cheesy

Oniyeye ni bobo yi sha cheesy cheesy

This was more of a boy's game so I was never really into it
You don forget as we go watch okoto dance from the plywood dinning table, dance land for carpet, roll and dance from top the stairs. Ishilove, we enjoy small jare cheesy
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Ishilove: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2015
Burger01:

You don forget as we go watch okoto dance from the plywood dinning table, dance land for carpet, roll and dance from top the stairs. Ishilove, we enjoy small jare cheesy
Yes I remember... I also remember you trying to play 'mummy and daddy' with me. I remember slapping you black and blue. cheesy
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by chronique(m): 11:25am On Feb 10, 2015
Yea,I did. We used to make it using that blue rubber on the big tiger head battery,and the cover of bic biro. Good old days.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Oiselenjakhian(m): 11:27am On Feb 10, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is http://trustondevcenary.com please visit my site and fill the contact form if you want a website.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by rocksteady419(m): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2015
And wen we dance under the moon our movement steady like "koso" wink- Tu face
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by OgologoDimkpa: 11:30am On Feb 10, 2015
eminent007:
how i want take forget?! grin :The

How about these?

If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and
wake up on the bed.
― If you didn't go 2 steal cashew and guava in the next street and the owner's dog comes through the backyard waiting for you to come down from the tree.
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when the lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b whiter
- If u neva heard of a ghost dat stays under mango trees @nights
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in your pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass and sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle
cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!
Oya choose which one u do.
Do you know its not jangilova epo motor? it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!! I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now.
I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria don't know that d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard
living".
smiley Nice one there
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2015
Yeah, I did. It's called okoso in my area, mehn! That stuff makes someone' hand swell... But it was fun.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Burger01(m): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2015
Ishilove:

Yes I remember... I also remember you trying to play 'mummy and daddy' with me. I remember slapping you black and blue. cheesy
cheesy angry
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 10, 2015
xreal:
oh yes, we make use of the rubber at the then big Tiger battery; and a biro lid.

it's beautiful when it spins.

You rock that toy! Reminds me good old days.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Iyowuski: 11:31am On Feb 10, 2015
the good old days when i don't hear things like GMB, APC ,GEJ ,PDP
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by VENTY0(f): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2015
Oyes I did........ Beautiful and fulfilled childhood
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Tovot: 11:33am On Feb 10, 2015
cheesy Yes I played with it, it spins alot, it sometimes came with sweets attached , but you'ld have to lick the sweets first before you could spin
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Isiterere(m): 11:33am On Feb 10, 2015
nostalgic feeling. it is called okoto in Yoruba. I was a master in it.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by dokunbam(m): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2015
cheesy
What!

OMG

Just remembered now
Yeah its okoto
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by olu77(m): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2015
Big4wig:
Sorry mods for dropping this here,move it to its specific destination

Once upon a time........
Those that are born in the 1980s and 1990s will remeber this!
Who have played with this and who remeberd this?

This is exactly what came to my mind when i saw the topic before I opened the thread. It's amazing how our minds function.

Yes i did play with this in the 80s. One aboki nearly stabbed my elder brother because of this back then in Kaduna
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Pennyways: 11:35am On Feb 10, 2015
ikoso
I know it, but couldn't play it better
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by kingDarius(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2015
OKOSO...na d name b dat.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by bukkylois(f): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2015
omg... I played with this stuff like crazy... my childhood was fun.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by olu77(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2015
crazysaint:
Lol..... I play with it seriously, sometimes my mum will get furious, she will collect me and burn, when she saw my teary eyes, and knows my happiness depend on that, she will give me a new battery and cover pen to do a new one smiley cheesy.

In our language we call it ntokoh.

My childhood was funfilled.

grin grin
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by sunnychuks(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2015
Old Memories!!!!!!!!!!!! It is called[b] Korosa[/b]
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by imoci(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2015
oh yea,i remeber the childhood days,i used to spin it on the front and back of my palm.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Adam212: 11:42am On Feb 10, 2015
OMG Good gosh.. Mehn this was one among the fulfilled days while growing up. still recall we use ROBB balm to put on the head, and biro (Bic) at the bottom.. we do call kocho back then. ooooooooooooo
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by lecturerdabo(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2015
Muzikluva:
till yu "heard" or "read"?

tnx dear

1 Like

Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by IGBOSON1: 11:44am On Feb 10, 2015
Dominiquez:
Koso

Nostalgia remembering when the world was still fresh.

^^^Was wondering if koso was actually the name again as i remember......peeps on here were calling it other things! undecided

I was never that good at spinning it, and i remember if your own spin goes awry you have to set the top of your hand for your friend to have a painful go on top of it! Had a friend then that really knew how to deliver the perfect punishment and i soon learnt to find a good excuse not to play whenever he asked! lipsrsealed
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by abdillahee(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2015
Yeah surely i've played with it before when we're kids, we called it ( kodi) in hausa language @ kaduna bye-pass kagoro, it's reminisce me of the past and some of our late brothers, nebour friends back in the early 90s.....
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by ProfOwah(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2015
I USED IT VERY WELL OOOOOOOOO
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by Penboy: 11:49am On Feb 10, 2015
Lolz.. They only modernized it jare.

Imagine? When we were using our thumbs to spin it nowadays children are using one spinning device like this.

Mtsheew.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by abdillahee(m): 11:51am On Feb 10, 2015
KODI in hausa I don't know it name in English language, Kodi was made up pen cover big or eleganzer top cover and a dead top Tiger battery the big one joint together... that's how it made of.
Re: Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? by stag: 11:52am On Feb 10, 2015
That thing endangered big tiger batteries grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Secret Things You Don't Know About Wall Gecko Spiritually. / "Cows Are Historic More Than Some Tribes In Nigeria" - Fulani Man Says. Photos / Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.