Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? (1229 Views)

Forum Owners,admin,moderators Post Your Forum Link / 6 Blogging Mistakes All Business Owners Should Avoid At All Costs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
What if you have a popular blog or forum like nairaland and you the only one who knows admin pass of NL and hosting pass would the forum just die out or do you give your passwords to your family, friends before you die so tell me what are you doing to protect your popular blog/forum from extinction?
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by vjsmiles: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
that weed must be so strong

1 Like

Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by tempem: 5:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
My knows my password.
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by MizMyColi(f): 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
I refuse to comment on this thread.

Matter of fact, I was never here.
lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
*Mounts my broom and zooms off!!!!*
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
I refuse to comment on this thread.

Matter of fact, I was never here.
lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
*Mounts my broom and zooms off!!!!*
ur broom
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
Spits on thread.

Polute on op
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by henryobinna(m): 6:46am On Feb 17, 2015
many of y'all posters above me are just talking nonsense,
its not weed.

I've for once thought about this n its a nice thread in my opinion.

nigerians always runninh away from reality

1 Like

Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Sub5(m): 11:22am On Feb 17, 2015
denzmark:
What if you have a popular blog or forum like nairaland and you the only one who knows admin pass of NL and hosting pass would the forum just die out or do you give your passwords to your family, friends before you die so tell me what are you doing to protect your popular blog/forum from extinction?
This is a nice and interesting issue all webmasters should really take into account, @Op you have spoken well, this is one of the reason why successful website just get lost after the owner is off the earth. You can only achieve success if your website lives on after you are no more and this is a measure that Nigerian webmasters are not taking seriously. On like the webmasters abroad, the will do all it takes to keep their site online even if they die.

For example the famous guy with the Crip template used on SMF, his dying wish was for his friends to keep his site online as long as they can. Nigerian webmasters should be able to do same for what they have worked so hard to achieve. Just imagine, in 50 years time, you grand child look through your dairy and saw Nairaland.com and tried to access it and all that comes up is this site does not exist.

@Op, to do this, you will need to groom a family member that is also be interested in your website, or work with a trusted friend that is willing to live your website dream.

Source: All student forum

3 Likes

Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
Sub5:

This is a nice and interesting issue all webmasters should really take into account, @Op you have spoken well, this is one of the reason why successful website just get lost after the owner is off the earth. You can only achieve success if your website lives on after you are no more and this is a measure that Nigerian webmasters are not taking seriously. On like the webmasters abroad, the will do all it takes to keep their site online even if they die.

For example the famous guy with the Crip template used on SMF, his dying wish was for his friends to keep his site online as long as they can. Nigerian webmasters should be able to do same for what they have worked so hard to achieve. Just imagine, in 50 years time, you grand child look through your dairy and saw Nairaland.com and tried to access it and all that comes up is this site does not exist.

@Op, to do this, you will need to groom a family member that is also be interested in your website, or work with a trusted friend that is willing to live your website dream.

Source: All student forum
Yes thank you its reality indeed if you making money with it, i got a forum too i think il teach my family how to be admin in the mean time
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by barapistis(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
We had this issue trashed out on bhw sometimes ago

The best way isb to make your family know about it.
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Misterlaby: 7:07am On Feb 19, 2015
Interesting... But...
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by henryobinna(m): 9:41am On Feb 19, 2015
Misterlaby:
Interesting... But...
but what?
Re: What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 26, 2015
All you people who are complaining dont have popular blogs, but a successful webmaster like seun will always think about the future of his forum I am sure his NL team or family know his hosting details and NL admin pass otherwise thers going to be disaster, but then again if you just have a tiny website it doesnt matter you can go with it nobody cares there is no need to insult here

(1) (Reply)

Web Design Guru Needed / Website Design For 25,000 Naira Only At Yemlat Tech / Us Google Adsense With $123 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.