Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is It Possible To Delete All Old Topics On Nairaland? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Possible To Delete All Old Topics On Nairaland? (787 Views)

10 Things To Delete From Your Cv/resume Immediately / Great Job Vacancies For All Old And Fresh Graduates Now Abound / New Hot Jobs For All Old And Fresh Graduates Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Delete All Old Topics On Nairaland? by sparta(f): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2009
Seun

Hi
Happy new year,  I pray you get  all your heart desires for this year. I have observed lately that there are so many old post on nairaland. I will like to know if it is possible to delete all old post till november 2008 that is if there are no negative implications.  I mean just do a thorough clean up. Its a new year and it will be nice if we start afresh. Nairaland used to be an embodiment of correct and recent information but now its so full of old, stale and false information (scammers are not in anyway helping matters but dont let them discourage you ,God will give you wisdom on how to deal with them). I respect this forum a lot and i will be glad if it can be what it used to be again. Its just a suggestion though.

Cheerio
cheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Delete All Old Topics On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 05, 2009
Of what use is a forum if you don't have access to old posts.
I think the better thing to do would be to Archive old posts. Deleting them is not right.
Re: Is It Possible To Delete All Old Topics On Nairaland? by sparta(f): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2009
Of what use is a forum if you don't have access to old posts.
I think the better thing to do would be to Archive old posts. Deleting them is not right.

Well if that is the best thing to do ,fine but are all old topics relevant especially in the job/vacancy section ?
Re: Is It Possible To Delete All Old Topics On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2009
My dear, that's the beauty of the WWW.
Someone might come back 20 yrs after looking for a particular post (or job posting that gave him/her a career).
As long as there is no storage issue, archiving is the way to go.
Maybe you can volunteer to archive old posts? wink

(1) (Reply)

Is There No Chemist In The House / Vacancies / Veglobal Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.