Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] (65146 Views)

Wizkid Has Been Nominated For A Grammy Award / Kevin Olusola: From Medicine To Grammy Award Winner / 26 Year Old Nigerian, Kelvin Olusola, Won A Grammy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Aida13: 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2015
Egbagirl:

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. Jokes aside, I'm done with this argument.

To you, he is Nigerian. Great! I'm happy for you.

To me, to the American government, to the Nigerian governemnt, he is American.

Btw, I did not insult you, I did not insult your father,and I did not insult your name. Learn motto take things too personal smiley

Na me even get time for all dis story sef. My playtime is over. Peace.

Thank goodness you said 'playtime'. You obviously escaped from your nursery and came to spout rubbish here. Please hurry back to your crib. Next time, I'll make you go to the naughty step if you get out of line again angry angry tongue tongue

Oh by the way---- does him being an American stop him in any way from also being a Nigerian? Because according to you, he can't be both. Smfhhhh

If only you could admit you were wrong, this can end amicably. But people like you would never do that. You're simply myopic and I can only do my best to straighten out your dumb notions.

Please feel free to NOT reply. I won't hold it against you.

As for your fake PEACE pls pocket it jare. Person like you no like peace but you will be saying it 100 times as if that makes it alright. Yeye

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by gorkypark(m): 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
It's KEVIN not Kelvin. #JustSaying
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by koolg: 11:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Preciousjoz:
Nigerians ehn, always claiming achievers that live abroad. funny thing is those guys may have never stepped there foot in Nigeria, they may not even know if Nigeria is a big ghetto like Western media paint her. well, as far as I'm concerned, this guy is an American.
modified: this reminds me of how some Kenyans were celebrating when Obama won the election. inferiority complex at its peak! let our home grown guys like 2face win and we go celebrate!

Clap for this poster, he deserves an award, he has said it allll

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by dkronicle(m): 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
Badbelle for wat, u just showd ur high level of stupidity now. So every dark skind man is frm west africa.. Infact u re a disgrace to ur country. Ur level of reasonin shows u dnt ask questions
Olufemiolaolu:
Are so daft dat u cant even read? Naa bad belle dey worry you.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by filebe777: 12:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Creamish:
@OP... Wat country was Sade Adu from when she won the Grammy award 4 times?

Sade has received four awards from nine nominations.

1986 Sade Best New Artist

1994 "No Ordinary Love" Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals Won

2002 Lovers Rock Best Pop Vocal Album Won

2011 "Soldier of Love" Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals Won
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Sade

Dat dude isn't the first... tongue

He is only elated n he didnt have time to do his research.probably young too to know some of the previous artist.
I get it....He is only celebrating the YORUBAS..there is nothing wrong with dat. ODUDUWA a gbe wa oooo.

*There are other 11 great artist of YORUBA dynasty that have gotten grammys before the new omo oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Egbagirl(f): 12:53am On Feb 11, 2015
Aida13:

Thank goodness you said 'playtime'. You obviously escaped from your nursery and came to spout rubbish here. Please hurry back to your crib. Next time, I'll make you go to the naughty step if you get out of line again angry angry tongue tongue

Oh by the way---- does him being an American stop him in any way from also being a Nigerian? Because according to you, he can't be both. Smfhhhh

If only you could admit you were wrong, this can end amicably. But people like you would never do that. You're simply myopic and I can only do my best to straighten out your dumb notions.

Please feel free to NOT reply. I won't hold it against you.

As for your fake PEACE pls pocket it jare. Person like you no like peace but you will be saying it 100 times as if that makes it alright. Yeye

Smh
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 12:59am On Feb 11, 2015
That's amazing! I love when our own do well! smiley
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by freeDR(m): 1:05am On Feb 11, 2015
alexlee50:
Poster get your facts right.The first nigerian to win a grammy was Sade Adu and that was in 1985.The other nigerian is seal.
Thanks for the correction. Mind you, Seal is Brazilian.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by amanikondo: 1:11am On Feb 11, 2015
endy4oxide:
nice but this is a group award......

we still hoping on our indigenous, naija born nd breed artist to bring home GRAMMY

We are waiting for 9ice. He promised us grammy.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 11, 2015
op has not heard of chamillonaire.

Chamillionaire was born to a father from Oyo State, Nigeria and an African-American mother in Washington D.C.

He won the 2007 Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group.

You have Sade and seal too., Seal was born Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel on 19
February 1963 in Paddington, London, England to a
Nigerian mother, Adebisi Ogundeji and a Brazilian father,
Francis Samuel.
Wale(rapper) is next in line.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Nobody: 2:43am On Feb 11, 2015
Where are those South African Township dwellers to see this when you need them? They're always talking about winning Grammy in their dreams! angry angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Jidefido(m): 4:15am On Feb 11, 2015
dkronicle:
There are blacks also in ameriaca. Who is d kelvin olusola in d pix ?

I am proud to say he is my cousin. His dad and my dad are blood brother. He wasn't born in Nigeria though
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Jidefido(m): 4:19am On Feb 11, 2015
Preciousjoz:
Nigerians ehn, always claiming achievers that live abroad. funny thing is those guys may have never stepped there foot in Nigeria, they may not even know if Nigeria is a big ghetto like Western media paint her. well, as far as I'm concerned, this guy is an American.
modified: this reminds me of how some Kenyans were celebrating when Obama won the election. inferiority complex at its peak! let our home grown guys like 2face win and we go celebrate!

He has been to Nigeria and wants to get married to a Nigerian if he sees though. Though born and bred in America, he loves Naija and he speaks Yoruba quite well
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by 9jatatafo(m): 4:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Congrats bro! More grease to your elbow. This is what we want to read about and hear. Not another Nigerian caught with sham marriage. #Proud of Olushola Kelvin
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by sundoj08(m): 4:41am On Feb 11, 2015
missdebs:
meanwhile, 9ce still hasnt gotten that grammy
lol so you actually took him serious when he said that ***t
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by sundoj08(m): 4:43am On Feb 11, 2015
Optional2:
Hmmm e b lyk say na here i go stop my space booking.

Congrat 2 him ooo
hmm diary of a lady who's repented from space booking
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by mamagee3(f): 5:58am On Feb 11, 2015
Good to know!!!

Congrats!!!
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Optional2(f): 6:06am On Feb 11, 2015
sundoj08:
hmm diary of a lady who's repented from space booking
who tell u say i don repent

abeg oooooo i neve repent
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Patented: 6:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Seal won a grammy for "Kiss froma rose" in d 90's he ws the 1st Nigerian.
olillywales:
The biggest annual music award, The Grammys in its 57th edition, went down on Sunday, February 9, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California and guess what a Nigerian went home with an award. Yes you heard right! A Nigerian won for the first time!

Nigerian, Kelvin Olusola, went home with the award for Best Arrangement, Instrumental Or Acapella.
kevin-olusola-57th-grammy-awards-premiere-4v8nzz5iefil

Kelvin picked up an award alongside his acapella band, Pentatonix taking home the award in the ‘Arrangement, Instrumental or acappella’ category for their medley ‘Daft Punk’, a remake of Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.

Here are few things you need to know about the record breaker, Kelvin Olusola:

Born in the United States to Nigerian father and Grenadian mother, Kelvin is a 26 year old beatboxer.

He is a graduate of prestigious IVY League college, Yale University from where he graduated in 2011 with a degree in East Asian Studies.

Kelvin is not just a musician, he’s super smart too. He also plays the cello, piano and saxophone.

He also speaks fluent Chinese & Spanish.

http://www.metroparrot.net/2015/02/photos-first-nigerian-to-win-grammy.html
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Preciousjoz:
God bless you!
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Shoutozone: 7:24am On Feb 11, 2015
dkronicle:
U re sick, if i tel u dencia is from west africa will u bliv it ? So every dark skind man is a nigerian.. Maybe u should apply yr 6sense to it.
I'll tell you what I told you the first time, 'use your brain'.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Franzeez(m): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2015
Everything is not politics abeg
ProsperUSA:
ok
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by tonexprod(m): 8:01am On Feb 11, 2015
Good for him. he won an award but isn't the first Nigeria to win grammy award.
where will you put sade adu who won grammy for 4 Times?
beside, this guy hasn't step to his country Nigeria.
To make it worse he speaks Chinese and Spanish fluently
not ordinary ekaro ojire in yoruba.
let hope for when born and breed up nigerian artist a real son of the soil like
2face,Dbanj,wizkid,YBNL and 9ice to win the grammy.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by tonexprod(m): 8:12am On Feb 11, 2015
wink
sundoj08:
lol so you actually took him serious when he said that ***t
pls don't doubt him bringing home the grammy oooo anything can happen.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Missmossy(f): 8:26am On Feb 11, 2015
I love reading stuffs like this grin nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by saxtinz(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2015
Which of all th Nigerians dialet can this guy sing with that u are applauding him a Nigerian?9ce the only true Nigerian who we look onto and keeps singing and working towards grammy has been eroded off d music path by political malady.heavyMoney not passion for what he's doing
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by ggrin(f): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2015
KingTom:
Why evils na grin
doyin grin
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by Psalmwise(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2015
olillywales:
The biggest annual music award, The Grammys in its 57th edition, went down on Sunday, February 9, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California and guess what a Nigerian went home with an award. Yes you heard right! A Nigerian won for the first time!

Nigerian, Kelvin Olusola, went home with the award for Best Arrangement, Instrumental Or Acapella.
kevin-olusola-57th-grammy-awards-premiere-4v8nzz5iefil

Kelvin picked up an award alongside his acapella band, Pentatonix taking home the award in the ‘Arrangement, Instrumental or acappella’ category for their medley ‘Daft Punk’, a remake of Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.

Here are few things you need to know about the record breaker, Kelvin Olusola:

Born in the United States to Nigerian father and Grenadian mother, Kelvin is a 26 year old beatboxer.

He is a graduate of prestigious IVY League college, Yale University from where he graduated in 2011 with a degree in East Asian Studies.

Kelvin is not just a musician, he’s super smart too. He also plays the cello, piano and saxophone.

He also speaks fluent Chinese & Spanish.

http://www.metroparrot.net/2015/02/photos-first-nigerian-to-win-grammy.html
this is a group award nah...,hin no fit carry am go im house...buh its somtin sha...,
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by 100Cents: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2015
I was watching these guys accapella during Christmas.

They were so so wonderful. All handsome.and beautiful.

They deserved 2 or 3 grammys.
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by pen2(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Creamish:

abi o, seal nko, kiss from the rose?
He's not the second sef
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by 100Cents: 9:09am On Feb 11, 2015
endy4oxide:
nice but this is a group award......

we still hoping on our indigenous, naija born nd breed artist to bring home GRAMMY

That is why D banj relocated to US.

Snapping selfies..
Re: Kelvin Olusola, Grammy Award First Nigerian Winner [Photo] by 100Cents: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2015
Creamish:

Nah fight ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Addresses The Illuminati Story / Monalisa Chinda In See-through Dress To Church, Fans Slam Her [PICS] / Falz To CNN: I Am Not Afraid To Die, Buhari’s Promise Frustrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.