Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin (31135 Views)

Why You Should Use Apple Hair Groom: 5 Advantages Of A Long Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by misspicy(f): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dark skin is cheaper and easy to maintain,most people refer to darkskinned peeps as naturally beautiful or handsome,infact darkskin represent our african legacy.so we checking out some advantages of been darkskinned,this post is aimmed at educating people who feel inferior because of their darkskin and become pressure to change their skin colour....just know that you are beautiful and handsome just the way you are...you dont need to listen to Mrcork because he secretly wish to be like you...Now lets get it on

1)You dont have to worry about maintaining your skin colour unlike Lightskinned people
Most times you see lightskinned peeps changing creams up and down all in the name of looking for one that suits their skin colour,they spend thousands of naira just to get a suitable cream and most times this products are not readily available,well darkskinned peeps need no bother about all that,all we do is buy shear butter or vaseline from any store or market and you are good to go,inshort it wunt cost us more than a hundred or two hundred naira

2)No one will accuse you of bleaching
Some people are accused of bleaching even if they are naturally lightskinned because of the crase of bleaching creams nowadays,in d race of trying to maintain their lightskin they go for damaging cosmectic products this is not the case if you are darkskinned,No one will even suggest that you are bleaching.you only look more radiant with #50 vaseline,although vaseline is getting scarce now thanks to our three legged brothers grin

3)wearing of bright coloured cloths won't bother you,because you look nice in them.
Have you all noticed a lightskinned girl on yellow or red gown,she looks like rainbow,a darkskinned person need no bother about colours because most colours look nice on them

4)A scar on the darkskin does not easily show unlike lightskin
unlike lightskinned people scars are almost invisible on darkskin,while it leaves a black patch on lightskin,most times they dont play rough and even avoid the use of sharp objects,they know it will leave an everlasting mark on them

5)wound heals faster on darkskin than lightskin
Have you all noticed that when a darkskinned person get a wound on their skin,it heals faster compared to a lightskinned person

The list is inexhaustible,please add yours.......

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by dangote7510(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
u said it all, tank God am made of black. like stout

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. People who spend thousands on their light skin are self-conscious of losing their colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply a good suncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker skinned people tend look better with bright, block colours like yellow/red like you said, because the contrast is more striking

4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troublesome

5. The time a wound takes to heal has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour but with the person's health status. For example, somebody who lacks Vitamin K in their diet will bleed for a longer period of time when injured, because their blood will take longer to clot. This has nothing to do with skin colour

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
That's not true on all cases Op undecided

4 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by demmy0325(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nice one.. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nice writeup but number 1 isn't true, just because u re darkskinned doesnt mean ur skin need zero maintenance. All skin tones need to be maintained.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by falconey(m): 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
that's fascinating misspussy.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by IamLEGEND1: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
misspicy
#ChopKnuckleJare
#YourHeadDeyThere
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by misspicy(f): 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
misspicy
#ChopKnuckleJare
#YourHeadDeyThere
Hehehehe....oya choppu knuckles,you sabi.the thing
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
The light skin gets sun burn more often than the dark skin

Skin Allergy is more common in people with light skin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:

Anybody can have sun burn if the skin is not properly taken care of wen going out, that's y tz good to apply sunscreen whenever u go out. Infact sunscreens re recommended for everybody

4 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Johnnoah1st: 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:
Lol, MrC0rk loading...

Anyway

1. Both light-skinned and dark-skinned people need take care of their skin. In fact it is easier to tell when a darker-skinned person has not creamed themselves well because the skin will turn white/grey and look dry. colour, but if they just leave themselves alone and apply asuncream when its very bright outside, they will be ok.

2. No quarrel

3. There are certain shades that look better on both skin types. That applies whether light or dark skin. Just that certain colours go better together than others. Darker
4. Aside from genetics, people with darker skin tend to scar more easily than their lighter counterparts. They are also more likely to get raised scar formations called "keloids", which are very troubleso
its seems u are studying biology related shey? ok, what i want to ask is about scar, what drug or treatment can someone take immediatly he/she is injured to avoid the wound from forming scars?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by misspicy(f): 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
MhizDeedy:
Nice writeup but number 1 isn't true, just because u re darkskinned doesnt mean ur skin need zero maintenance. All skin tones need to be maintained.
I never indicated dah darkskin needs zero maintainance,buh its not as costly as dat of lightskin...thank you

3 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
misspicy:

I never indicated dah darkskin needs zero maintainance,buh its not as costly as dat of lightskin...thank you

Yeah that's true tho wink
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
MhizDeedy:

They get sun burn if their skin is not properly taken care of wen going out, that's y tz good to apply sunscreen whenever u go out. Infact sunscreens re recommended for everybody
you are right, but prolonged use of this cosmestics always have a side effect on our skin. Blocking of sweat pores, dirt accumulation which may later lead to infections, heat, and sometimes skin cancer. Seriously dark skin rules.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:
you are right, but prolong use this cosmestics always have a side effect on our skin. Blocking of sweat pores, dirt accumulation which may later lead to infections, heat, and sometimes skin cancer. Seriously dark skin rules.

Lol u re right tho m not light skinned, m caramel skinned grin but I do maintain it too

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Anybody can have sun burn if the skin is not properly taken care of wen going out, that's y tz good to apply sunscreen whenever u go out. Infact sunscreens re recommended for everybody

yeah

if possible the foundation and other makeup we use should have a sunscreen inside it
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol u re right tho m not light skinned, m caramel skinned grin but I do maintain it too
that's good.. Buh be wary of the products you use.. and permit me to call you Caramel-Deedy grin
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah

if possible the foundation and other makeup we use should have a sunscreen inside it

Yeah exactly I think some have sef
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:
that's good.. Buh be wary of the products you use.. and permit me to call you Caramel-Deedy grin

Yes sir...caramel deedy lol I like it cheesy
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah

not everyone can get sunburn. You seen a Ghanaian sunburned? grin (pun intended)
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:
not everyone can get sunburn. You seen a Ghanaian sunburned? grin (pun intended)

Yeah it damages the skin even if you cant see the damage

Although the reason Africans are dark-skinned is to protect from sun-damage, so in this case the darker the better

You cant see it now but it will make the skin to age faster
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Rapmoney(m): 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Abeg, someone should tell the mods that we are tired of Tonto Dikeh's threads on fp all the time!!! Thank you! cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:

Now this is true.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
its seems u are studying biology related shey? ok, what i want to ask is about scar, what drug or treatment can someone take immediatly he/she is injured to avoid the wound from forming scars?

Yes and I have a lot of scars myself, its very annoying

When a mosquite bites me, even if I don't scratch it I will still have a scar. Ah, is it fair? angry

Well you can dress the wound well and make sure its clean, but don't keep rubbing or disorganizing it too much or you will damage the surrounding tissue which is already sensitive, that would lead to more scarring around the area

I heard that cocoa butter helps to make skin tone more even and smooth the appearance of scars, but check that you are not allergic to it first

Otherwise there are some more expensive treatments that you would have to consult the pharmacist in order to locate
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

Yeah it damages the skin even if you cant see the damage

Although the reason Africans are dark-skinned is to protect from sun-damage, so in this case the darker the better

You cant see it now but it will make the skin to age faster
if you can't see it, then it's not there.. we all have to take care of our skin tho

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
bqlekan:
if you can't see it, then it's not there.. we all have to take care of our skin tho

You wouldn't be able to see it since the damage is microscopic and happens over long periods of time. But it is definitely there
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weda ur light skin or dark, I dont tink it mataz @all.

Am light skin and no one has eva called me a bleacher.
Jux love ur skin d@s all

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Johnnoah1st: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

Yes and I have a lot of scars myself, its very annoying

When a mosquite bites me, even if I don't scratch it I will still have a scar. Ah, is it fair? angry

Well you can dress the wound well and make sure its clean, but don't keep rubbing or disorganizing it too much or you will damage the surrounding tissue which is already sensitive, that would lead to more scarring around the area

I heard that cocoa butter helps to make skin tone more even and smooth the appearance of scars, but check that you are not allergic to it first

Otherwise there are some more expensive treatments that you would have to consult the pharmacist in order to locate
but assuming with all the treatment someone still got scar, do u tink scar removal surgery is effective to remove it?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by bqlekan(m): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

You wouldn't be able to see it since the damage is microscopic and happens over long periods of time. But it is definitely there
just kidding, we all get sunburn but at a different degree. We can't underestimate what melanin does in all life forms.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Darkskin Over Lightskin by Gurgle(f): 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
but assuming with all the treatment someone still got scar, do u tink scar removal surgery is effective to remove it?

Yes, of course

But unless its a very big one in a place where people can see it and it reminds you of some kind of trauma that you have had, or it makes you very self-conscious, then you should be able to live with it. But if somebody has the money then why not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Miss Nigeria 2016 Contestants / Suitable Cream To Even Out Uneven Skin Tone / What To Use? Fair And White Gold 1, Gold 2, Gold 3 Or F&w So White?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.