Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? (786 Views)

Disciplining A Christian Child: The Difference Between Discipline And Punishment / The senselessness of Christ crucifixion. / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by johnshagb(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
I recently joined a new church and I decided to assist in the technical unit in order to make myself useful in the lord's house. I heard taking such decision, automatically makes me a church worker. To cut the story short, a friend of mine told me all workers who came late for Bible study were made to kneel down for a while and that I was lucky they were released just before my arrival. I'm still wondering what I would do If asked to kneel in front of the church.
I need a good Christians view on this.
Re: Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by ArchEnemy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kneeling down is somehow embarassing, but all of these is just to instill some discipline into the lives of the workers.
Re: Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by Ewizard(m): 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
sori pastor but I can't kneel down if it ain't for prayerz..

1 Like

Re: Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by economia: 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
if u are joining the Churchforce keep its rules
be mature
church work is done according to rules
the head of each unit of the church is absolute in giving them
Re: Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by johnshagb(m): 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2015
economia:
if u are joining the Churchforce keep its rules
be mature
church work is done according to rules
the head of each unit of the church is absolute in giving them

So, in order to instil discipline, you can make your worker kneel in front of the congregation. And do you agree with the pastor's action?
I need straight opinions, no sitting on the fence. Thanks
Re: Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by focus7: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
johnshagb:
I recently joined a new church and I decided to assist in the technical unit in order to make myself useful in the lord's house. I heard taking such decision, automatically makes me a church worker. To cut the story short, a friend of mine told me all workers who came late for Bible study were made to kneel down for a while and that I was lucky they were released just before my arrival. I'm still wondering what I would do If asked to kneel in front of the church.
I need a good Christians view on this.
nobody is forcing anyone to serve God in the church. Discipline in the church is a rotten in discipleship to help a church develop good character and make him more responsible. I will suggest that anyone who is too big for discipleship should please stay away from the church workforce and just stay among the crowd until he's mature, the way many uncultured individuals come to nairaland to report what took place in the church as though naraland has a court where many of these unregenerated people pass judgement against the church is embarrassing.
Re: Is This Form Of Discipline Really Necessary In The Church? by johnshagb(m): 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
focus7:
nobody is forcing anyone to serve God in the church. Discipline in the church is a rotten in discipleship to help a church develop good character and make him more responsible. I will suggest that anyone who is too big for discipleship should please stay away from the church workforce and just stay among the crowd until he's mature, the way many uncultured individuals come to nairaland to report what took place in the church as though naraland has a court where many of these unregenerated people pass judgement against the church is embarrassing.

Thanks for the input

(1) (Reply)

The "Trumpeter" / Bella's Tale / There Will Be Spiritual Revolution In Nigeria- Rev E.A.A.Adeonigbagbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.