Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos (2235 Views)

Learn VB.NET And C# Without Stress. / Who Can Help With Writing An Encryption Algorithm? How Soon Can One Learn How To / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by andor(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2006
sad
PALS, PLS WHERE CAN ONE LEARN VB.NET VERY FAST AND CHEAP HERE IN LAGOS.
CHEERS!
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by parosky(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2006
@andor
Let me save you having to wait for response to your thread.
The cheapest  place (probably will be free) is at your computer.
Get and install at least the vb2005 Express edition (it's free) from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/install/

Get free ebooks scattered all over the internet and read. Try http://www.xpressionsz.com/archives/category/programming/page/1/

You probably can ask someone to give you a  computer for free( or lend you)

Get yourself some free time. Mandatory.

Post problems and questions on nairaland forum for answers (No charges yet)

Make friends with someone who knows better than you are (and poke him for ideas).

How freer can it get? Definitely cheaper than you thought!

Unfortunately there may be no fast way as you'll forever be learning new things. Microsoft may bring another "groundbreaking" technology  in 2 years, you'll have to join the train. VB is the only language that can set you on your programming feet in shortest time possible. Arguably?
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by donvic2006: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2006
andor,
parosky is right. That was how I learnt it 4 years ago. However, some people need more motivation than that. That is where a teacher comes in. If you must have a teacher in Lagos, contact me donvic_2006@yahoo.com
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by Bossman(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2006
There is nothing like learning a programming language fast. If you really want to master it and be very good at it, and be able to make money doing it, it will not be fast. It's going to take a lot of time and dedication. So, as others have said, take your time, get it installed on your PC first, get free books online, learn as much as you can, and take it from there.
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by sbucareer(f): 1:46am On Sep 01, 2006

Learn all the objects in VB, that should be your first priority. Get a piece of paper, probably should be your logbook.

Write down all the objects (components) and there usage. In .Net it is called the control. In Java it is called API.

A typical example would be Label. Label is an object that encapsulate other important elements like:

Text

These are just few elements that a Label object encapsulate. Do your learning by providing the remaining elements of Label and other components or controls. Also, write down their usage and make sure all these goes into your logbook.

Example of Logbook

Learning VB 2006

Date : today's date
Purpose: learning controls (Or any other thing)

Objective:
Controls are blaah blaah baa, 
Define a control i.e Label

Elements of Label
1. text
2. Location
3. Size
4. etc

Usage

Dim screen As New Label()

screen.text = "Nairaland thank you very much for teaching me VB"
screen.location = New Point(135, 67)
screen.size = New Size(36, 20)

These are just few usage of Labels. There are probably thousands of objects/controls in VB, in Java we have almost 3 million. As good as you think I am in Java, I only know about say 100 objects/control and how to use them without referring to books.

I refer to book when I am doing something new and after that the object stays in my memory.

Like you have been adviced earlier, you need to keep learning no teacher can teach you better than yourself. Get a computer, very important and install Vb .NET

It is like learning to drive a car without owning one. You get someone to use their car, after the lesson your are left wondering in your head at home how I could have made a brilliant manoeuvre. But if you'd your car, you could have tried it straight away.

Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by sbucareer(f): 1:56am On Sep 01, 2006

As soon as you start getting the idea, you'd seen straight away that programming is very interesting and rewording.

The first task to do when you have learn and understand some useful controls. Design a GUI and task the application to render a question based on the radio button selected i.e

You can use football as it would involve importing image. Ask a question like select any radio button to reveal the player.

Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by andor(m): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2006
pal, u too much i ve embraced ur sugestions wholeheartedly, i will fix my system dat broke down for some time now and get myself on the move following all the steps u layed down for me and i hope anytime i run into trouble wit my personal tutorial u wll still be thr to assist?
THANKS
Good bless U
Andor grin
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by andor(m): 12:09pm On Sep 01, 2006
men! u are wonderful, thnks for ur advise and suggestions i will do my best according to all u said. And i hope any time i run into any stress u will still be thr to put me tru?
God bless u.
thnaks
andor
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by parosky(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2006
@andor
Get yourself on the move. Once you installed VB.NET (VB2005 better) let's know and tell us what you know so far so that. You'll see the extent people will go here to teach you.
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by ANDSTEL(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2006
@parosky,
Pls i ve installed de vb2005 but when i tried to download some ebooks based on the xpressionsz site u gave to me it wasnt possible and now i need some free book on how to learn VB.net. pls i will be glad if anybody can help on dat . thnx
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by parosky(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2006
@ANDSTEL

What's your email address, I'll send you a book good for a ?beginner. It is a .rar file and you'll need powerarchiver  http://www.powerarchiver.com/download/ or 7zip   http://www.7-zip.org/download.html  or any other archiver to open it.

Mean while you may read something about .Net framework at 
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-20424.0.html
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by ANDSTEL(m): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2006
@parosky,
thnx for ur concern . my e-mail address is : santuando@yahoo.com
God bless as u do.
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by parosky(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2006
@ANDSTEL
Sorry for the delay Had a rough time attaching the stuff. My internet connection has been miserable lately, but I got it through eventually. The book is one of my favourite, it is a .rar archhive file so get winrar, powerarchiver or 7-zip to uncompress it. If anything is not clear, post it here for help.
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by kelewax(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2006
@parosky
Please I also have installed visualstudio 2003, I have a little knowledge of vb6. I would like to learn vbDotNet. Please kindly send me the ?Beginers ebook. My email address is ahmadumohd@gmail.com
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by parosky(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2006
@kelewax
gmail will not deliver an attachment up to 5.74 Mb, provide a yahoo email
VB2003 is OK but VB2005 is better as the difference is considerable. So you won't need to start thinking of moving later on (soon).
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by obawale(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2006
Dear parosky
kindly send into my mail box the beginner text book on vb.net. my e-mail address is adewalethomas@yahoo.com

thank u so much
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by PHOLA(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2006
Dear Parosky,
I'm equally interested in the VB for beginners.
May God bless and make easy the paths to your dreams and goals.
May address is : jinksay@yahoo.com
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by parosky(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2006
@PHOLA, obawale,kelewax
Sorry guys for the delay. The book is one of my favourite and is not really for beginners. It is in your mail by now(kelewax, I'm not too sure, gmail may bounce it) Let me know if you got it. If you have a visual studio you'll get the most benefit from this. If you really want something "stupidly simple" for the beginner let me know, but I doubt if you will really see the beauty of vb2005 and .NET framework in their full splendour in this.

If you need an open source studio for .net 2005 check www.sharpdevelop.com
It is free and a good alternative to microsoft visual studio which may not be free (except the express edition or you get your stuff from ?Ikeja) It supports VB.net and C#,
Re: Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos by avosoft: 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2011
i can help you if you have team-viewer installed

(1) (Reply)

Help With C# Code / Please download and review my Practical Mathematics App / Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.