Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Book Publishing And Intellectual Property Theft - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Publishing And Intellectual Property Theft (819 Views)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Book Publishing And Intellectual Property Theft by ayandee: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
I was reading through a business blog and saw this post:

"I have several manuscripts for children's books, and whilst I have approached a major book publishing firm, I've still not submitted any of my manuscripts to them. The reason is that I don't know how to package my material to prevent intellectual property theft".

The above represents the fear of many new and aspiring authors. You've come up with what you consider a great work but you're afraid a publisher may reject your work and later turn around to use it without your authorisation.

The problem is even more serious in Nigeria where our intellectual property laws are not fully developed and the judicial system leaves much to be desired.

In this article, I'm going to share with you a few tips on how to reduce the risk of intellectual property theft both from the point of view of a lawyer and a book connoisseur. Visit www.bookconvo.com for details.
Re: Book Publishing And Intellectual Property Theft by faval(m): 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
yea, i also experience that problem with the publishers in uyo. so i decided to start writing proposals 4 each book i wanted published. so no publisher would see my manuscript until we have an agreement.
do you know any publisher that pays royalties/commission?

(1) (Reply)

Reminisce: Legendary Books & Characters Of Our Childhood Days. / Zombie, A Love Story. Part One. / Short Story: Enough Is Enough!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.