Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland (884 Views)

Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business / Understanding Timing In Job Search In Nigeria / See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 14, 2015
The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland

1) The Advert or Vacancy comes out
-Bloggers rush to publicize it on Nairaland with links to their blog for application info.
-The Good Samaritans and the experienced folks who feel like giving back announce the full info with one or two tips sef.
-The Odes who won’t pay attention to detail keep asking am I eligible to apply, please how can I apply?

2) Preparations
-The sharp minds research the job role, check out tips from past threads on Nairaland and brush up rehearsing on their GMAT
-The Go-with-the-crowd crew who don’t even know anything about the job role or have ever opened Gmat in their entire life keep asking the whole word to send them past questions and what they are to expect. The keep at asking until hours before the test sef.
-The Johnny-just-come crew who were previously too busy or care free to apply ask: can we gate crash?

3) After (first batch of) Aptitude Test
- The Smart formidable kids who read extensively and were well prepared are happy about their performance and are excited about the possible results.
-The Mumus be like: God punish Dragnet-Workforce, e no go better for them for giving me 20 questions to answer in only 20 minutes. (Forgetting that from time immemorial that has always been the standard!)
-The people with Bibles in their heads instead of brains be like “I fasted for this, it is surely my time, God will do it for me”.
-The unprepared second batch people be like: “abeg how many questions? what questions were asked?

4) Interview/Assesement Center time
-The Sharp kids search Nairaland for tips from past sets and browse the web for interview secrets; rehearsing possible interview questions many times over.
-The Johnny just come crew ask: Please when did you apply?
-The Thread quietens out as the herd is gone and only the serious folks stay to exchange useful tips.

Choose today which class you will belong to from among the several described. The power dey your hand. Start today and make hay while the sun shines. Good luck!

Moderator Sticky this and Front page please!
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 14, 2015
This was shared with those who earlier contacted me for GMAT info:

99% of the aptitude tests that you'll ever write in your life will be based around questions from quantitative aptitude, verbal aptitude and logic/abstract reasoning. That's where the attachment comes into play (Total download size is about 5MB). It shows you how to work through all possible types of questions from scratch. And there are also practice tests at the end for you to do and score yourself. (I've also attached 3 separate abstract reasoning/logic tests as that seems to be missing from GMAT).

And so it goes without saying that you should read your GMAT thoroughly so you're formidable when the opportunity presents itself. In addition religiously follow www[dot]hotnigerianjobs[dot]com and you'll be constantly updated on job openings

Do these two things with all seriousness and in a year's time you'd surely have made progress.

Also check out the job section of www.nairaland.com for tips on recruitment for any particular job as nothing is new under the sun and many before you have walked that path. And be sure to make use of Google search function to research information from way back. For example type this into the google search bar:

"site:nairaland.com Guinness diageo assessment"

And then you can further refine by date (click on search tools, and then the "Any time" drop down).

Please don't procrastinate. You have so much free time on your hands now. Push yourself to focus and slowly but steadily build yourself for the long run. Don't make the mistakes we did. Experience is honestly the best teacher. Good luck!
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by sholay2011(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
Shame on you OP! You stole the FTC space...on your own thread o! angry

Your writeup is on point though.

1 Like

Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by unofficial(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
5) The Offer letter stage

-The lucky ones say, Offer Letters rolling in and the not-so-lucky ones will be like, how was it sent?, through SMS or Mail; (like it matters); did you get a call from 0135****?, I just missed a call from that number.gringringringrin

Happy Val Yall

1 Like

Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Maczeelly(m): 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2015
Fp
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by reaky(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
Op is wicked grin

1 Like

Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Godisnear(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
OP why? how could you? That FTC that you stole, there is god o.......
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
unofficial:
5) The Offer letter stage

-The lucky ones say, Offer Letters rolling in and the not-so-lucky ones will be like, how was it sent?, through SMS or Mail; (like it matters); did you get a call from 0135****?, I just missed a call from that number.gringringringrin

Happy Val Yall

See wickedness shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by crudedude(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nice write up OP.

There's also the waiting stage. That's when some people freak out when the recruitment process takes too long. You see comments like "Good or bad, I just want to know where I stand" "Has your status changed to awaiting interview?" "These people are not serious!" "who has their CC's number?"

All is well.

1 Like

Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by crudedude(m): 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
mbok chukux2, where that 5MB file dey? I for like scope am too cool
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 15, 2015
crudedude:
mbok chukux2, where that 5MB file dey? I for like scope am too cool

Go to my profile and click "Send E-Mail Message To chukux2" will hit you back with it ASAP
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 15, 2015
Hahahahaha...I think I knw where I belong grin
Re: The Job Cycle Or Job Search Stages You’ll See On Nairaland by KIDorazulume(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2015
I was here.
Funny but interesting thread

(1) (Reply)

Available Job Openings / Urgent Vacancies In A Multi-sector Multinational / Are You Still Unemployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.