Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

The Man Called Opportunity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Man Called Opportunity (496 Views)

Who Is The Man Called Julius Berger? / Why You Should Stop Working For The Man / The Man Seun(biography) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Man Called Opportunity by olaballo: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2015
Every man wants to live a good life, buy the best of cars, live in the state of the art mansions, earn the fattest of pay, work in the best of companies to mention but a few. But only few people recognize, admit or realize the fact that all these are achievable depending on the opportunity you are exposed to and able to take.
Opportunity is “a favourable or advantageous circumstance or combination of circumstances”. For easy understanding, it can simply be put as “a chance for progress or advancement”. If it is a chance, then the man called opportunity has haughty wings with which it can fly when not taking.
Just like the slogan that concludes the adverts of a popular network provider, opportunity abounds everywhere you go but before you get too excited about this submission, bear in mind that they are not equal just like the fingers of a man.
Even in the midst of a crowd, a man can still feel lonely if he fails to correctly answer the questions of IDENTITY. Which means right answers must be provided to these questions; Who am I? What am I called to do? What am I doing at the moment? What do I enjoy doing? Until you rightly identify yourself, you can’t identify opportunities that are meant for you when it comes and the secret to doing exploit is knowing. In a nutshell, a misplaced identity, is a missed opportunity.
The roughest part of a building is the foundation, yet it determines the life span of the building. Just like the devil, opportunity doesn’t come with the name tag “Opportunity”. It comes disguising in the form of challenges and any other not-so-good circumstances you could imagine, only on few occasions will it come in a friendly mood but once you can identify it then you are good to go because an hippopotamus can be hidden in dark waters.
Imagine a plane flying in the air without an airport to land? You must learn to anticipate and position yourself for the arrival of opportunities. Which means work and plans must be ongoing inline with your area of identity waiting to grasp any landing opportunity. Just as the saying goes “Success is achieved when opportunity meets with preparation”
I wouldn’t want to bore you with this piece, hence, I will drop my pen here till some other time. Meanwhile, Before I finally do that bear this in mind. Identifying who you are is fantastic, Identifying opportunity is awesome, anticipating and positioning yourself for it is great but all these will amount to nothing if you fail to MAXIMIZE every opportunities you identified, anticipated and positioned yourself for.
DON’T LET THE MAN FLY AWAY!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss And Earn Dollars Fron Nigeria - Become A Voiceover Artist / Help needed In Choosing A Career Path / Please Help!! What Can I Invest In To Be. A Multi Millionaire With N1 M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.