Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! (2146 Views)

Pls Programmers Help With Similarities Of Pseudocode & Algorithm / Programmers Help! My Final Project / Need Programmers Help Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
master programmers well i download a pdf of java to learn java after i have installed jdk8 and eclipse.........my problem is that the eclipse ide does not open it anytime i try to open it always showes the eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared libaray.. pls what should i do masters programmers sad
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Craigston: 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
You're having a problem of missing files needed by the application. I believe you downloaded Eclipse IDE as a .zip archive, unzipped it and copied the files to your system. Maybe you didn't copy all the files (they're important--all of them). Maybe you copied only the executable file? Just copy the original .zip archive to your computer, extract it into a separate folder and leave it that way (you may delete the .zip archive when you're done) and create a shortcut to the Eclipse executable file.

1 Like

Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
I'm not 100% sure of your woes, because I have not messed around with Eclipse IDE much for Java. I will soon though just currently don't have time.

But check this out,

http://web.stanford.edu/class/cs106a/lecture-videos.shtml
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Craigston:
You're having a problem of missing files needed by the application. I believe you downloaded Eclipse IDE as a .zip archive, unzipped it and copied the files to your system. Maybe you didn't copy all the files (they're important--all of them). Maybe you copied only the executable file? Just copy the original .zip archive to your computer, extract it into a separate folder and leave it that way (you may delete the .zip archive when you're done) and create a shortcut to the Eclipse executable file.

Thanks Craigston, I'll allow you to handle this.
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Craigston: 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fulaman198:

Thanks Craigston, I'll allow you to handle this.
Thanks too. It seems it's not a Java problem. I've had this problem before.
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Usually it's because your Eclipse IDE cannot find JAVAHOME environment variable in your environment variables if you did what Craigston suggested and the problem persist.

Right click on 'Computer' after clicking on the ' Start menu icon'. Click on Manage. Click on Environment Variables from the corresponding popup. Edit the environment variable and append a semi colon ';' without the quotes followed by the path to the jdk8 and jre8 folder. Note that as of Java8, jre comes bundled with java, so need to download it except for older versions.

That's it and it should work perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Adesege:
Usually it's because your Eclipse IDE cannot find JAVAHOME environment variable in your environment variables if you did what Craigston suggested and the problem persist.

Right click on 'Computer' after clicking on the ' Start menu icon'. Click on Manage. Click on Environment Variables from the corresponding popup. Edit the environment variable and append a semi colon ';' without the quotes followed by the path to the jdk8 and jre8 folder. Note that as of Java8, jre comes bundled with java, so need to download it except for older versions.

That's it and it should work perfectly.

Explain well because his own failed . How do I do it
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2015
Hey sup, been busy. Will reply you as soon as possible.
chiemmaxy2:

Explain well because his own failed . How do I do it
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 11:39am On Jun 05, 2015
Oops! I wasn't with my system when i posted my initial reply. Just realized clicking on Manage will take you to some advanced system setup.

I hope you understand this better.

Right click on the 'Computer' icon either from your desktop or from start menu. Click on properties. From the corresponding popup click on 'Advanced System Settings' and allow access as an administrator. Usually, the 'Advanced' tab will be on display by default. If not click on 'Advanced'. Scroll to the last button and click on 'Environment Variables'. From the corresponding dialog, the section is devided into two; 'User Variables for {system_name}' and 'System Variables'. Where {system_name} is the name of your PC or maybe user. We are only concerned with System variables.

Look for the 'path' variable. Double click on it. From the corresponding dialog, you will see two form inputs; variable name and variable value.

Note that we are to append to the variable value. That's, move your cursor to the last part of the text. Type a semi colon ';' then followed by the path to your jdk bin folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin. In my case 1.8.0_45 is the version number. It may differ in your case though i use Java 8 also.

Like i earlier stated, Java 8 comes bundled with JRE. We need to also provide the path in our system variable before Eclipse can function.

After you must have appended the jdk bin path to our system variable, we must follow it by another semi colon ';' then the path to our JRE bin folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin. In my case 1.8.0_45 is the version number. It may differ in your case though i use Java 8 also.

Click on OK, then restart your Eclipse IDE. It's not neccessary to restart your system but you may wish to.

Basically, what you'll append will look like

;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin

Please take note of the semi colon before the initial path.

Let me know if you have any problem with it.
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
Adesege:
Oops! I wasn't with my system when i posted my initial reply. Just realized clicking on Manage will take you to some advanced system setup.

I hope you understand this better.

Right click on the 'Computer' icon either from your desktop or from start menu. Click on properties. From the corresponding popup click on 'Advanced System Settings' and allow access as an administrator. Usually, the 'Advanced' tab will be on display by default. If not click on 'Advanced'. Scroll to the last button and click on 'Environment Variables'. From the corresponding dialog, the section is devided into two; 'User Variables for {system_name}' and 'System Variables'. Where {system_name} is the name of your PC or maybe user. We are only concerned with System variables.

Look for the 'path' variable. Double click on it. From the corresponding dialog, you will see two form inputs; variable name and variable value.

Note that we are to append to the variable value. That's, move your cursor to the last part of the text. Type a semi colon ';' then followed by the path to your jdk bin folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin. In my case 1.8.0_45 is the version number. It may differ in your case though i use Java 8 also.

Like i earlier stated, Java 8 comes bundled with JRE. We need to also provide the path in our system variable before Eclipse can function.

After you must have appended the jdk bin path to our system variable, we must follow it by another semi colon ';' then the path to our JRE bin folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin. In my case 1.8.0_45 is the version number. It may differ in your case though i use Java 8 also.

Click on OK, then restart your Eclipse IDE. It's not neccessary to restart your system but you may wish to.

Basically, what you'll append will look like

;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin

Please take note of the semi colon before the initial path.

Let me know if you have any problem with it.

Yep I did as u advised now it develop anoda problem that no java virtual machine in my path

I have edited and edited and keep editing even change location of java but eclipse still tell me dy same thing dat no virtual machine found
What do u think its d problem
Thanks
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
Like this no java virtual machine found after seaching c:/proramfiles/jre/bin/javaw.exe
The slash it d oda way round as u advised . Am just using phone
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
That means your jre path is not valid.

JRE contains the java virtual machine. Did you append a semi colon before the jre path?

chiemmaxy2:

Yep I did as u advised now it develop anoda problem that no java virtual machine in my path

I have edited and edited and keep editing even change location of java but eclipse still tell me dy same thing dat no virtual machine found
What do u think its d problem
Thanks
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
Are you on windows 7 and 32 bit?

chiemmaxy2:
Like this no java virtual machine found after seaching c:/proramfiles/jre/bin/javaw.exe
The slash it d oda way round as u advised . Am just using phone
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yep I am on window7 and 32 bit
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
Adesege:
Are you on windows 7 and 32 bit?

Yep I am on window7 and forgive me 64 bit not 32
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
If that be the case, open file explorer, navigate to Program Files in your C drive. Look for Java folder.

Tell me the name of the folder(s) there. Is it one or more?

chiemmaxy2:

Yep I am on window7 and 32 bit
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
If you are on 64 bit. Follow the above step but if you didn't find the Java folder there. Go to Program Files (x86) in your C drive and look for Java folder. If it's there, open it and tell me the name of the folder(s) there.
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Adesege:
If that be the case, open file explorer, navigate to Program Files in your C drive. Look for Java folder.

Tell me the name of the folder(s) there. Is it one or more?

Jdk1.8.0_ 45
Jre6.0_01
Jre8.0_45
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
Yep done I am on 64 bit forgive d double message
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
chiemmaxy2:
3 Jdk1.8.0_ 45 Jre6.0_01 Jre8.0_45
Pls help me
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
That's where you got the error.

In your 'path' variable in your Environment Variables, change the bin path to JRE1.8.0_45 to the one in your system.

For error proof, navigate to jre8.0_45/bin. Remember, you must be in the bin folder of the jre8.0_45 folder.

Now go to the top, usually the address bar of your file explorer, you will see the absolute path to the bin folder. Copy it and go to your environment variables, replace the former (jre1.8.0_45) with the one you copy. Not just the version but the full path.

Hope it helps.

chiemmaxy2:

Jdk1.8.0_ 45
Jre6.0_01
Jre8.0_45
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
Adesege:
That's where you got the error.

In your 'path' variable in your Environment Variables, change the bin path to JRE1.8.0_45 to the one in your system.

For error proof, navigate to jre8.0_45/bin. Remember, you must be in the bin folder of the jre8.0_45 folder.

Now go to the top, usually the address bar of your file explorer, you will see the absolute path to the bin folder. Copy it and go to your environment variables, replace the former (jre1.8.0_45) with the one you copy. Not just the version but the full path.

Hope it helps.

Yea do u know what I think I think dat dat ma jre its incomplete because I check d jre of 6 I caan see a lot of stuffs but in my jr8 only client
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
Thanks for ur help am grateful
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
You should know that Java is consistent. You cant use older versions with newer versions. Hope it works now?

chiemmaxy2:

Yea do u know what I think I think dat dat ma jre its incomplete because I check d jre of 6 I caan see a lot of stuffs but in my jr8 only client
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
Don't mention. It's my pleasure.
chiemmaxy2:
Thanks for ur help am grateful
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Adesege:
Don't mention. It's my pleasure.
Its netbean a good alternative what do u think hope I wouldn't encouter problems
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
The two IDE's are different.

From my knowledge, Netbean comes bundled with Swing while Eclipse by default uses SWT. So it depends on what you want and need. Though, you can install SWT as a pluging into Netbean and Swing into Eclipse. I've not tried Netbeans anyway
chiemmaxy2:

Its netbean a good alternative what do u think hope I wouldn't encouter problems
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Craigston: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Netbeans allows you to point to your jdk during installation: it'll save you some stress there. I like the two IDEs.
PS: has anyone tried Visual Studio? I'm thinking of that.
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 12:30am On Jun 06, 2015
Craigston:
Netbeans allows you to point to your jdk during installation: it'll save you some stress there. I like the two IDEs.
Does visiual studio runs java codes??
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Adesege(m): 2:37am On Jun 06, 2015
+1 there.

Netbeans developers are what i call the Adobe Inc in the making. Why i said that is cos of their well structured interface, easy accessiblity and how intuitive the IDE is. Though in every aspect, their PHP Editor is next to nothing beside a Dreamweaver CC but i think their Java IDE will or maybe should be superior to Eclipse IDE.

Craigston:
Re: Programmers help me With This Problem Pls !!!!!!!!!!! by Craigston: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2015
chiemmaxy2:

Does visiual studio runs java codes??
I've not seen Java in visual studio. It runs c++, c#, javascript and some other languages.
Adesege:
+1 there.

Netbeans developers are what i call the Adobe Inc in the making. Why i said that is cos of their well structured interface, easy accessiblity and how intuitive the IDE is. Though in every aspect, their PHP Editor is next to nothing beside a Dreamweaver CC but i think their Java IDE will or maybe should be superior to Eclipse IDE.

Netbeans is yet to get it right with PHP. I hope they do so.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Sycon Technology The Programmer! / Flutterwave Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate / Java Or .NET Guru Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.