Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,127 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice (33006 Views)

I Just Got Two Jobs(taking Both)praise God! / Undecided Over Two Jobs Offers!!! Please Advice / How I Lost Two Jobs I Needed Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by KLand(m): 5:30am On Feb 17, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Stay with Diamond there's room for growth and they are more reliable. 20k is not worth the stress

I think so too.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by eromspete(m): 5:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Have you ever worked or do you currently work for any bank?

iOmoge:

Stay with diamond bank n b locked up doing same shit daily.
Ab would allow u go n and u can attend interviews, scout for jobs while marketing n even do a biz.

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 17, 2015
eromspete:

Have you ever worked or do you currently work for any bank?

I do work for one now as a contract staff.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by UnclePati: 6:13am On Feb 17, 2015
Be wise my brother. I ve been in banking for 6yrs now contracts i ve seen, never get promoted. Their pay never rises and their life never get better.

Quit now. Move on. Take d new offer. prepare your mind. Face d new challenge.

Target is a set goal we hope to achieve.

Individually we set targets for our selfs on what to achieve daily, weekly monthly or yearly and at d end we measure our performance and ask our self questions.

Your employer is not out of place to set a target for u. He dosent want u redundant he needs to push you so u can help achieve organisational goal dats why he sets a target for u.

Moreover he offered u a permanent job not a contract.
Permanent jobs comes with benefits.
Medical
Housing
Pension
Trainings
Insurance somtimes sha
Official car or transportation allowance
Dressing
Lunch e.t.c

Be wish. Face challenges today smile tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by tochimajesty: 6:25am On Feb 17, 2015
I am analysing all these contributions for a better choice, but I know if I don't take this risk now that I am still agile, I don't know when then I shall,

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by rocoh(m): 6:58am On Feb 17, 2015
My brother it's good you move to d micro finance bank. I don't think biometrics job adds any value to your life. An ssce some holder can do you job. It is not mentally or intellectually stimulating. You are gradually wasting away If you don't know. The micro finance Jib will improve your knowledge and you can use that knowledge somewhere else but where will you use your biometrics knowledge? Forget about Target. A full staff is a full staff.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by rocoh(m): 7:02am On Feb 17, 2015
And for those telling him to stay because of the name of Diamond bank, all he needs to do is put it on his updated cv now.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by ChynoBEATS: 7:09am On Feb 17, 2015
tochimajesty:
My good people of nairaland and beyond, Pls I am presently working as a biometric staff with diamond bank as a contract staff. But I got offer from AB micro finance as a loan officer. The pay for diamond is 50k while that of AB is 70k. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target. Pls give me your good advice my dear brothers.

Abegi shey u dey read dis thing ?

Ehen well as u don state this two Tinz the®e re somtinz u stÍll need to think deep about
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Elbizzcklinz(m): 9:01am On Feb 17, 2015
tochimajesty:
My good people of nairaland and beyond, Pls I am presently working as a biometric staff with diamond bank as a contract staff. But I got offer from AB micro finance as a loan officer. The pay for diamond is 50k while that of AB is 70k. The diamond work come wit no stress while the AB micro finance is loaded wit stress and the threat to meet target. Pls give me your good advice my dear brothers.
i was once in ur shoe.... working in same diamond bank as a contract staff... i will advice u to stick to Diamond and watch out for when they will be recruiting for trainee then u can write d exam as an insider.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by leonshom(m): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2015
Micro finance bank go use ur life tire, u better stick with your diamond bank!
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Adesiji77: 10:35am On Feb 17, 2015
OP, I guess you now have more than enough information to make an informed decision but I want you ask yourself these questions: "What happens to me after the rush for BVN enrolment is over? Is there a career path for me in Diamond Bank? Have I done enough research on this MFB?"

I know that AB Microfinance is foreign-owned (majorly) and is likely to be more structured compared to an average Nigeriam MFB.

Life is all about taking calculated risks. You can decide to take the leap of faith or remain in your 'comfort zone'. Nothing good comes easy.

The inclusion of targets should not be a sole deciding factor; many of us have being doing target-related jobs for years and we are still coping with the grace of God.

Above all, consider the offer prayerfully.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by kunkcraze(m): 11:22am On Feb 17, 2015
Before you conclude, do your home work proper, find out if d microF is stable, if you can ask other LO @ d micro F about d working condition and stablity cos u have to consider your future there if its worth it, beside try to get your facts about where u are presently ask your self is it really working for you i mean satying there is there posiblity you might be staffed, and other contract staff there how long have they been there, is there room for growth, you cant really expect growth without some certain amount of work input or additional work load, even with the target they wont want to disburse loan any how, a LO can only recomend client for loan its d management that endorse it @ the end. Am a LO i wont say i love it i wont say i hate it, am here for now looking for better future but, it works for me @ d moment. Yes its was stressfull initially now its a childs play, dont consider the pay too much , think about what you really like and comfortable with and will take you where you wanna be both might be just a step for you to the next level, my 5 cent though, wish you all the best
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Gemc3(f): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Stay with Diamond there's room for growth and they are more reliable. 20k is not worth the stress

Seconded.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by tochimajesty: 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
This is a step I need to take now
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by JurassicPark: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
vickylala239:
Diamond!!! I hate target more Dan anytin!!!!

I once went for a job interview!! @ d process Dey strtd telling Mi target stuff.instantly I knew am Nt cumin bck,Wat Eva is d outcome.after d interview Dey gav Mi anoda form.I ran home wit d form NEVA to return.
Immediately I got Hme.I ran to kitchen direct,Chai I Cum imagine my suit n d stress,preparation I made.not knowing target rubbish.

Chai see as I cut down my Afro Jst for. Dat rubbish interview

After 4days Dey send msgs n called me.I told dem I Dnt wnt any job with target. Dat I Dnt Hv a shoe for Dat.

grin grin
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by tochimajesty: 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thank u all that drop your wonderful contributions, I appreciate it all, both the moderator that took it to the front page, thank u man.
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Franky9584(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hmm, i hate anytin CONTRACT work as wel as TARGET. In bank contract 4dose of us dat doesnt knw, there z nth lik salary increment. Bt come 2tink of it, u neva told us if AB z a contract also? If both are contracts, i'l go 4 diamond bt if AB z main staff, i'l go 4 it instead
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by akum123: 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
if you know d totall take home of AB,u go run go collect d job,u have alot to knw abt d job position in AB,the position is simple,Nigerian likes to collect money for biz,unlike insurance and banking target,so think well,i have alot of guys working in AB,they are biggers guys now wit high position,but started wit loan officer
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by thelifechangers: 12:22am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Lets know ur dicission o
Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Maafiaalady: 6:00am On Mar 19, 2015
@tochimajesty...I am just seeing this...I hope you took the job....I work with AB mfb 4yrs running nw...I can tell you its not just name you go for..every job has its challenges..Target right...when you start you don't expect gold as your salary...that 70k take home is for the probation period of 3 months and after you are confirmed your Basic pay per month as a junior loan officer is 100k/month..I am a senior in the field and I can tell you my monthly bonus alone is what you are been paid as a contract staff in diamond bank...then net pay monthly is...100+....its all abt perseverance....Take the bold step..

1 Like

Re: I Got This Two Jobs, Pls I Need Your Good Advice by Missmossy(f): 9:26pm On May 16, 2018
Maafiaalady:
@tochimajesty...I am just seeing this...I hope you took the job....I work with AB mfb 4yrs running nw...I can tell you its not just name you go for..every job has its challenges..Target right...when you start you don't expect gold as your salary...that 70k take home is for the probation period of 3 months and after you are confirmed your Basic pay per month as a junior loan officer is 100k/month..I am a senior in the field and I can tell you my monthly bonus alone is what you are been paid as a contract staff in diamond bank...then net pay monthly is...100+....its all abt perseverance....Take the bold step..
Good evening, i need your help. I have a graduate trainee aptitude test with them on Saturday, what is to be expected... thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria / Senate To Investigate NPA Job Slots 'Sold For N3 Million Each' / Invitation For Guaranty Trust Bank Aptitude Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.