Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,240 members, 7,839,264 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

To Auwal87 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / To Auwal87 (828 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Auwal87 by Jarus(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2009
Assalamu alaikum my brother,
I saw your thread on Nostradamus (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-213509.0.html ) in the politics section, but I have decided not to raise the correction in the politics section, but rather bring it home here.

As you may have known believing in fortune telling, claims that somebody sees the future etc is highly prohibited in Islam. It's a form of Shirk. A Muslim is therefore not expected to believe somebody sees the future, whether nostradamus or any other person. Basing one's activities on these modern forms of fortune telling like Zodiac signs etc are also prohibited. A Muslim is expected to live his life normally, pray and hope for the best and not probe into the future either by consulting the so-called fortune tellers or using these Zodiac signs etc to guide your activities. Knowledge of the future solely belongs to Allah. Nostradamus do not share that quality with him. We disregard such assertions even if they appear coming true. The fact is that the way our brain works, we easily forget their many predictions that do not come true, but if one eventually come true(by coincidence), we bank on it, forgetting the 99 others that did not come to pass. In any case, a Muslim is not expected to believe in fortune-telling and other forms of future-predictions.

Get me right however. There is no problem with predictions based on trend, but it should not be believed with absolute certainty. For example, with the help of correlation and regression and other statistical tools, coupled with experience, Economists can predict that Nigeria's Economy will experience boom in the next two years, or that the stock market will be bullish etc. These ones are just product of trend/experience. This is not the predictions I'm talking about here.
Re: To Auwal87 by Riskie(f): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2009
As-Salam Alaikum brother Jarus. Thank you for mentioning this. As Muslims we should remember that innovation is frowned upon and we are warned against this. We should remind eachother to avoid such things so we are not punished  in the hereafter.
Re: To Auwal87 by babs787(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2009
Jazakhullah Khairan Jarus
Re: To Auwal87 by thehomer: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2009
Riskie:

As Muslims we should remember that innovation is frowned upon and we are warned against this.

What do you mean?
Re: To Auwal87 by Jarus(m): 8:12am On Jan 05, 2009
thehomer:

What do you mean?
The Innovation being talked about here is 'new thing into the religion, meant as a worship'. It is called bid'ah.
The innovation here is not worldly innovations like technology etc.
Re: To Auwal87 by auwal87(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2009
I just came across this topic today, well, I would like to reply by drawing a conclusion based on an article I read by a Muslim on Nostradamus.

"Nostradamus was not a prophet of God. The final messenger (peace be upon him) has already come with the final revelation, the Qur'an. The true prophets of the past warned the believers against the words of "psychics", witchcraft, fortune-telling, magic, etc. Nostradamus' writings present major difficulties with translation and interpretation and are therefore unreliable in and of themselves.

What is striking is the huge market for imposter quatrains, never written by Nostradamus. Immediately following the World Trade Center disaster on September 11, 2001, for example, a quatrain which many alleged predicted the event began circulating. Those who have studied the writings of Nostradamus recognized it as a forgery almost immediately. But what of the populace, who know very little regarding Nostradamus?

Governments know how the masses react to Nostradamus' writings all too well. During World War II the Germans dropped leaflets of his prophecies in the streets of France in an attempt to demoralize the people. Then, it was being used as a source of propaganda. And this is partially why I am even writing this today. It will likely be used again in the "War on Terrorism".

With references to Nostradamus' Third Antichrist coming from "the land of Muhammad", I am quite sure that many will utilize this in their attack on Islam. This is one of the many reasons why it is important for modern day Muslims to know what Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said regarding the Antichrist, al-Masih ad-Dajjal."

Allah knows best.

So, the reason why I post that topic does not make me to believe what Nostradamus said, or promotes what he said on Nairaland. But for the following reasons;

1. Many people esp on Nairaland here thinks that all troubles in this world is caused by Islam or Muslims
2. To expose the Jewish agendas of the Middle East (even though it will not be true, but that is exactly what they are following) because he is also a Jew
3. Muslims should be aware on plans against them, this man has exposed so many plans against Muslims, but because we don't want to research, and read through, we are left with ignorant on the what is really happening in the world politics. We are just left with what we are told in the News.
4. Foretelling the future is not allowed in Islam, but in the case that what was said is being followed step-by-step by some people in order to achieve that Foretelling, won't you read and research and know what this people will be doing next?
Re: To Auwal87 by Jarus(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2009
No problem, Auwal.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Interesting View Of The Taliban / Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings / Mssn Lautech Commences Orientation Week 1435ah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.