Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,755 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria (1175 Views)

Chris Mba, Chris Okotie, Jide Obi, Felix Liberty In Live Concert Soon? / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by keeprockin: 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2009
with the absence of rock music sessions in our radio stations, one would be tempted to say there are no rock music fans in Nigeria, but the reverse is true. The reason why it seems like hip hop is the only music dominating here is because it is the cheapest in terms of concerting since it is mostly electronic. Rock cant be electronic, it must be live. It is the most lively music that ever existed in the history of music.
For songs like 'you are beautiful' by Jams blunt, fix you by Col Play, Always and have a nice day by Bon jovi, summer of 69 by brian Adams, black or white and dirty Diana by Micheal Jackson, whachu looking like that by westlife to have made the amount of waves they made in nija. it meant that there are rock fans in nigeria whether those fans are conscious of that fact or not.
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by Sabuni: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2009
Fan right here, though it depends which kind of rock, you know there are numerous catergories smiley
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by keeprockin: 11:22am On Jan 05, 2009
Well,
Should you know, I am a rock guitarist though i play for fun. I get worshiped every where I play because of the life in that style of playing. We are soon going to be rocking ''a la nigeriane'' like the french man would say.
Rock music is Rock music. I don't wanna be specific about any genre, All i know is that there are Rock music fans here.
a lot of Rock fans.
bYoB man and anything else, You are the man!
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by YEMINEM(m): 3:12am On Jan 20, 2009
hey guys, do ya know any1 who listens 2 heavy metal, post grunge, alt. rock. if ya know, hook me up

i listen to

ADEMA

THREE DAYS GRACE

LINKIN PARK

SLIP KNOT

SYSTEM OF A DOWN

KORN

CROSSFADE

BREAKING BENJAMIN

AVENGED SEVENFOLD

DISTURBED

STATIC - X

GODHEAD

PAPA ROACH

DEFTONES

ORGY

DRY CELL

EVANESCENCE

ABOVE LISTED ARE MY FAVOURITE,

I LISTEN TO OTHER GOOD ONES

email me: nme@rock.com

Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by smile4kenn(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2009
I am a big rock fan here

techo/trance is my clubbing favorite too
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by princesa(f): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2009
@poster
those music you mentioned at first are sure different from the rock i know
Rock dat i know is Demonic, Headache-causing and totally unsafe for health undecided
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by smile4kenn(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2009
@princess

Rock is what we need to refresh our mind

not demonic
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by princesa(f): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2009
doesent sound refreshing to me
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by londonbwoi(m): 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
i dont know if alot of people know this but some rock music such as heavy metal is associated with satanism, i know this because im surrounded by white kids in school that listen to this kind of stuff and if you listen to some of the lyrics you will understand what im talking about
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by princesa(f): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2009
exactly the point i have been trying to say
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by chasong(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2009
yawn
here it comes again, people who dont really know stuff spouting unthought out cliches
wat is satanic about rock,
wat is rock music, it music based on certain guitar passages as well as chord progression
and then lyrics, so tell me, where is satan in that, in playing chords or the use of multi-effect pedals?

lf you know nothing about something, find out FIRST before spewing words you cannot defend and that make you sound stupid
There is nothing like satanic or circular or christian MUSIC,
you can have music with satanic or circular or christian WORDS

rock is a style, and while you dance in church singing "Im trading my sorrow" , you are completely clueless that that is a rock-styled song

I tire for una,
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by princesa(f): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2009
duh undecided
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by YEMINEM(m): 3:42am On Feb 28, 2009
@princesa,
why do you so much 8 dat genre of music popularly known as 'rock'.

observing ur your trail of posts i realised 'poem' is your favourite thread where u love to hang out.

if u so much have this enormous distaste for rock music then what i don't seem to understand is how come u always know of any thread discussing rock just to drop acrimonious statement and expressing ur aversion towards it.

why posting discouraging speech for pliable minds who has no grudge for rock music in the first place. why dont you look at the good side of rock music, i am sure you will love it.

U need to erase ur miopic view on rock music, 73% of american movies are sweetned by the application of various sub-genre of rock music noy onlu as soundtracks but also score and end credit,

Matrix (P.O.D.)
Underworld (Agent Provocateur)
300 (NIN)
Alias - Season 4 or 5 (Deftones).
Miami Vice (Linkin Park)
e.t.c

I love rock music specificall hard rock because as for me they expand my imagination and fuel inspiration, improvise my creativity and lastly takes me into an unlimited my mind journey into world of abstracts and metaphysic. it can be tiring at times when i have listened for too long but the most beautifull part of it is, it allows one, especially a very keen listener to attribute and relate many aspect of life to it, not like rap and RnB which are just straight forward.

I hope u change and add to the growing ROCK community in Nigeria.

I recommend u start-off with EVANESCENCE and LINKIN PARK.

Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by princesa(f): 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2009
its a simple fact . . . . . . . i dont like that type of music . . good or bad
posting my distatste in any available thread discussing about it,
is trying to streghten my full distate of that genre of music
cos i am not a a hit and run type, or someone who is a hyprcrite . . . . preaching against something he/she is also a sinner at undecided

so all in all, you can call me myopic or what have you, i have no fire to strike back
the simple fact still remain that i hate that music with a passion and i have said it clearly loud for all to hear. . . . . cool

encouraging me to see the brighter side of it . . . . . is like throwing jewels to Pigs
so duh undecided
Re: Rock Music Is Gaining Grounds In Live Music Perfomance In Nigeria by YEMINEM(m): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2009
princesa:

its a simple fact . . . . . . . i dont like that type of music . . good or bad
posting my distatste in any available thread discussing about it,
is trying to streghten my full distate of that genre of music
cos i am not a a hit and run type, or someone who is a hyprcrite . . . . preaching against something he/she is also a sinner at undecided

so all in all, you can call me myopic or what have you, i have no fire to strike back
the simple fact still remain that i hate that music with a passion and i have said it clearly loud for all to hear. . . . . cool

encouraging me to see the brighter side of it . . . . . is like throwing jewels to Pigs
so duh undecided

don't you listen to music at all, if u do. what genre?

(1) (Reply)

Hottest Couples In Nollywood Industry / Song Lyrics / New Music: D’banj – Don’t Tell Me Nonsense (full Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.