Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

God Created His Own Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Created His Own Life (1659 Views)

Why Do Christians Hate Homosexuals If God Created Them That Way / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Created His Own Life by undercat: 11:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
Maybe you've come across an argument between theist vs atheist about the origin of life. Once the atheist says life came from non life, the theist asks him to explain how.

For the theist, the only correct answer is that God created life.

I invite theists to explain what they mean when they say God created life, given that God also has life.
Re: God Created His Own Life by Cutehector(m): 12:07am On Feb 11, 2015
In d lord's words, I am d way, the truth and d life... He is life in himself. He ddnt create life, he is life.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2015
Cutehector:
In d lord's words, I am d way, the truth and d life... He is life in himself. He ddnt create life, he is life.

To whom do we owe the creation of life then?
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
undercat:

To sex
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2015
Jameselias:
To sex

Haha. Who did who/itself?
Re: God Created His Own Life by johnydon22(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hydrogen when given enough time in a favourable condition can/will turn into a single celled organism... and thats where the evolutionary trend began...

Can we not go through this again?
Re: God Created His Own Life by Cutehector(m): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
undercat:

in him we move, live and have our being.
Re: God Created His Own Life by johnydon22(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
This is what the universe is made of, countless stars burning on hydrogen.
The universe is still expanding (formation process) Their is high chance that it may have not even reached half of its potential yet.

Stars are the birth parents of planets and moons which are the birth parents of life...

What made you think we are different from all you see?

We are all part of one whole (The universe)
We are all from the same stuff...!!!

Think about it..

Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
undercat:

Haha. Who did who/itself?
not sex as u know it. It's the fusion of nagetive and posetive that is sex. There is noting in creation that is not tied to this phenomena, both in element and otherwise, the so called God encompassing this two qualities(hemaphrodite - eg: the sun. ) there for is able to generate life within it's own self and to give life.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Hydrogen when given enough time in a favourable condition can/will turn into a single celled organism... and thats where the evolutionary trend began...

How much time?

What constitutes favourable conditions?

What are the characteristics of the single celled organism?

Etc, etc?

I thought scientists were still speculating about how life came about.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
Cutehector:

Are we talking about the same thing?
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
Jameselias:
not sex as u know it. It's the fusion of nagetive and posetive that is sex. There is noting in creation that is not tied to this phenomena, both in element and otherwise, the so called God encompassing this two qualities(hemaphrodite - eg: the sun. ) there for is able to generate life within it's own self and to give life.

I know you're not going to tell me that it was dead before it generated life within itself.
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
Cutehector:
boy we are not here for primitive talk, in that case then we (including the so called gods) move, live and have our being in earth. Earth in universe, universe in space. Final full stop.
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
undercat:

I know you're not going to tell me that it was dead before it generated life within itself.
dead is a wrong term broda!.nothing is ever dead for all revolve within the cycle of space and creation includind the so called gods .for that which is, has ever been, and shall ever be, apperance(for grasses etc, birth for mammals) growth or development, and devolution/desolution(death) and reaperance in newer form or state, such is the cycle of things nothing dies that which is not can not be, and that which is, has ever been and shall ever be, iresspective of form. Understand this broda! and u have the keys to eternity (formless)
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 11:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
Jameselias:
dead is a wrong term broda!.nothing is ever dead for all revolve within the cycle of space and creation includind the so called gods .for that which is, has ever been, and shall ever be, apperance(for grasses etc, birth for mammals) growth or development, and devolution/desolution(death) and reaperance in newer form or state, such is the cycle of things nothing dies that which is not can not be, and that which is, has ever been and shall ever be, iresspective of form. Understand this broda! and u have the keys to eternity (formless)

Do you mean that everything is alive, and that being alive is simply the natural state of affairs for everything?
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 9:27am On Feb 12, 2015
undercat:

Do you mean that everything is alive, and that being alive is simply the natural state of affairs for everything?
seeing that all(animate and inanimate) is matter,atom, and energy what then is life? do not be afraid of ur own conclution broda! Reason it out ur self. All is one. The one is all.
Re: God Created His Own Life by johnydon22(m): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2015
Jameselias:
seeing that all(animate and inanimate) is matter,atom, and energy what then is life? do not be afraid of ur own conclution broda! Reason it out ur self. All is one. The one is all.

That was exactly my point... we are all part of one huge universe
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Jameselias:

Okay. How would you define life?
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
johnydon22:

That was exactly my point... we are all part of one huge universe

I think your point was that some things in the universe are alive and some things are not. Jameselias is saying that everything is alive.
Re: God Created His Own Life by johnydon22(m): 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
undercat:

I think your point was that some things in the universe are alive and some things are not. Jameselias is saying that everything is alive.

No my point is we are all part of the same whole (universe)... read it again..

johnydon22:
This is what the universe is made of, countless stars burning on hydrogen.
The universe is still expanding (formation process) Their is high chance that it may have not even reached half of its potential yet.

Stars are the birth parents of planets and moons which are the birth parents of life...

What made you think we are different from all you see?

We are all part of one whole (The universe)
We are all from the same stuff...!!!

Think about it..
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
johnydon22:

No my point is we are all part of the same whole (universe)... read it again..

This is rather obvious. I don't think that there is anything for us to be part of other than the universe.

Here is the post I was referring to:

johnydon22:
Re: God Created His Own Life by lastmessenger: 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
[quote author=johnydon22 post=30630984]Hydrogen when given enough time in a favourable condition can/will turn into a single celled organism... and thats where the evolutionary trend began...

Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
undercat:

after reading all that i have posted in this thread do u still have to ask this? Afterall the earth has been termed the living planet and not half dead half alive,
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
undercat:

after reading all that i have posted in this thread do u still have to ask this? Afterall the earth has been termed the living planet and not half dead half alive, as science think.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
Jameselias:
after reading all that i have posted in this thread do u still have to ask this? Afterall the earth has been termed the living planet and not half dead half alive, as science think.

What I mean is: what makes you say a thing is alive?

You said everything in the universe has life, if I'm not mistaken. If this is literally true, it means that after you die, the corpse will somehow still be alive, no matter the state of decomposition. This seems absurd. So, I'd like to know what you refer to when you say "life".

I think the earth is called living planet because of the animal/plant life on it.
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
Jameselias:
undercat:

You said everything in the universe has life, if I'm not mistaken. If this is literally true, it means that after you die, the corpse will somehow still be alive, no matter the state of decomposition. This seems absurd. So, I'd like to know what you refer to when you say "life".

I think the earth is called living planet because of the animal/plant life on it.
humans only used that word(life) to describe their own ideas, there for it is not an absolute term,i hope u got what i mean?stop using the term dead unless properly defined, i refer u to my posts once more. Be enlightened, thanks.
Jameselias:
undercat:

humans only used that word(life) to describe their own ideas, there for it is not an absolute term,i hope u got what i mean?stop using the term dead unless properly defined, i refer u to my posts once more. Be enlightened, thanks.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 7:34am On Feb 13, 2015
Jameselias:

Look at it this way: how are you certain that there is life in a rock, or in a car, or in a photon? What do you look for to make the call that a rock has life?
Re: God Created His Own Life by ooman(m): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2015
Anything that has life is life. Life is an inherent property of anything that lives.

If all life must come from a previous life, it makes sense to ask who gave god life. Else I can also assume no one gave other living things life.
Re: God Created His Own Life by Jameselias: 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
undercat:

Look at it this way: how are you certain that there is life in a rock, or in a car, or in a photon? What do you look for to make the call that a rock has life?
forget car's let's stick to natural things pls, now back to ur question: how are you certain that there is life in a rock, Look at it this way, the so called characteristics of a living thing are acqtually human ideas used to show or define their understanding of things as it were, and as we know, that human ideas, knowledge, and understanding, of any thing in creation is highly,highly, incompetent and insufficient, grossly limited, there for we can not base our believe of what is alive or not, in or on this highly,highly, incompetent and insufficient, grossly limited, knowledge of ours, esp: human science, atleast not at this level of our evolution, remenber not all the so called living things today were accepted as so, at the same time, some were added later as more discoveries were made, more knowledge gained, and enlightenment dawned and so shall it continue.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
You're assuming that everything is alive just because man doesn't know all there is to know. I don't really see the connection, but no wahala.
Re: God Created His Own Life by undercat: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
ooman:
Anything that has life is life. Life is an inherent property of anything that lives.

If all life must come from a previous life, it makes sense to ask who gave god life. Else I can also assume no one gave other living things life.

Exactly. A theist tends to want to know the specifics of how life came about, unless you say it's God's doing. Then they don't care about the specifics.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/15 / Logical Fallacies Employed In Trinitarian Theology 3 / The Holy Spirit Came And I Spoke In Tongues How Do I Keep Him Always With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.