Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

New On Fast-rising Albino Blog: #LightSkin Meets Runway - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / New On Fast-rising Albino Blog: #LightSkin Meets Runway (1080 Views)

Mr And Miss Albino Contest In Kenya (Photos) / Stunning Photos Of Very Beautiful Albino Ladies / 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New On Fast-rising Albino Blog: #LightSkin Meets Runway by distinkt(f): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
It is time to balance the scales! I have made sure to give a glimpse into the challenges that the average albino faces in Africa. However, I also hold a conviction that no matter how society treats us, we owe ourselves to break from all societal, physical and psychological restrictions (don’t tell me it is hard, I am not exactly unaware now, am I?) and reach for the best that you can; after all, it is not society’s life now, is it?

It is possible to break out of the status quo because there are people who have. To demonstrate this, I have pulled out successful stories from one of the most difficult and intolerant industries of any country. Here are short bios of “some” of Africa’s albinos that have broken ground in the modeling industry. Enjoy…

Diandra Forrest

Diandra Forrest is one of the most popular African-American albino top models. Diandra is setting a trend which would encourage other albinos to “emerge” from their shells

Having had a difficult childhood when she was often called Casper (You know the cartoon? Lol!), Diandra has become a spokesmodel for other albino black people, after learning of their mistreatment, particularly in East Africa....

Read more @ https://seyiogunsi./

1 Share

Re: New On Fast-rising Albino Blog: #LightSkin Meets Runway by Omotayor123(f): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
J

(1) (Reply)

Men Fashion Designer, Obi Oneil Releases Dapper Photos Of His 2015 Collections / Bulk Nurses Uniforms UK – Nurses Workwear Wholesale / Free Training! Free Training!! Free Training!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.