Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,529 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (21894 Views)

How Often Do Your Church Read Song Of Solomon? / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by abraka00(f): 8:11am On Feb 15, 2015
Clearly you are not a christian. You hardly publish anything on islam. Anyway, Song of Solomon is mostly used during wedding ceremonies. Sometimes it is used for the renewal of love or marital vows. Song of Solomon is almost about love.
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Lol..... it's so deep, i copied my first love letter from there.

Kai SMH, you've been a bad pikin for along time grin

Uhmm, maybe I did too *hides my head * "kiss me with the kisses of your mouth for your love is sweeter than wine bla bla bla " kid stuff! grin grin
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Bokoharam: 8:15am On Feb 15, 2015
Christianity is about Christ. Jesus has nothing to do with Solomon. Solomon was said to have wisdom. The best his wisdom could fetch him was 300 wives and 700 concubines.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by samsard(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2015
darksuit:
We have a little sister and she has no b®easts...
I remember a teaching centered around that verse, the topic was about "identity" and one of the best I ever heard. Some of the holier than thou pastors consider it erotic or sensual.
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Kingsasian(m): 8:25am On Feb 15, 2015
Hahahahahahaha, I don ask myself this question too. The book of solomon and lamentations are the only two books I haven't heard a preacher preached on in my entire life.
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 15, 2015
Preciousjoz:
Kai SMH, you've been a bad pikin for along time grin

Uhmm, maybe I did too *hides my head * "kiss me with the kisses of your mouth for your love is sweeter than wine bla bla bla " kid stuff! grin grin
grin grin
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 15, 2015
Because it is sexual simple!
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by IkembaCMD(m): 8:53am On Feb 15, 2015
Its been used in Marriage Seminars,
Its not been abandoned in Relationship seminars too
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 15, 2015
Just try and attend Pastor Solomon's church. undecided
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by hikmojj(m): 9:01am On Feb 15, 2015
not only song of solomon o....some parts of Esther, Gatians and so on.....sometimes I wonder if Bible is God's word....
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Rexjosh: 9:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Songs of Solomon is A Love Book, It is mostly used during marriage services and other love related stuff.
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by hikmojj(m): 9:07am On Feb 15, 2015
abraka00:
Clearly you are not a christian. You hardly publish anything on islam. Anyway, Song of Solomon is mostly used during wedding ceremonies. Sometimes it is used for the renewal of love or marital vows. Song of Solomon is almost about love.

u mean d op cannot asked question or express himself?.....be sincere how many times has it been read in those weddings u have attended?
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by continentalceo(m): 9:13am On Feb 15, 2015
Its simple! Solo married 700wives and also had 300babes man. That nigga was more than a man. Just Imagine the number of girls he had random sex with
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by haibe(m): 9:16am On Feb 15, 2015
The canal mind can't use it because all they will see is s*x but those that are spiritual minded know how SOS shows the relationship between Christ and his Bride (The Church).. My pastor uses it by the way.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by haibe(m): 9:17am On Feb 15, 2015
hikmojj:

u mean d op cannot asked question or express himself?.....be sincere how many times has it been read in those weddings u have attended?
dude it is used well.. Those that don't use it are probably too canal to understand the intent of SOS..

1 Like

Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by NemzySeries(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Lol..... it's so deep, i copied my first love letter from there.
hahahahahahahahaha.....no wonder ur note books bin dey finish quick back den
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Kobeje(m): 9:37am On Feb 15, 2015
Depends on who amd what u listen to. I have heard lots preachings on that book in my some 20+ yrs as a Chiristian
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Johnjnr(m): 9:50am On Feb 15, 2015
when am reading sos i dont allow my dad to see me. dat portion is more of love. sex. breast and light skin....
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Abbey2sam(m): 9:50am On Feb 15, 2015
darksuit:
We have a little sister and she has no b®easts...

solomon 8:8
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by darksuit(m): 9:55am On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by darksuit(m): 9:56am On Feb 15, 2015
Abbey2sam:

solomon 8:8

U don kram am
I knw say u go deny
say u just get "General Bible Knowledge"
grin
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by facealone05(m): 10:00am On Feb 15, 2015
How I wish Solomon can explain it better but of which av use one of d verse to send text to my ex gf dem
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by erico2k2(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2015
your are responsible for your own salvation,The Bible is there as a Guide,Read it yourself, if you lack understanding, pray to God to Give you one.We humans are veered from the ways of the teaching and sometimes people interpret the bible for their personal gains.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by erico2k2(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2015
haibe:
The canal mind can't use it because all they will see is s*x but those that are spiritual minded know how SOS shows the relationship between Christ and his Bride (The Church).. My pastor uses it by the way.
This is what Im talking about, was teh Bible not written for the Canal mind as well?
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by erico2k2(m): 10:21am On Feb 15, 2015
kr0ne:
Op, ur wrong! The Songs of Solomon is never exempted from bible teaching - maybe ur church does that. In fact, those scriptures true Christians must always read if they must abstain from things of the flesh and all other worldly attractions.
Why? It shows a dialogue of king Solomon and a "Shulammite maiden" (no name). Solomon tries all he can to seduce her, using flattering comments of her body features, offering her riches and comfort all the same. But this maid insists that she's engaged to a "fair young shepherd" (no name) and nothing on earth will make her to stop loving him.
Now the morale: Solomon was a very wealthy king with 300 wives and 700 concubines, most of his wives were of daughters of rich men. But an ordinary maid rejected him and his offers. Today, Solomon represents all sorts of enticing, yet ungodly, things of the earth. True Christians strive to resist their pressures and put their faith only in God, like the Shulammite girl to his shepherd lover
This is very correct, I see the bible as a wonderful book, it relates to us in different ways according to our individual circumstances.One verse might have 20 meanings to 10 people.I think the watch word should be Morality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2015
OP, God bless U. I dey tink say nah only me bin dey notice dat. And dat book is so rich wif romantic punch lines. Our churches need to rethink dat idea of try to ignore dat book...
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by tolaxin(m): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2015
shosky72:
It is not neglected maybe they don't touch about it in your church,Jesus is the bridegroom there and it illustrates the love that should exist between Him and us
na so Yu dumb reach
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by Slimmos(m): 11:10am On Feb 15, 2015
i guess dis op worship at olumba olumba
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by haibe(m): 11:15am On Feb 15, 2015
erico2k2:

This is what Im talking about, was teh Bible not written for the Canal mind as well?
it was written for everyone dude but the canal mind cannot understand some things, that's what the bible says or you don't u read ur bible?
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by lachenzy1(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2015
It is; jst keep noticing[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by UTEWUOJO: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2015
I think dis guy has a point there.
Re: Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? by tolaxin(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2015
Samunique:
@ OP, what do mean by always neglected in the church? Or do mean in ur own church ? Bcs there are no waste in the scriptures, and moreover, SOS is an illustration of the love that exists btw Christ ( the Bridegroom ) and his church ( the Bride ).
liar_Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— 2
for your love is more delightful than
wine.
Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; 3
your name is like perfume poured out.
No wonder the young women love
you!
Take me away with you—let us hurry! 4
Let the king bring me into his
chambers.
We rejoice and delight in you ; [b]
we will praise your love more than
wine.
How right they are to adore you!
Dark am I, yet lovely, 5
daughters of Jerusalem,
dark like the tents of Kedar,
like the tent curtains of Solomon.[c]
Do not stare at me because I am dark, 6
because I am darkened by the sun.
My mother’s sons were angry with me
and made me take care of the
vineyards;
my own vineyard I had to neglect.
Tell me, you whom I love, 7
where you graze your flock
and where you rest your sheep at
midday.
Why should I be like a veiled woman
beside the flocks of your friends?
If you do not know, most beautiful of women, 8
follow the tracks of the sheep
and graze your young goats
by the tents of the shepherds.
I liken you, my darling, to a mare 9
among Pharaoh’s chariot horses.
Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, 10
your neck with strings of jewels.
We will make you earrings of gold, 11
studded with silver.
While the king was at his table, 12
my perfume spread its fragrance.
My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh 13
resting between my breasts.
My beloved is to me a cluster of henna
blossoms 14
from the vineyards of En Gedi.
How beautiful you are, my darling! 15
Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes are doves.
How handsome you are, my beloved! 16
Oh, how charming!
And our bed is verdant.
The beams of our house are cedars; 17
our rafters are firs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Olawoore, Catholic Bishop Of Ilorin Is Dead / Pope Benedict Finally Leaves Vatican City / What Happened After My Mum's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.