Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings (825 Views)

The Kind of Spouse Every Muslim Should Seek For / A Request For Islamic Threads On Frontpage. / 3 Question For Islamic Scholars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by aloyemeka4: 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2011
[size=14pt]British gay Muslims seek Islamic weddings[/size]

By Adrian Goldberg
Presenter, 5 live Investigates

British gay Muslims are joining the global fight for equality and seeking gay Islamic marriage. The BBC's 5 live Investigates speaks to one couple about their 'nikah' - a Muslim matrimonial contract - and asks how they balance their sexuality with the Islamic faith.

Like many gay people, British gay Muslims are pursuing marriage

"We met about three years ago, at an iftar - a breaking of fast during Ramadan.

"I think a lot of Muslims find that time of year very spiritual and very enlightening, and so I think that's why our relationship developed, because we spoke about our faith."

"Eventually we went on a date."

Asra recalls the first time she met her partner, Sarah, three years ago. The gay couple, who are also Muslim, are one of a growing number of gay, British Muslims who have cemented their relationship with marriage - Islamic marriage.

Asra fondly remembers the moment Sarah proposed to her.

"After the first date, which was about an hour, Sarah casually asked me to marry her."

Sarah interjects.

"I think it was more like four hours, after dinner, coffee and walking. I didn't really plan it, but it just really seemed like the way it was between us, I should try and keep it as pure as possible.

"That may sound strange being lesbians, but it felt like we should do it the most honourable way we could."

The Muslim way
Asra and Sarah decided upon a 'nikah' - a Muslim matrimonial contract. Whilst nikahs have traditionally been the reserve of heterosexual Muslims, Asra and Sarah were aware that other gay Muslims had followed this route and the couple decided to investigate further.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12486003
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by kelz88(f): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
After the first date. Na wa ooohh.

Happy for them.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by Sweetnecta: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
They are not muslims. Islam is not by lip service. It is Quran and authentic sunnah/hadith. Good behavior.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by lailaiwala: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2011
as soon as muslim same-sex can marry, aloyemeka will become a muslim and marry either mukina or jarus to thank them for allowing him/her to take over the forum. lol. excellent work. grin
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by aloyemeka4: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2011
lailaiwala:

as soon as muslim same-sex can marry, aloyemeka will become a muslim and marry either mukina or jarus to thank them for allowing him/her to take over the forum. lol. excellent work. grin

Jarus is a sweetheart and I am seriously praying for the day he will convert to Christianity. He is too intelligent and brilliant to be a muslim.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by aloyemeka4: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2011
Sweetnecta:

They are not muslims. Islam is not by lip service. It is Quran and authentic sunnah/hadith. Good behavior.

Why don't you say that when muslims accuse Christians of doing evil?. You know that Hausas in Nigeria have more homos than any other group in Nigeria and they are largely muslims. Don't you think that most of them are closeted because of the fear of sharia if they express how they feel sexually?. There are many more Arabs who are closeted homos in the Arab world and dare they say it and watch their limbs and tongues go under the slammer. So, Islam is using lethal force to enforce its rules while Christianty will give you the chance to choose between right and wrong. Jesus rocks abeg!!!!!
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by Sweetnecta: 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
ALoy@Emeka, she o fe ki nso nkon ti mo nro?
Esin kiriyo ki nse esin gidi.

Jesu ki shee kiriyo.

taa ba wa wo gbogbo e, a mo wipe ibi ti iro baa wa, ti o je owun ni ipinlee, ko le si ootooo nbe.

You see why i can have the same opinion under this glaring proofs?

the same sex people are tatooed. bad upon bad.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by Sweetnecta: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
tattooed.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by maclatunji: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Jarus is a sweetheart and I am seriously praying for the day he will convert to Christianity. He is too intelligent and brilliant to be a muslim.

See crush. It is okay dear, you can crush all you want but you can't touch!

@topic #Nonsense
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by aloyemeka4: 1:49am On Nov 21, 2011
maclatunji:

See crush. It is okay dear, you can crush all you want but you can't touch!

@topic #Nonsense

Are you sure about that?. Didn't Allah give him the license to marry as many women as possible?. Shouldn't you be rejoicing about same sex marriage in mosques because I know you kinda fancy Araboy. But while you are at it, remember that homosexuality and apostasy are punishable by death under sharia law.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by maclatunji: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Are you sure about that?. Didn't Allah give him the license to marry as many women as possible?. Shouldn't you be rejoicing about same sex marriage in mosques because I know you kinda fancy Araboy. But while you are at it, remember that homosexuality and apostasy are punishable by death under sharia law.

Sweetheart, not only are you a bigot you have now added delusional disorder to the mix. You need help but I doubt you realise it. This your post just came-out of no-where and gives us an inkling into how warped your mind might really be.
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by mukina2: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
domi haram len angry
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by maclatunji: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2011
mukina2:

domi haram len angry

How are you doing this afternoon madam? grin
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by mukina2: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2011
I am fine sir grin
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by maclatunji: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
Good to know, keep-up the good work!
Re: Muslims Seek For Islamic Homosexual Weddings by mukina2: 1:58am On Nov 22, 2011

(1)

Summarise The Quran In One Sentence / M / Nasfat Members Come On Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.