Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. (2561 Views)

This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2015
I was once a Twitter addict, so I can relate to this story. To all you twitter addicts or aspiring twitter addicts; this one is for you.

Jet pizza in Texas fired a teenager even before she started working, can you guess why (this is an easy guess) ..........cos of what she tweeted! . Okay, the gist is, this girl (named Celia; @Cellla ) after hearing that Jet pizza was a bad place to work, tweeted that she wasn't looking forward to starting the job..See the tweet below.

Read more on www.

Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 15, 2015
hehehe grin.....her's was just too extreme, but i'm wondering if one can be denied employment because of his radical political views
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 15, 2015
@techygirl what do you do?
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 11:19am On Feb 15, 2015
tooltip:
@techygirl what do you do?

Hey ToolTip, I am a tech blogger smiley
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2015
Oh that's great, do you code too?...i see you have an unusual interest in tech...
TechyGirl:

Hey ToolTip, I am a tech blogger smiley
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by XtraSmooth404: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2015
''Bleep ass jab'' shey? She get mouth.
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2015
tooltip:
Oh that's great, do you code too?...i see you have an unusual interest in tech...

I am still an amateur coder, but know a bit sha
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 15, 2015
lmao, she obviously has family to back fall back to grin
XtraSmooth404:
''Bleep ass jab'' shey? She get mouth.
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2015
We are all amateurs, at least one learns everyday embarassed...it would really be thrilling to see some amazing girl coders
What route are you taking among the notorious trio -web/desktop/mobile app development?
TechyGirl:

I am still an amateur coder, but know a bit sha
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by XtraSmooth404: 11:34am On Feb 15, 2015
tooltip:
lmao, she obviously has family to back fall back to grin
Seriously. Coming from a lady, I'm not surprised grin
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by kingthreat(m): 12:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
She deserves it.
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
kingthreat:
She deserves it.

Lol ahn ahn .. she was just frustrated with the job na sad
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
tooltip:
We are all amateurs, at least one learns everyday embarassed...it would really be thrilling to see some amazing girl coders
What route are you taking among the notorious trio -web/desktop/mobile app development?
learning mobile app dev currently
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
sounds interesting
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
kuteNUEL:
sounds interesting

Lol have you read the article?
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
I just searched her on twitter! Thats girl is a sadist
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by ellahzy(f): 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
#IHaveToDoThisUnlessIWillGetFined. smiley
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by Shaakasi(f): 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ok
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by JayTeeA(f): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by JayTeeA(f): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
Eya Dis is not so different from d *I hate mondays* posts everywhere na.. a large percentage of ppl hate their jobs..
she didn't say anytin bad about the company.. just d job.. except if there's more to dis story sha cry
Re: The Power Of Social Media: Girl Gets Fired Because Of Her Tweet. by TechyGirl(f): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
JayTeeA:
Eya Dis is not so different from d *I hate mondays* posts everywhere na.. a large percentage of ppl hate their jobs..
she didn't say anytin bad about the company.. just d job.. except if there's more to dis story sha cry

I think the reason why she got fired was cos of the cuss word she used in describing the job

(1) (Reply)

Mathematics Student Needs Idea On Internship / Are White Collar Employees More WASTEFUL Than Their Entrepreneur Counterparts? / You'll Likely Be Unsuccessful If You Use The Following Phrases Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.