Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper (14962 Views)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 / Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 14, 2015
The Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Prof. Charles Ayo, has hinted that the school may likely reduce its tuition fees in a bid to accommodate more students who will want to benefit from the quality education it offers.

Addressing a news conference on Friday over the school’s recent Webometrics ranking as the first in Nigeria and West Africa and the 15th in Africa, he said even though there is no actual date for the likely review yet, the initiative would make admission into the school more affordable and competitive.

He explained that apart from the fact the Chancellor of the school, Dr. David Oyedepo, had already thought about it, the school management also had plans to increase its internally generated revenue so as to augment its income, which would make the review easy.

He said, “Going by the thinking of the proprietor and chancellor, the commission is thinking of reducing the fees with a view to allowing more people to be able to benefit from the quality education that we have here, but it’s going to be highly competitive.

“This may affect us because we would need to work more on our IGR, but we are up to the task. The beauty of it all is to be able to leave it open to all, however, we are mindful of our carrying capacity, which will only engender stiff competition before anybody would be able to get admission.

“By the next academic session, the university will be going into production of certain items and looking at our projection on the adventure, we are going to be raking in billions, which will supplement our income and with that, we can be sure that the fees would be reducing gradually, which also shows that education venture is not necessarily about profit-making but about service to humanity.”

The vice-chancellor explained that with the recently released Webometrics Ranking of February 10, 2015, “Covenant University is now the first among all the universities in Nigeria and West Africa and the 15th in Africa.

“Last year, we were the second in Nigeria and 25th in Africa, but now we have improved greatly, and this is because we came in with a view to introducing a change, which was a clear departure from what others do, therefore, this feat and many others do not really come as a surprise to us.”

Webometrics Ranking is the ranking of about 2,500 institutions in the world based on their web presence, impact, presence, openness and excellence.

Source:http://www.punchng.com/news/covenant-university-may-reduce-tuition-soon-vc/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by absoluteSuccess: 6:46am On Feb 14, 2015
Thats good news.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by ekkywolex(m): 6:50am On Feb 14, 2015
Hope it will be affordable for more people...good one
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Aspireahead(m): 7:06am On Feb 14, 2015
this is pure economics.
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by ejikeme(m): 7:43am On Feb 14, 2015
reduce tuition fees and take in more students. they will still balance their account na.

17 Likes

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 14, 2015
Hope the review would be downsized the way Lasu downsized its fees.

Nice development,at least churches are built to show love..

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by gen2briz(m): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2015
They're also planning like our current federal government.....
When then reduce am, make them publish am.
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Maczeelly(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2015
#gud4dem

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by korel9: 9:47am On Feb 14, 2015
It's high time they did undecided
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by tizz04(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2015
Even if na free guy I no de. Go dat skool na anoda boarding skool b dat

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by chinchong: 9:47am On Feb 14, 2015
#in dame jonathan voice# on behalf of seun osewa, i donate nairaland for God use.

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Ishilove: 9:48am On Feb 14, 2015
I wonder if after the reduction the common man will be able to afford it...
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by lilprinze: 9:48am On Feb 14, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Vicotex(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2015
dem don dey lack new students that's why dem wan reduce the price.

11 Likes

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by inevitableme(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2015
Hope it will rili benefit the less poor fellow
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Whizzdom(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2015
Covenant University Straight .............. grin grin grin grin

If i hear
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by watered(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2015
Pls dey should be fast. E be like say dis my boy go enter dat university sef.

#GodWin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by allanphash7(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2015
is that a campaign or what

smh for covenant university

covenant university ko covenant child ni

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by dridowu: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2015
I am feeling sleeping
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by chamboy(m): 9:51am On Feb 14, 2015
Campaigning for GEJ ni ehn
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2015
Plans? Theifery school. Whats the difference Btw them and FG?
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by hrykanu231(m): 9:52am On Feb 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 14, 2015
To how much?
15,000 naira?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 14, 2015
Ishilove:
I wonder if after the reduction the common man will be able to afford it...

Common man? Lolz, don't hold your breath bruh.

Common men in nig dey riot when tuition fee is increased from 15k to 30k. How will they be able to afford at least over half a million Naira?

Lool
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by searay(m): 9:53am On Feb 14, 2015
angry angry cool embarassed kiss
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by flipboss(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2015
tooor!
Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by clubone0502: 9:55am On Feb 14, 2015
I think the school is worth it's fees...Everyone I have met and had dealings with who attended that school. ...are all sound. ..I respect.

My covenant client. .I don give u guys free hype now....

I appreciate your business.

Oya keep the orders coming in.

call or whatsapp

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by izu777: 9:55am On Feb 14, 2015
Even at the reduced fee it will still be expensive

Serial rapist bags 97 years in jail
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3223-serial-rapist-bags-97-years-in-jail

Re: Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 14, 2015
convenant nursery and pry school

modified

yeah I made it
@ltc:last to comment

wow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biodun Ogunyemi: Some Lecturers Not Qualified To Be In Varsities / Senate Suspends JAMB 3-Year Validity Plan / JAMB 2017 UTME 16th May - Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.