Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! (6953 Views)

Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! / Amazing Fact!!!!! Goliath's Skull Been Exhumed At The Foot Of Mount Elah / Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
Mark kindly emailed me a link to Ben Witherington III’s blog post of 27 January 2011: ‘Finally, Archaeological Proof– Goliath Got Stoned’.

In the post, Ben Witherington digs up the following ‘proof’ of Goliath’s existence, from the 25 May 1993 copy of The Weekly World News, a publication which claims to be “The World’s Only Reliable Newspaper”:

[img]http://remnantofgiants.files./2011/02/goliath-worldweeklynews.jpg[/img]

The Weekly World News, for those of you who haven’t encountered it, is famous for stories about Elvis sightings, aliens, human-bat hybrids, and various supernatural beings…not to mention the odd Giant. It seems the story was later picked up and published as though it were a genuine archaeological discovery in The Kingdom Times (Belfast; May 1994), a publication of the British Israelites. BW3 was having wee joke with us, you see.

Here is the story from inside the Weekly World News (but how did Goliath’s skull get back to the Valley of Elah from Jerusalem?):

[img]http://remnantofgiants.files./2011/02/goliaths-skull-story.jpg[/img]

I wonder about the identities of the unnamed “top Bible scholars” who confirmed the story. Could it be that the Weekly World News article was, in fact, the first joint publication from Provan, Long and Longman?

Source: https://remnantofgiants./2011/02/03/goliaths-skull-found-in-holy-land/
Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
[size=15pt]Skull of Goliath who was killed by King David discovered in Jerusalem[/size]

A team of famed archaeologists and biblical scholars have confirmed an enormous skull that was unearthed west of Jerusalem is that of Goliath. They also say the stone embedded in its forehead came from David's slingshot!

Excited scientist, Dr Richard Martin discovered the amazing relic in the foothills of the Judaean Mountains last spring.

The German archaeologist says the find proves that the battle between David and Goliath occurred just the way the Bible described it.

"I was convinced before that this was the skull of the 10-foot Palestine giant described in the bible. ," Dr Martin said in Jerusalem.

Dr Martin and his assistants found the huge skull during a routine archaeological survey in the Valley of Elah, where David's conquest of the towering Goliath reportedly took place.

SUMMARY (Full story in 1 Samuel 17:51)
The Philistine army had gathered for war against Israel. The two armies faced each other, camped for battle on opposite sides of a steep valley. A Philistine giant measuring over nine feet tall and wearing full armor came out each day for forty days, mocking and challenging the Israelites to fight. His name was Goliath. Saul , the King of Israel, and the whole army were terrified of Goliath.

One day David, the youngest son of Jesse, was sent to the battle lines by his father to bring back news of his brothers. David was probably just a young teenager at the time. While there, David heard Goliath shouting his daily defiance and he saw the great fear stirred within the men of Israel. David responded, "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of God?"

So David volunteered to fight Goliath. It took some persuasion, but King Saul finally agreed to let David fight against the giant. Dressed in his simple tunic, carrying his shepherd's staff, sling and a pouch full of stones, David approached Goliath. The giant cursed at him, hurling threats and insults.

David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied ... today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air ... and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel ... it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands."

As Goliath moved in for the kill, David reached into his bag and slung one of his stones at Goliath's head. Finding a hole in the armor, the stone sank into the giant's forehead and he fell face down on the ground. David then took Goliath's sword, killed him and then cut off his head. When the Philistines saw that their hero was dead, they turned and ran. So the Israelites pursued, chasing and killing them and plundering their camp.

Source: http://www.myzimbabwe.co.zw/news/2400-skull-of-goliath-who-was-killed-by-king-david-discovered-in-jerusalem.html
Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by nairalandbuzz(m): 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
Looks like hoax to me...
Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by LarrySun(m): 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
The religious fanatics keep feeding us the same old horseshit and calling it sugar!

2 Likes

Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
My God......same yesterday,today and forever more

1 Like

Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
kallmemrB:
My God......same yesterday,today and forever more
AMEN! smiley
Re: Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! by johnydon22(m): 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Oh not again... how many times will you guys post such nonsense here on nairaland... didnt you see similar posts before creating this thread

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Religion Section Hall Of Fame 2013 Edition ( sticky) / The Modern Church Of Satan / Creationist Propaganda And Misinformation...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.