Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan (34201 Views)

Cost Of Building Twins 2 Bedroom Flat / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. / Cost Of Building 2 Flat Of 3 Bedroom Each In IBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by flexxydo: 5:28am On Mar 05, 2016
@Yak....sorry for the late response. .the estimate is for 2 flats, the 20 pieces of approval I guess I do not know that is either as I am not physically around to see what's going on there.
Infact the project is now at lintel level.
All I see is pictures that were been sent to meveryone day by day as work goes on.
I just need the house to advice on roofing this project
Like cost of wood , types of wood good for roofing and aluminum step tiles for roofing.
Thanks appreciate your response.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by yak(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
congrats bro. whats ur expenses like so far
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by flexxydo: 1:58am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Hafeesuccess: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
@bettercreature
Kindly send me your mobile number as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by bettercreature(m): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hafeesuccess:
@bettercreature
Kindly send me your mobile number as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Noboby can give you accurate cost at the moment,prizes of everything has skyrocketed so i will advice you to start your building then take on every stage one after the other
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by micbjrex(m): 5:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Hi all,
I just did german floor (21.425m x 10.400m) for my house. Now I want to to do the flooring/german floor for the compound (9.600m x 4.600m) about 4-6 inch thickness
How much do you think I will spend for materials and labor? What about labor for fixing PVC ceiling a twin 3 bedroom flats (6 rooms in total) and includes corridors, passages, porches?
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by haywire07(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
bettercreature:
firstly its going to cost you multiply by 4,secondly they will need to dig part of it again during plumbing and wiring,people dont really get it, you dont need german floor if its bongalow its a waste of resources,you can do it later after roofing,When i say engineers are ass-hole i mean,they charge multiply by 2 of the actual amount and they sometimes causes procastination because looking at their quotation,you would be thinking the money you have can not build you a house,they are mainly for wealthy people and politicians beside some brick-layers are better than some engineers

Sm1 already seconded so ..
Thirded

For bungalows you can simply lay your dpc along the wall course alone to prevent capillary action. Laying DPC/german floor is for story buildings, damp site or a wealthy client . cool
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Larwin(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good to see people putting up structures in ibadan.
Don't forget to contact me for your borehole drilling and geophysical investigations.

micbjrex, damizee, flexxydo, ricki, cityNG, mufutau55, nycobama and others.... God will give you all speed to complete your projects

Cheers
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by mufutau55(m): 12:41am On Jul 05, 2016
Larwin:

Good to see people putting up structures in ibadan.
Don't forget to contact me for your borehole drilling and geophysical investigations.

micbjrex, damizee, flexxydo, ricki, cityNG, mufutau55, nycobama and others.... God will give you all speed to complete your projects
Cheers

Noted o, Oga mi.

Hajji M.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Larwin(m): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
mufutau55:

Noted o, Oga mi.

Hajji M.

Smile, thanks my boss. wink
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by olumide4christ: 12:05am On Jul 06, 2016
haywire07:

Sm1 already seconded so ..
Thirded

For bungalows you can simply lay your dpc along the wall course alone to prevent capillary action. Laying DPC/german floor is for story buildings, damp site or a wealthy client . cool

[b]@THE BOLDED....Please could you tell us where you got that conclusion from??

That statement is grossly erroneous, infact, all the reasons you gave for needing a DPC/German floor are WRONG!! It will sound funny to everyone who learnt construction as a profession.

FOR THE RECORDS....German floor/DPC should be constructed immediately after the filling in foundation has been completed and compacted.

Not doing a DPC in this way will result in the following:

1. Cracks at the joints between floor and walls arising from Uneven/differential settlement - This occurs due to the fact that the concrete floor is not cast monolithic, as it should normally be, but rather the concrete is poured in in the room spaces. Thus when the building begins to settle (they always do), the foundation walls at a different rate compared to the floor, cracks are inevitable.

2. Influx of termites, scorpions, and other insects into the rooms through the cracks mentioned in 1 above.

3. Ingress of water and moisture into the rooms through the gaps into the rooms, spoiling paints and wall screeding.

I hope this well explains the issue.[/b]
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by haywire07(m): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2016
olumide4christ:
[/b]

[b]@THE BOLDED....Please could you tell us where you got that conclusion from??

That statement is grossly erroneous, infact, all the reasons you gave for needing a DPC/German floor are WRONG!! It will sound funny to everyone who learnt construction as a profession.

FOR THE RECORDS....German floor/DPC should be constructed immediately after the filling in foundation has been completed and compacted.

Not doing a DPC in this way will result in the following:

1. Cracks at the joints between floor and walls arising from Uneven/differential settlement - This occurs due to the fact that the concrete floor is not cast monolithic, as it should normally be, but rather the concrete is poured in in the room spaces. Thus when the building begins to settle (they always do), the foundation walls at a different rate compared to the floor, cracks are inevitable.

2. Influx of termites, scorpions, and other insects into the rooms through the cracks mentioned in 1 above.

3. Ingress of water and moisture into the rooms through the gaps into the rooms, spoiling paints and wall screeding.

I hope this well explains the issue.[/b]

Of course ,all you just listed above are undoubted phenomenons ( seems like u revisited your books ..lol) but I'll tell you there are many ways to catch a monkey.

May I know how you deal with a "not very wealthy client" without losing them ? cool
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by olumide4christ: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2016
haywire07:

Of course ,all you just listed above are undoubted phenomenons ( seems like u revisited your books ..lol) but I'll tell you there are many ways to catch a monkey.

May I know how you deal with a "not very wealthy client" without losing them ? cool

Which would you prefer - losing a not so wealthy client who wants you to cut corners to achieve his /her objectives OR
Doing his/her bidding & dragging your name, integrity & profession in the mud for the sake of some coins??
You Decide for yourself!

Don't know if you are a qualified professional in any field but it is a fact that all professions have their standards and ethics & every practicing member of such professions should stand by such standards. As such, it is against engineering standards to omit a German floor/DPC at foundation stage. Ask any COREN registered engineer if you have any doubts!

Besides know for a fact that there is no cost savings in omitting a DPC at the foundation stage. The layman thinks there is but unfortunately there isn't- all they get are unwanted problems in future leading to unnecessary additional expenses.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Kinsh(f): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
It just got interesting cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Miller1: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
GOOD DAY
Please I have a question. Is there any reason for using 9" blocks instead of 6" on a bungalow. are there any advantages.
and should d 6" be hollow or solid
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by Kenosas: 5:53am On Apr 09, 2017
Hi, Buddy.
Pls,i really need help from my country people,it is about my uncompleted building,though now it is the roofing stage,i want to know from people that know how!
(1)what cost can roof twins, 3bedroom flats(3 rooms,setting room,dinning,kitchen,and 4 toilets into two like this)i want to know the cost of different roofing materials roofing sheet?

(2)how much will it cost to put the ceiling that will complete this flats?

(3)and the cost of doors and sliding window, plumbing and electricity materials cost?
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by donemitex1: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2017
This thread cannot be allowed to die like this. The gentleman that started it, please give us updates on the building project.
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by donemitex1: 5:54am On Apr 13, 2017
Please tell us how much you spent to do the German floor, including cost of materials
micbjrex:
Hi all,
I just did german floor (21.425m x 10.400m) for my house. Now I want to to do the flooring/german floor for the compound (9.600m x 4.600m) about 4-6 inch thickness
How much do you think I will spend for materials and labor? What about labor for fixing PVC ceiling a twin 3 bedroom flats (6 rooms in total) and includes corridors, passages, porches?
Re: Cost Of Building Twins Flat Of 3 Bedrooms In Ibadan by mcoamite(m): 12:18am On Aug 23, 2017
hello Nairalanders, I need help in getting Labour cost for plastering a 4 bedroom bungalow in Ibadan
Or you can recommend someone or the Togo Guys for me
Email: oam1987@yahoo.com
Phone: 07039391987

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Hilltop 6 Flats Of 2 Bedroom Flats Construction / Lagos Demolishes Some Properties In Banana Island For Flouting Building Laws / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.