Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi (5134 Views)

Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) / The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by ElijahFobs: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2015
It is a known fact about how issues relating to passport are being handled by the immigration officers and this has shown that things are not working in Nigeria the way it should have worked...Though many people might have talked or complained about this before but I think the more the issues are brought up, the more chances for better development.

I was to renew my passport so I went to the Immigration office at ikoyi to have it renewed...I paid 25k for renewal with the hope of gettin it dat same day cos I came their first. But to my utmost disgust, they neva attend to me not until noon..after spending hrs to get my previous passport confirmed...I was told they can't do anyfin again dat day as their generating set is not working and all work done for dat day lost cos dey dnt have ups to back up their systems.

My concern is that how can a government parastatal could not afford to have a good generating set nor ups to back their systems when power is out...This is very very bad cos they make huge amount of money on daily basis

Pls I want to know...is it the government that is not funding them as at wen due or are they diverting the money for personal use?

Thank yoi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by alienvirus: 7:48am On Feb 13, 2015
ElijahFobs:
It is a known fact about how issues relating to passport are being handled by the immigration officers and this has shown that things are not working in Nigeria the way it should have worked...Though many people might have talked or complained about this before but I think the more the issues are brought up, the more chances for better development.

I was to renew my passport so I went to the Immigration office at ikoyi to have it renewed...I paid 25k for renewal with the hope of gettin it dat same day cos I came their first. But to my utmost disgust, they neva attend to me not until noon..after spending hrs to get my previous passport confirmed...I was told they can't do anyfin again dat day as their generating set is not working and all work done for dat day lost cos dey dnt have ups to back up their systems.

My concern is that how can a government parastatal could not afford to have a good generating set nor ups to back their systems when power is out...This is very very bad cos they make huge amount of money on daily basis

Pls I want to know...is it the government that is not funding them as at wen due or are they diverting the money for personal use?

Thank yoi
Have you been to their toilet before?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by ElijahFobs: 7:49am On Feb 13, 2015
alienvirus:

I think I should not try that...buf av u been there b4??

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by alienvirus: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2015
ElijahFobs:

I think I should not try that...buf av u been there b4??
I ran back. It is indescribable. I think maintenance is a cause on Nigerian government. I will give you other two to verify. Ikoyi Registry and Lagos International Airport.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by loomer: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2015
All government can do is provide funds, no be government go de clean toilets for them na.
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by Funjosh(m): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2015
Its normal jare. The worst part of it is that they will not tell you whatsup ontime until you waste your precious time with them lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by osarodon(m): 9:28am On Feb 13, 2015
25k for passport, that is suppose to be a fee for fast tracking(runs own) and am sure the agent NIS officer you used is the one that messed you up.
25k na sharp sharp oh.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by suxes2005(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2015
ElijahFobs:

Thank yoi

Your agent messed you up big time.

alienvirus:

Its not like before. The place is clean now. I mean very clean!

~ Sheyi
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by alienvirus: 11:14am On Feb 13, 2015
suxes2005:

Your agent messed you up big time.

Its not like before. The place is clean now. I mean very clean!

~ Sheyi
You mean it is now as clean as this.

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by seangy4konji: 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na heaven be dis now compared to any goverment owned toilet and am not talking of aso rock or state house...any ministry under goverment..u must v been a rebel leader to use their toilet.
alienvirus:
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by suxes2005(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
alienvirus:

It sha clean smiley

Moreso, make sure you give that woman at least N50
else she'll rain curse on you smiley

~ Sheyi

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by Dindondin(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2015
Funjosh:
Its normal jare. The worst part of it is that they will not tell you whatsup ontime until you waste your precious time with them lipsrsealed
it's abnormal.
it's people like you that are used to suffering in Nigeria.
this country deserves better than the shit we are experiencing.
All agencies feed with corruption
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by Funjosh(m): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

it's abnormal.
it's people like you that are used to suffering in Nigeria.
this country deserves better than the shit we are experiencing.
All agencies feed with corruption

lolz........ Broda dont take it too personal, no body like suffering or enjoy the hardship in Nigeria. The reason why i said it is a normal thing with those FG agency is very glaring abi when they told you that their generating set develop fault, will you go home and bring your own generating set for use
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by Dindondin(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Funjosh:

lolz........ Broda dont take it too personal, no body like suffering or enjoy the hardship in Nigeria. The reason why i said it is a normal thing with those FG agency is very glaring abi when they told you that their generating set develop fault, will you go home and bring your own generating set for use
that is why it's abnormal.
we must keep complaining until there are reasonable improvements.
don't be tired of complaining
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by Allibaby78: 9:45am On May 30, 2016
Does anyone know whats happening there now? I need a passport for my baby
Re: My Experience At Nigeria Immigration Office, Ikoyi by Rehobot: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2016
how much is ECOWAS passport presently, and how may I avoid any agent extortion,thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Bahamas Visa / Who has been to France, precisely Paris? / Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.