Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

God's Reality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Reality (541 Views)

Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / Deny God, Deny Reality: Evidence Of Our Creator. / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Reality by undercat: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
This is another of those threads where we try to decide what God can or cannot do, if he exists. Theists can then ponder the consequences of our collective decision.

We all agree that reality is independent of the mind of the observer. A real thing is to be found outside the mind of whoever perceives it. Reality would have rules which you could not alter or bend. For example, I cannot cause a past event to repeat itself, or delete any event from history/time/memory. This is because these things are real and independent of me.

Would you say that anything is real in that way for God? Or is everything a product of his imagination?

If he has a reality, there are a few implications for his omnipotence, at the very least. If he imagines everything, including you and I, then none of us are real.

Contributions?

1 Like

Re: God's Reality by undercat: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
One implication of our being imagined by God is that every single one of the thoughts which you think are yours are actually God's. If this is true, I can authoritatively tell you right now that God may be having a headache.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/03/15 / End Time: Pastor Snatches Another Pastor Wife / The Stone David Used In Killing Goliath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.