Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo (139218 Views)

See What This Light Skinned Lady Wore To A Club (photo) / Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin And Abuses Dark-skinned Girls..lol / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
Enough of all the overhyped tales of how awesome shea butter is to the skin. Cooooooollll story. Well maybe for dark skinned, chocolate people not light skinned. After 3 months of taking my time to rub shea butter and coconut oil. You will hate wat u see. Those shii are poos.. They make u look shinny when using them, but pls if you wanto know how useless it is just stop it completely for 2wks to a month. U go fear fear. Rubbish oils, now that they have turned a fair me to burnt chocolate, i dont even know what else to do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by braine(m): 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
This is true• Even a dark person like me got totally burnt looking• Shea butter is overrated jare•
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Tholudee(f): 6:33am On Dec 08, 2013
Na tru talk o, na afta I started using it on my face I had pimples...I suffered ehnn

3 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2013
The stupid thing just spoil fine boy, i dont even no how to remedy myself.
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Aliciakeys(f): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2013
VOTE FOR ALICIAKEYS aka RINNY....
I really need your vote, your vote will
definitely count in making me be
CAMPUSPEEPS FACE OF THE YEAR..... Please,
please, please and please, vote for me, your
vote is the ladder with which I will use to
reach the crown. MY NAME IS "RINNY" on
the MODEL BOARD STEPS TO VOTE.... 1)
Register at www.campuspeeps.com/
register.php?ref=rinny 2)View her profile at
http://campuspeeps.com/post.php?id=4166
3) Cast your vote on the contest's voting
board at http://campuspeeps.com/
post.php?id=4146 Format for voting;
"VOTING FOR CONESTANT 3; Rinny" Voting
starts today, Monday, 9th December 2013
and ends on Sunday, 15th December
2013.... Thanks and God bless as you vote
and help me win the crown.. Remember;
YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by lepasharon(f): 2:27am On Dec 11, 2013
Wow :owow..this is not the first time in hearing this about shea butter makng someone darker... I've been using it for over 2 yrs now and I was told it was supposed to make ur skn complexion even,but so far I have just noticed that it moisturizes well,maybe ill stop undecided but it takes a while to work apparently undecidedIts supposed o get rid of hyperpigmentation

3 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by icebebe(f): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2013
grin tnk God we plenty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
icebebe: grin tnk God we plenty

Hahaha.. So me too aint alone. But how do we change dis na, me that everybody in my street use to call yelow paw paw, now even blind people call me choco milo
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by 9jagirl4re(f): 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
macklef:

Hahaha.. So me too aint alone. But how do we change dis na, me that everybody in my street use to call yelow paw paw, now even blind people call me choco milo
Does it matter if your darker now? How does your skin texture look? If you go out in the sun with those oils it will darken you of course, shea butter and coconut oil attracts the sun. What were you using before?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
9jagirl4re: Does it matter if your darker now? How does your skin texture look? If you go out in the sun with those oils it will darken you of course, shea butter and coconut oil attracts the sun. What were you using before?
Hmm, to me it matters o. People that know me before now always ask me whats my problem, u no asif am suffering.. i used skin light lotion before,it helped with reducing my pimples,so i abandoned it for the shea butter stuff to help with eradicating pimples finally as dey made us believe onhere. Yes i used it in the sun sha,esp coconut oil. It shines in the sun. I never knew it was doing boju boju for me. Can you help?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by mariM(f): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by 9jagirl4re(f): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
macklef:
Hmm, to me it matters o. People that know me before now always ask me whats my problem, u no asif am suffering.. i used skin light lotion before,it helped with reducing my pimples,so i abandoned it for the shea butter stuff to help with eradicating pimples finally as dey made us believe onhere. Yes i used it in the sun sha,esp coconut oil. It shines in the sun. I never knew it was doing boju boju for me. Can you help?
Shea butter will not diminish pimples in fact it may worsen the condition because it is for dry skin. Most is done from the inside first lessen oily food that is fried drinks lots of water and eat raw fruits and veggies like Carrots and Cucumbers or Banana and Mango's.

Crush up some aspirin and use it as a paste. Crush up a pill or two of aspirin and mix it with just enough water to form a paste. With a Q-Tip or your hands, apply the paste onto individual pimples, leaving to dry.
Why does aspirin work? Aspirin has salicylic acid in it, which is what most topical acne treatments use to bust up acne-causing bacteria. Salicylic acid dries out pimples and fights the bacteria simultaneously.

Skin lightening lotion is not really good to use because after you stop using it you will get darker always. Using it for a long time will damage your skin for sure. It is suppose to be used to correct hyper pigmentation, and to even the skin tone, but if you wear it in the sun it can damage your skin.

Cut a lemon in half and gently rub the open-side of the lemon onto the acne. The stinging feeling means it's working. Lemons contain citric acid, which attacks the bacteria that cause acne.
Citric acid can bleach the skin as well but puts it at significantly higher likelihood of sun damage/darkening if you wear it in the sun. Use this method at night.

6 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 12:09am On Dec 12, 2013
9jagirl4re: Shea butter will not diminish pimples in fact it may worsen the condition because i is for dry skin. Most is done from the inside first lessen oily food that is fried drinks lots of water and eat raw fruits and veggies like Carrots and Cucumbers or Banana and Mango's.

Crush up some aspirin and use it as a paste. Crush up a pill or two of aspirin and mix it with just enough water to form a paste. With a Q-Tip or your hands, apply the paste onto individual pimples, leaving to dry.
Why does aspirin work? Aspirin has salicylic acid in it, which is what most topical acne treatments use to bust up acne-causing bacteria. Salicylic acid dries out pimples and fights the bacteria simultaneously.

Skin lightening lotion is not really good to use because after you stop using it you will get darker always. Using it for a long time will damage your skin for sure. It is suppose to be used to correct hyper pigmentation, and to even the skin tone, but if you wear it in the sun it can damage your skin.

Cut a lemon in half and gently rub the open-side of the lemon onto the acne. The stinging feeling means it's working. Lemons contain citric acid, which attacks the bacteria that cause acne.
Citric acid can bleach the skin as well but puts it at significantly higher likelihood of sun damage/darkening if you wear it in the sun. Use this method at night.

Hmmmm, nairaland amazes me attimes. People take stress to be explicit enough when you ask for their help despite how much typing sucks. Thanks much, i apprec8, but my acne aint my p now o, wen i had pimples den alot of my female friends do help out in picking dem, i enjoyed their soft hands but apart from my female friends oda girls do not send me o. Lol. See that yeye pimples boy is coming.
Now that my skin is looking all dull n brown its even worse sef. I dont even feel myself physically, its so anoying. What can i doto get back to my old self n overturn this shea butter poo. I think it overclogged my skin cos nothing works. Whats ur advice

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
@poster, get Nivea Fair Body Lotion! I tell you, it's the best. It will give you back you your natural colour. Just try it, within a week, you'l start seeing changes, and a month after, you're back where you belong. Iv lost my natural complexion(sort of fair with an orange undertone) twice, and used it twice as well to get it back. And it worked!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by icebebe(f): 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
pls oooo wat do i use fr ma face,i notice somfin lik eczma/cream reaction,av used.skinnel buh still d same story.do u av any idea wat i suld use?pls help
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by hafi(f): 6:11am On Dec 14, 2013
These oils are awesome actually. Due to our very sunny weater it would darken any user. I always advice using at night or avoid too much exposure in the sun if you can help i t. These oils in soaps won't darken because you would ave to rinse off after bathing. We need oils to soften, mositurise and reduce wrinkles
Stop using it in the day time and use a safe ligtening cream. Or just use a regular one. You wouldn't want skin damage due to using so called ligtening creams that could prove dangerous to the skin.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ezeed: @poster, get Nivea Fair Body Lotion! I tell you, it's the best. It will give you back you your natural colour. Just try it, within a week, you'l start seeing changes, and a month after, you're back where you belong. Iv lost my natural complexion(sort of fair with an orange undertone) twice, and used it twice as well to get it back. And it worked!

Hmmm.. Thanks very much. But didnt u do any kind of exfoliation before use? And which shop in lagos did u get it? Cos original hard to find.
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=icebebe

Try funbact-A
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
@Maclef, no, i didnt do any form of exfoliation first. And sorry, I dont stay in Lagos, but if the case as you said is that originals are hard to find, then I guess it would be safer for you to go get it in a good supermarket.
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Mamacita007(f): 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
its very true ooo. all these shea butter, cocoa butter & nivea makes one black. i thought it was just me. the main thing that you should always have is sunblock

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by lepasharon(f): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
So what cream should I start using now

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Melinde: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
can any one tell me about this cream (Neutrotone), how good or bad is the cream?
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
To me i think u should forget, self cosmetology. See a cosmetologist or dematologist. Its their job to advice you. I saw one sure one on tv. I can add it up for u

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by lechiffre: 2:22am On Dec 19, 2013
BEAUTY BEING USEFUL!!!!
Imagine having an exciting high-paying job as a professional model. Imagine walking down a runway at a designer fashion show, or having your photo taken for your favorite magazine.
As a model you may have the opportunity to travel to beautiful locations, be pampered, attend events with celebrities, and earn thousands of naira a day.

FOLLOW THE LINK
koboheights./2013/12/06/modelling/

Or contact us at koboheights on 232E12C2
Innovation is mission critical
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by tr3y(m): 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
Maintaining light complexion in nigeria is not easy at all, the sun done gimme uneven complexion maybe I should try this shea butter of a thing just to turn chocolate.

2 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 11:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
tr3y: Maintaining light complexion in nigeria is not easy at all, the sun done gimme uneven complexion maybe I should try this shea butter of a thing just to turn chocolate.
Hehehe, burnt chocolate u mean?
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by tr3y(m): 12:12am On Dec 20, 2013
macklef:
Hehehe, burnt chocolate u mean?

LOL Noo not burnt chocolate!!
Joking
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by girlkell(f): 3:37am On Dec 20, 2013
macklef: Enough of all the overhyped tales of how awesome shea butter is to the skin. Cooooooollll story. Well maybe for dark skinned, chocolate people not light skinned. After 3 months of taking my time to rub shea butter and coconut oil. You will hate wat u see. Those shii are poos.. They make u look shinny when using them, but pls if you wanto know how useless it is just stop it completely for 2wks to a month. U go fear fear. Rubbish oils, now that they have turned a fair me to burnt chocolate, i dont even know what else to do.
Shearbutter didn't do anything to you, you now burnt cholocate is all ur fault.. You got darkened and burnt by the sun, the sun protection in sheaB isn't high enough to protect u from sun UV rays that's why people use SUNCREENS, shea butter is really good it just takes time n patients... You hv to use virgin cold pressed coconut oil not the refined one...

9 Likes

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
macklef: Enough of all the overhyped tales of how awesome shea butter is to the skin. Cooooooollll story. Well maybe for dark skinned, chocolate people not light skinned. After 3 months of taking my time to rub shea butter and coconut oil. You will hate wat u see. Those shii are poos.. They make u look shinny when using them, but pls if you wanto know how useless it is just stop it completely for 2wks to a month. U go fear fear. Rubbish oils, now that they have turned a fair me to burnt chocolate, i dont even know what else to do.
thank God i saw this on time..almost started using it *sigh
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
T.swaggs:

Lol. U for hear whin.
Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by tr3y(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
T.swaggs:

My conclusion is if you want to use it don't go out in the sun!!! Because the sun will react with the oil and make you more darker!!

1 Like

Re: Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo by macklef(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
tr3y:

My conclusion is if you want to use it don't go out in the sun!!! Because the sun will react with the oil and make you more darker!!

Thats my greatest mistake tho, i thought i was MR SHINE, whenever i used it religiously when going out. Now i no what the word DARKness really mean. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies / Skin Toning Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.