Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls (2760 Views)

See What This Light Skinned Lady Wore To A Club (photo) / Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin And Abuses Dark-skinned Girls..lol / Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 05, 2009
People dey die to be light-skinned but let me tell you: be prepared to spend extra more to maintain your skin. You have to do double if not triple of what a dark skinned does to make their skin beautiful.

I dey laugh all those people who wan bleach.  grin grin grin

Oya when you get your light skin you'll know what I am talking about.

Scars won't go away easily and are always so evident.
Pimples are your life partners.
Skin imperfections are your soulmates.
Etc---

Do you still want to bleach?  grin
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by mohawkchic(f): 6:45am On Jan 05, 2009
michelin89:

People dey die to be light-skinned but let me tell you: be prepared to spend extra more to maintain your skin. You have to do double if not triple of what a dark skinned does to make their skin beautiful.

I dey laugh all those people who wan bleach.  grin grin grin

Oya when you get your light skin you'll know what I am talking about.

Scars won't go away easily and are always so evident.
Pimples are your life partners.
Skin imperfections are your soulmates.
Etc---

Do you still want to bleach?   grin

~Another Classic NL moment!! Shoot!! grin
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2009
What about the naturally light skinned women who have no such problems?
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by iice(f): 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2009
The ones wey dey hurry light, go put all the bleaching creams at once and burn themselves.
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2009
Oh ok. It should be a gradual process then? cheesy
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2009
spikedcylinder:

They are lucky!

But generally being light-skinned means having more skin challenges.
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by WesleyanA(f): 1:20am On Jan 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh ok. It should be a gradual process then?  cheesy

so pretty. I like ur big eyes and u have perfect eyebrows. jealous. lol
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by JJYOU: 2:06am On Jan 06, 2009
WesleyanA:

you like big eyes? is it light skinned. mitchelle, you want start another wahala thread this year
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2009
michelin89:

They are lucky!

But generally being light-skinned means having more skin challenges.

Err, I disagree. Your skin is your skin and it being one shade lighter/darker has nothing to do with luck. I'm dark and I don't think anyone who has lighter skin than me is "lucky". If I were light skinned, I'm sure I would have the same sentiments concerning the colour of my skin.

WesleyanA:

Awww. . . . thanks darling. I thought you went off nairaland for good? Nice seeing you around again. smiley
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Err, I disagree. Your skin is your skin and it being one shade lighter/darker has nothing to do with luck. I'm dark and I don't think anyone who has lighter skin than me is "lucky". If I were light skinned, I'm sure I would have the same sentiments concerning the colour of my skin.

What has this got to do with my post? Or didn't you see that my "They are lucky!

But generally being light-skinned means having more skin challenges." was referring to this comment by you?

spikedcylinder:

Wetin concern na who get better skin pass for the comment wey I make?

I guess all this while you were waiting for the right time to come and "claim" a skin battle in this thread, but sorry there is nothing like such.

The title says "The Dramas Of A Light-skinned girl", so here we are going to discuss about the skin problems girls with this skin tone generally have.

And this also goes to you JJYOU.
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by mohawkchic(f): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2009
michelin89:

The title says "The Dramas Of A Light-skinned girl", so here we are going to discuss about the skin problems girls with this skin tone generally have.

~Wouldnt it be wrong for us to assume "Skin Challenges of A Natural Light-Skin Individual" ? Several of my m8's & sis are light skin & am not aware of any Specific challenges they face b/c of their skin tone that is different to being dark!!

~Pimples looks just as horrible on dark skin as it is on light skin!! -Some Scars just as obvious regardless! -I personally belive Everyone's Skin is Different regardless of skin tone,some heal quickly,some not so easy to heal!!

~ Am all for slagging off the Wanna-Be-Light-Skin achieved by bleaching!! grin I think they get to face more challenges maintaining that skin tone & dealing w/ all sorts!!
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by oyinda3(f): 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2009
hey hey Spiked!!!
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2009
michelin89:

What has this got to do with my post? Or didn't you see that my "They are lucky!

But generally being light-skinned means having more skin challenges." was referring to this comment by you?

Wetin concern na who get better skin pass for the comment wey I make?

I guess all this while you were waiting for the right time to come and "claim" a skin battle in this thread, but sorry there is nothing like such.

And this also goes to you JJYOU.

Oh my, please calm down.

I was referring to your post about "natural light skinned girls being lucky" and the direct interpretation of my post was that they (the naturally light skinned girls) are no more "as lucky" as dark skinned girls.
Better now?
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2009
oyinda.:

hey hey Spiked!!! This is wes (I don't know how to change my username so i've created a new one). no more wes I guess.
Yeah I left nairaland because I've been busy. I'm on holiday break now so I'm free and hve nothing to do except watch tv, see old friends and go online. lol. nice talking to u again as well.

Oh, what was wrong with the WesleyA id? You just need a change of "environment" huh? good for ya! cheesy
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by kushi1: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2009
Yall 'Dark skin' wanabizzzz tongue
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Skidoc(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2009
Hi Spikey, I think you got MichelinA wrong there. What she means is that [b]light girls without spots [/b]are lucky--- and yeah, they are lucky indeed because, let's face it, spots tend to be more visible on light-skinned people. Because the colour of spots are usually brown or black, it blends with a dark girl's skin. So a dark girl who has fought some skin disease is more presentable than a light-skinned girl with the same problem. I'm not saying the spots won't show at all on the dark girl too, but it looks a lot better.  
On another note, I've also noticed that a white person with Acne problems looks more horrible than a black person with the same problem (especially looking from afar), simply because the spots are awfully visible on the white person's face. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks so though.
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2009
Skidoc:

Hi Spikey, I think you got MichelinA wrong there. What she means is that [b]light girls without spots [/b]are lucky--- and yeah, they are lucky indeed because, let's face it, spots tend to be more visible on light-skinned people. Because the colour of spots are usually brown or black, it blends with a dark girl's skin. So a dark girl who has fought some skin disease is more presentable than a light-skinned girl with the same problem. I'm not saying the spots won't show at all on the dark girl too, but it looks a lot better.  

I am going to reply you with your own words:

On another note, I've also noticed that a white person with Acne problems looks more horrible than a black person with the same problem (especially looking from afar)

smiley
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh my, please calm down.

I was referring to your post about "natural light skinned girls being lucky" and the direct interpretation of my post was that they (the naturally light skinned girls) are no more "as lucky" as dark skinned girls.
Better now?

I don't know what you are talking about. Besides you might want to read my comment again. And while you are at read this comment made by Skidoc twice and maybe you can drop your "I am for dark skinned even when there is no direct reference to them" attitude!

Skidoc:

On another note, I've also noticed that a white person with Acne problems looks more horrible than a black person with the same problem (especially looking from afar), simply because the spots are awfully visible on the white person's face. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks so though.

You definitely misinterpreted my words and I am starting to believe it was even deliberate because you are always so smart!
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 6:57am On Jan 08, 2009
michelin89:

I don't know what you are talking about. Besides you might want to read my comment again. And while you are at read this comment made by Skidoc twice and maybe you can drop your "I am for dark skinned even when there is no direct reference to them" attitude!

LOL. What makes you think I am dark skinned?
Your original post was supposed to be directed at light skinned girls who achieve theirs by bleaching but you seemed to catergorise both naturally light skinned girls and the bleached ones together, which was why I asked my first question on this thread. That being said, I believe I have addressed your "lucky" concerns.
Did you read what MHC (or even Skidoc for that matter) wrote in her post or you are just determined to be outright antagonistic?
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by mohawkchic(f): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL. What makes you think I am dark skinned? Your original post was supposed to be directed at light skinned girls who achieve theirs by bleaching but you seemed to catergorise both naturally light skinned girls and the bleached ones together, which was why I asked my first question on this thread. That being said, I believe I have addressed your "lucky" concerns.
Did you read what MHC (or even Skidoc for that matter) wrote in her post or you are just determined to be outright antagonistic?

~ grin Yes M'am smiley See grammar dis early morning cheesy
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by iice(f): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh ok. It should be a gradual process then?  cheesy

LMAO!
Well i was only remembering an aunt back home (more like the mom of my ex)
The woman no get anything to do except shop and bleach. Her face has patches of different shades and textures
Same for her neck.

I agree with MC on it's more the type of skin than the color/shade.
It's like saying darker skin is prone to keloids (so i've heard) but it's not true.
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ spike

Whatever!

@ Skidoc

You are right. I have also noticed the same thing. Imperfections are better hidden when someone is darkskinned and besides they are even less prone to skin problems. Maybe the light ones are more sensitive to external agents. I for example get nasty bumps on my forehead just after a short exposure to the sun.
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by mukina2: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
Some naturally light skinned girls  are better but when they start applying all kinds of gels, soaps, washes, then they start looking bad, with all kinds of skin blemishes angry.

I hate it when some feet  resemble pig's feet with all the criss/cross of stretch marks and they still continue  applying gels. I love the African sun it teaches them a lesson, because their skin burns  and they resemble expired leather grin grin

Nowadays only few Naturally light-skinned chics stay the way they are, they do not experiment and  they look good like my laydee kiss kiss

Mitch when you fair? grin

at the end of the black is beautiful tongue
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by spikedcylinder: 7:46am On Jan 09, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ grin Yes M'am smiley See grammar this early morning cheesy

Lol. Na you sabi. tongue

michelin89:

@ spike

Whatever!

Ok then. smiley
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2009
mukina2:

Some naturally light skinned girls  are better but when they start applying all kinds of gels, soaps, washes, then they start looking bad, with all kinds of skin blemishes angry.

I hate it when some feet  resemble pig's feet with all the criss/cross of stretch marks and they still continue  applying gels. I love the African sun it teaches them a lesson, because their skin burns  and they resemble expired leather grin grin

Nowadays only few Naturally light-skinned chics stay the way they are, they do not experiment and  they look good like my laydee kiss kiss

Mitch when you fair? grin

at the end of the black is beautiful tongue

I know it doesn't come out in my pics but, although I am not what you would define as a yellow paw paw, I am kind of light. If you doubt it i'll send you the colour of my finger to confirm! grin
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Pepeye(f): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2009
For some of us, who‘re naturally endowed with being light skinned

We’ve got no drama at all!  We come in all shades and variations . . .

we sure aren’t identical. . . for some it’s a battle to being fair

Skinned “Yellow” 

Basically I’ve got no fixation on my skin,

I m not so big on creme nor  lotions albeit I’m a fair skinned gurl

Once in awhile there cud be one or two pimples in the monthly

but it actually disappears after a day or two, no big deal

However, for some, it’s a diff ball game, for those who painstakingly

want to be YELLOW, it’s a real drama for them. . .

It’s actually pathetic; an inferiority complex if u ask me
some look good with it while for some, it’s a horrible sight to behold embarassed

I guess different strokes for diff people
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Gamine(f): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2009
undecided
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by sillyme(f): 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2009
i am natually light skinned and have suffered from acne before and still have a few marks, but they are quite faint now. i don't think its fair to talk about how difficult our skin can be. yes , some of us do have a more uneven complexion than our dark skinned sisters but i am proud of my skin colour. it is natural and all mine. i was teased by some dark girls and even accused of bleaching infront of all our friends (when my acne was at its worst). i now realise that it stemmed from her own insecurities. good skin is healthy skin. dark skin can be bloody gorgeous too. my bf has dark skin and i get lost looking at it sometimes and my cousin is one of the prettiest girls i know with perfect dark skin. i wish we could stop all this hate. my bf even gets accused of going out with me cos of my skintone but that is not the case at all. i do not agree with skin bleaching cos you will get red and green and look like an ogre eventually but pls don't put down natuarlly light skinned sisters even if they have skin problems. thanks
Re: The Drama Of Light-skinned Girls by Tattooist: 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
Hi,

Looking for a tattoo artist based in Nigeria. Are there any out there? Holla back.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Waist Bead/waist Chain? / Upcoming Nairaland Fashion Designer(my Catalogue) / WOW! Have You Seen Mark Zuckerberg's Wardrobe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.