Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? (5858 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Be Located In An Hotel Premises? / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / Where Were These Seven Churches Located? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 11:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hi ladies and gents - a friend of mine has recently relocated to Nigeria, and would like to attend an authentic Reformed Church.

This is a church that strictly adheres to biblical Christianity and Reformed Theology (e.g. The doctrines of grace, the trinity, eternal salvation etc).

If anyone knows any, it would be really helpful. God bless ya smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by kestolove95(m): 12:15am On Feb 13, 2015
Graceland...dem dey even do advert for tv self..."if u a true christian u shud worship wit us at gracelaand".. cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 12:31am On Feb 13, 2015
kestolove95:
Graceland...dem dey even do advert for tv self..."if u a true christian u shud worship wit us at gracelaand".. cheesy

Hahaha, that advertisment is funny!

Thanks very much, we'll look into Graceland. Do you attend the church too?
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by WinsomeX: 1:58am On Feb 13, 2015
I saw your post on my thread. Well, if you are in Lagos I could rec commend two churches to you: Sovereign Grace Bible Church and Crown Bible church. You may send me a PM for more details.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07am On Feb 13, 2015
JahzaraAde:
Hi ladies and gents - a friend of mine has recently relocated to Nigeria, and would like to attend an authentic Reformed Church.

This is a church that strictly adheres to biblical Christianity and Reformed Theology (e.g. The doctrines of grace, the trinity, eternal salvation etc).

If anyone knows any, it would be really helpful. God bless ya smiley
the presbyterian church, that is the only reformed church i know in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 9:09am On Feb 13, 2015
WinsomeX:
I saw your post on my thread. Well, if you are in Lagos I could rec commend two churches to you: Sovereign Grace Bible Church and Crown Bible church. You may send me a PM for more details.

Thank you so much, I'm really grateful. I'll definately pm you after work to ask for details and locations.

It's good to hear that there are reformed gatherings in Nigeria smiley
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2015
Ubenedictus:
the presbyterian church, that is the only reformed church i know in the country.

Ah yes, the Presbyterian church is wonderful as well, will also collect details from you after work. Many thanks smiley
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by kestolove95(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Hahaha, that advertisment is funny!

Thanks very much, we'll look into Graceland. Do you attend the church too?
even if I attend d church...I will stop attending..
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by An2elect2(f): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2015
WinsomeX:

Hi WinsomeX , do you know any reformed gathering in Jos, Plateau? i hope you don't mind?
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by WinsomeX: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
An2elect2:

Hi WinsomeX , do you know any reformed gathering in Jos, Plateau? i hope you don't mind?

No, I don't.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by adejareojaja(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
the point is not about church but about Christ because it is better to be in church than to be in church, so once you are born again led by the spirit then look for the FAITH INCREASING EVANGELICAL CHURCH you can call 08134897946, 08176817843 God bless you as you join us

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
adejareojaja:
the point is not about church but about Christ because it is better to be in church than to be in church, so once you are born again led by the spirit then look for the FAITH INCREASING EVANGELICAL CHURCH you can call 08134897946, 08176817843 God bless you as you join us

Hey bro, I agree, it's all about Christ.

However, I feel that after 1) salvation and 2) deciding who to marry, the third most important choice you make is the church you choose to belong to.

With salvation, I feel we are called unto a community, and there's nothing better than fellowshipping with like-minded saints smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by An2elect2(f): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
WinsomeX:

No, I don't.
Alright, thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by WinsomeX: 10:22am On Feb 14, 2015
edited
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by PastorKun(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2015
adejareojaja:

A lot of Christians mistake being a member of the "Jesus fan club" to mean being born again or being in Christ. However this is far from the truth, to be in Christ means that we live by is commandments the greatest of which is love. God said he would honour his word more than his name, this means it's more important we obey him than even worshipping him.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2015
PastorKun:

A lot of Christians mistake being a member of the "Jesus fan club" to mean being born again or being in Christ. However this is far from the truth, to be in Christ means that we live by is commandments the greatest of which is love. God said he would honour his word more than his name, this means it's more important we obey him than even worshipping him.

Is obeying Him not worship?
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by WinsomeX: 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Thank you so much, I'm really grateful. I'll definately pm you after work to ask for details and locations.

It's good to hear that there are reformed gatherings in Nigeria smiley

I have just seen your PM. I have sent you a reply.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by PastorKun(m): 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Is obeying Him not worship?

Two entirely different things.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2015
WinsomeX:

I have just seen your PM. I have sent you a reply.

I've tried to reply back... I'm a bit confused as to what's up with my account.

Hope it comes through soon.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
PastorKun:

Two entirely different things.

Hey PastorKun smiley

Hope you're good? For those who are not too sure of the difference, can you pls explain..
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by PastorKun(m): 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Hey PastorKun smiley

Hope you're good? For those who are not too sure of the difference, can you pls explain..

Worship is more of church/religious activities whilst obeying God as to do with the way we live our lives and relate with others. God's greatest command to us as christians to love others as we love ourselves. The only way we can truly show God we love him is to love our neighbours and not through religious activities that is encouraged in a lot of our churches.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by WinsomeX: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
JahzaraAde:

I've tried to reply back... I'm a bit confused as to what's up with my account.

Hope it comes through soon.

I have not seen it.

Make your request here. I will reply you and delete any private detail after you have received the information.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
WinsomeX:

I have not seen it.

Make your request here. I will reply you and delete any private detail after you have received the information.

No worries.

I basically wanted to ask the exact location of both churches you recommended. And if possible, the pastor in charge.

A few people at my church are aware of SGBC, which is a good sign! Do you know if either church holds a mid-week bible study too?

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by WinsomeX: 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
JahzaraAde:

No worries.

I basically wanted to ask the exact location of both churches you recommended. And if possible, the pastor in charge.

A few people at my church are aware of SGBC, which is a good sign! Do you know if either church holds a mid-week bible study too?

Many thanks in advance.

Let me know when you have noted the number so I can remove it, for the sake of the owner's privacy.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
WinsomeX:

Let me know when you have noted the number so I can remove it, for the sake of the owner's privacy.

Thanks very much, I've noted the number down.

I'll pass the number on to my friend, who is in a better position to call and inquire, as I'm not based in Nigeria.

God bless you smiley
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by sundoj08(m): 1:09am On Feb 16, 2015
@JahzaraAde yh i got your msg,thks. i did send mine earlier tho but i guess you're not receiving them. Not sure why
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
sundoj08:
@JahzaraAde yh i got your msg,thks. i did send mine earlier tho but i guess you're not receiving them. Not sure why

Hiya,
Oh no, sorry about that, but I'm sure I didn't relieve it. Could you try sending it again.. Thanks smiley
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by sundoj08(m): 2:05am On Feb 17, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Hiya,
Oh no, sorry about that, but I'm sure I didn't relieve it. Could you try sending it again.. Thanks smiley
yh sure..#just did
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by udumosam23(m): 8:45am On Feb 17, 2015
The only church that practices the reformed faith in Nigeria is the Presbyterian church of Nigeria.

Though she has deviated a little by the name and nomenclatures she is attaching to herself today.

The reformed presbyterian church are a breakaway from presbyterian church of Nigeria who hoped to maintain the reformed faith without compromise.

Though they are limited within Ebonyi and Abia, hopefully they will be in Abuja and Lagos before the year runs out.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by udumosam23(m): 9:02am On Feb 17, 2015
WinsomeX:

No, I don't.
WinsomeX:

No, I don't.

Yes, there is an organization called TEKAN. Turraya ekklesia Kristy a Nigeria, not sure of the spellings, but I know it means the church of Christ in Nigeria.

It consist of the major missionary churches in the north. Anglican and Presbyterian are associate members.
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by JahzaraAde(f): 12:27am On Feb 18, 2015
udumosam23:
The only church that practices the reformed faith in Nigeria is the Presbyterian church of Nigeria.

Though she has deviated a little by the name and nomenclatures she is attaching to herself today.

The reformed presbyterian church are a breakaway from presbyterian church of Nigeria who hoped to maintain the reformed faith without compromise.

Though they are limited within Ebonyi and Abia, hopefully they will be in Abuja and Lagos before the year runs out.

Ah ok, thanks so much for suggesting that church. It isn't in Lagos, but I'm sure it'll be very useful for anyone needing a reformed church in either Ebonyi or Abia. God bless yasmiley
Re: Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos? by Terdoo2k4(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Have you found SGBC yet? If not send me a mail and i'll forward the address to you. anomterdoo@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Holding Cutlass In A Dream? / Society And Atheism / Angels Do Not Pray For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.