Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji (2870 Views)

Don Jazzy Replies Peter Okoye On Sponsoring His Wedding With Linda Ikeji / Laura Ikeji & Ogbonna Kanu With Linda Ikeji & Her Siblings At Their Wedding / Dele Momodu Playing Tennis With Linda Ikeji (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
Everyone knows Linda to be the foremost blogger in Nigeria, perhaps in the whole of West Africa. She has elevated herself from a mere blogger to a multimillionaire blogger, an inspiration to many and a model for young independent seeking ladies and guys. She’s a gem to the nation and she is my mentor.

As the saying goes nobody is perfect, we all have a comma, somewhere sha…… Lets look at some factors that I know is wrong with her brand.

LACK OF CREATIVITY
I have been an ardent LIB reader for quite sometime and I have realized that most of her posts lack creative contents and depth. Although its very common for many Nigerians to embrace and celebrate mediocrity. But doing a dot com(.com) business is not restricted to Nigerians alone, its a global affair.

When you compare LIB to other global blogs like TMZ, MASHABLE, HUFFINGTON POST, PEREZHILTON etc, then you will understand the need for creativity and innovation. Linda has been blogging for almost 10 years there’s an urgent need for creativity and innovation.
One of the reasons she’s been persistent in the blogging scene is mainly because of the prosaic and unimaginative mastery of most bloggers we have in Nigeria. Theres no room for competition since everyone else lacks innovation.

POOR MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Not everyone is business oriented ,thats the truth. But if you are not and you have made hundreds of millions over the years, nothing stops you from employing the best minds to elevate your brand professionally. Its not all about making all the money, Its more about having a proficient system that can run with or without your presence and input.
LIB was shutdown last year due to some guy I don’t wanna talk about. Her entire business was threatened and I am sure she must have had sleepless nights…..But thank God we are seeing a more organized management and I hope it becomes extensive.

COPY AND PASTE SYNDROME
This is very common amongst most Nigerian bloggers. If you don’t copy and paste in Nigeria you haven’t started blogging. This is a mockery to writing as a profession. This act is what I call sheer intellectual indolence. Anyone could just have a twitter account, instagram or copy from perezhilton, TMZ and post it and ABRACADABRA becomes a millionaire.
Funny enough if you read LIB, Bellanaija or Stella Dimoko you don’t need to read any other blog in Nigeria again….. trust me on this one(copy and paste syndrome), save your mb. This is a very sad development.

INEXPLICIT VISION
I really can’t understand the vision behind LIB. Its still the same it has been over the years, almost a decade I mean. Last year it went down for some time and I was very disturbed, truly.
With all the money Linda has made, nothing stops her from having her own home server to host her blog. Even nothing stops her from having her own full multimedia website with user accounts… She’s got the money and the fan base for that.
She has the capability to become bigger than what she is now or maybe she’s very modest and contented with her LIB status.
What was very shocking was when the whole shutdown issue persisted last year, it was then she started her quest to secure her domain name, lindaikeji.com which was actually taken….. That would have been the first thing she would have done almost 10 years ago when she started blogging.

Well….. This is the few I decided to spill out, I got more but I don’t want to sound like a player hater. Only being reasonably critical.I hope I won’t get eaten up alive by her die hard fans, especially those that benefit from her give aways….lol

Please note, its not all about making all the money in the world its more about establishing a global system that can outlive you. Steve Jobbs of blessed memory was never the richest man in the world but he created many brands that will stand the test of time. Lets think Global…..

follow me on twitter: @browngarri

- See more at: http://www.browngarri.com/everything-wrong-with-linda-ikeji/#sthash.1YWH910L.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by ammyluv2002(f): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Bros, no vex o! Linda is doing so well for herself, she's well known in Africa,a multimillionaire, she's currently taking the lead in Nigeria so I don't think your post is really necessary *no offence *

Nice observation tho

I just don't like that her gate grin

2 Likes

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 11:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Bros, no vex o! Linda is doing so well for herself, she's well known in Africa,a multimillionaire, she's currently taking the lead in Nigeria so I don't think your post really matters *no offence *

Nice observation tho

I just don't like that her gate grin

You know dear, there's a big difference between Quality and Quantity.

2 Likes

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by ammyluv2002(f): 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
donfineboi:

You know dear, there's a big difference between Quality and Quantity.
Yes, you're right but her followers are happy with what they get
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by mirexxx(f): 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
she's making her money sha undecided
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 12:00am On Feb 13, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Yes, you're right but her followers are happy with what they get

True but they can be happier and she can become Africa's Ambassador to the world. Standing head to head to the worlds top blogs. Isn't it possible?

1 Like

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 12:14am On Feb 13, 2015
It's best when we engage ourselves to be the best at what we do. Not just within our locality but from a global perspective. If you are creative be super creative. Its very common for many of us here in Africa to celebrate mediocrity its pitiful. We all need to up our game, lets improve tremendously in what we do.

1 Like

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by Brymo: 12:37am On Feb 13, 2015
Yoruba man would say eighter.
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by axortedbabe(f): 4:03am On Feb 13, 2015
I was suprised when i heard sumone else has taken linda ikejiblog.com,securing her domain name wud av bn d first thing,and i don't think she will b able to pay d amount of moni d owner will call if she wnts to get it bk..there r sum basic things we lack in nigeria when it cums to entreprenuership..i think she's nt doing too bad anyways..
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by englishmart(m): 4:54am On Feb 13, 2015
lib
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 5:38am On Feb 13, 2015
axortedbabe:
I was suprised when i heard sumone else has taken linda ikejiblog.com,securing her domain name wud av bn d first thing,and i don't think she will b able to pay d amount of moni d owner will call if she wnts to get it bk..there r sum basic things we lack in nigeria when it cums to entreprenuership..i think she's nt doing too bad anyways..

Abi
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 13, 2015
Where there's no competition,the assumed leader becomes less creative,typical of a Naija business..

Local champion forming Behind.

1 Like

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 6:14am On Feb 13, 2015
Yomieluv:
Where there's no competition,the assumed leader becomes less creative,typical of a Naija business..

Local champion forming Behind.

Very true, but there's this blog that stands all the contents are 100% self created and for the first time in Nigeria if not Africa a photonovel its kinda new though, but I pray they continue in this trend.

www.browngarri.com
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by chumakk: 7:52am On Feb 13, 2015
leave her alone na. start your own blog and show her how to run blog

2 Likes

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 8:47am On Feb 13, 2015
chumakk:
leave her alone na. start your own blog and show her how to run blog

Hahaha u cracking me up. U funny guy. You see thats the problem with we Nigerians. God help us.

Anyway for ur info here's my blog

www.browngarri.com

1 Like

Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by Freelancer007(m): 8:58am On Feb 13, 2015
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by ammyluv2002(f): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2015
donfineboi:

Hahaha u cracking me up. U funny guy. You see thats the problem with we Nigerians. God help us.

www.browngarri.com
Your blog is really cool............keep it up
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Your blog is really cool............keep it up

Thanx dear. God bless you.
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2015
donfineboi:

www.browngarri.com

So in summary; you're promoting your blog while running down Linda's.
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by edwife(f): 10:57am On Feb 13, 2015
Zoharariel:

grin grin grin
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2015
Zoharariel:

No sir, I am not running down LIB. I am one of her fans. I am only stating the obvious. We can only be better, if we listen to constructive and reasonble criticism
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by jpphilips(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
donfineboi:

www.browngarri.com

That is the problem with you as an individual poking nose where you shouldn't, many successful businesses in the world started as a result of the inefficiency of their predecessor, don't you know this is an opportunity to start a blog that will apply your own theory to be successful too?
guess you are looking for an LIB job, huh!
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
jpphilips:

That is the problem with you as an individual poking nose where you shouldn't, many successful businesses in the world started as a result of the inefficiency of their predecessor, don't you know this is an opportunity to start a blog that will apply your own theory to be successful too?
guess you are looking for an LIB job, huh!

HAHAHA! Time will tell......

I have already started just this week and look what I have done

www.browngarri.com
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
Re: Everything Wrong With Linda Ikeji by donfineboi: 7:35am On Feb 14, 2015
happy val

(1) (Reply)

Dodo Mayana: Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s Dancer, Selling Skushies Dead / Lady Shares Photo Of Herself And Sister French Kissing In A Car, Sparks Outrage / Wonder What Happened To This Nigerian Corper Trouser After Playing Football. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.