Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 (1727 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets / Nigeria Under-17 Star Victor Osimhen Completes Spurs Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Evestar200(f): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
the friendly match between the black starlets of Ghana and the flying eagles of Nigeria ended in 2-2 draw .
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
naija rules!
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by joxxy01(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
Evestar200:
the friendly match between the black starlets of Ghana and the flying eagles of Nigeria ended in 2-2 draw .
did u watch it??
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Evestar200(f): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
joxxy01:
did u watch it??
nope, got the info from a special source
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
good result
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by joxxy01(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Evestar200:
nope, got the info from a special source
tell me its not true
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by naso2(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
I was at the stadium Live.

Flying Eagles gave a good account of themselves. It was more of a game of two halves. Nigeria controlled the first half , while the Ghanian team edged it in the second half.

Nigeria scored first , while the Ghanians equalized through a penalty kick. Nigeria went ahead at the end of the first half , while Ghana equalized at the beginning of the second half , after our team failed to decisively deal with a corner kick that led to a scramble at the Nigerian end.

Our midfield still need some work. Overall it was a good match , where some ballwork from the Nigerian team was greeted with applause from the fans.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Evestar200(f): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
joxxy01:
tell me its not true
true
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Vision4God: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
Naija footballers repeesenting. De've tried. Nice
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by joxxy01(m): 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
i expected a 4:0 routin of the blaq antena, any way sha they tried.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
If dis is true, it only confirms wot I've always sed dat d flying eagles have to seriously sharpen dia attacking force and defence. I think dia ball work and midfield is okay, but day still have a lot to do.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Evestar200(f): 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
joxxy01:
but the game wasn't played in Nigeria, so don't expect that kind of score
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by zoboizee: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Their undoing has been finishing against strong teams. Awoniyi and eze are not clinical. They ve always been wasteful. if iheanacho, success or moses are added, definitely their will be great improvement in attack. And at the back, Bello and Mustapha seems to be the weak link at times. And Alfa get easily dispossess by combative midfieders in the middle. This view is based on super 4 tournament.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Icon4s(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
joxxy01:
My friend, Ghana is no push over at youths level.
Infact dey have a better record than Nigeria at yd U20s level. However, i expect Nigeria to win d return leg.
The 2-2 draw against Ghana in Accra/ Kumasi shows d team has lots of promise.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Icon4s:

Infact dey have a better record than Nigeria at yd U20s level. However, i expect Nigeria to win d return leg.

If Ghana played that match with the same core of players that lost 1-6 to the Eaglets two years ago,I think they would be beaten anywhere in Ghana. Manu Garba and Ugbade have done well with this team. I wasn't surprised they did well at the super 6,I was surprised they beat Enyimba and Pillars too with the likes of well established players like Gambo,Haruna and Sokari.

I think Flying Eagles will do well at the AYC and World Cup. I don't foresee anything stopping them from achieving that goal.

I would've loved to see them play the Ghanaians at the AYC instead of this friendly..it wasn't needed. They took the lead twice and Ghana only equalised through penalty n goal mouth scramble. I think they shld not play the second match.

1 Like

Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Icon4s(m): 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
gbosaa:

If Ghana played that match with the same core of players that lost 1-6 to the Eaglets two years ago,I think they would be beaten anywhere in Ghana. Manu Garba and Ugbade have done well with this team. I wasn't surprised they did well at the super 6,I was surprised they beat Enyimba and Pillars too with the likes of well established players like Gambo,Haruna and Sokari.

I think Flying Eagles will do well at the AYC and World Cup. I don't foresee anything stopping them from achieving that goal.

I would've loved to see them play the Ghanaians at the AYC instead of this friendly..it wasn't needed. They took the lead twice and Ghana only equalised through penalty n goal mouth scramble. I think they shld not play the second match.
U should know fully well dat Ghana will nt likely use their last U17 as d core of their U20 after a disgracefull U17 showing. They have a solid league and would want to source for the core of d U20 from there. Mind u some key Nigerian players dat featured in dat 6-1 bashing didnt play this game. Eg Success, Nwakali, Ndidi and Iheanacho. Lets see how d next game turns out.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by mikron(m): 1:13am On Feb 17, 2015
Icon4s:

is itnot this same ghanaian team (their former under 17 to last ayc in morocco) that this same flying eaglesbeat 6-1 when they flying eagles were still under 17? bro our team can take out any team to shreds on a good day. i believe these boys die
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by joxxy01(m): 7:27am On Feb 17, 2015
zoboizee:
Their undoing has been finishing against strong teams. Awoniyi and eze are not clinical. They ve always been wasteful. if iheanacho, success or moses are added, definitely their will be great improvement in attack. And at the back, Bello and Mustapha seems to be the weak link at times. And Alfa get easily disposses by combative midfieders in the middle. This view is based on super 4 tournament.
we need iheanacho and success, i honestly dont know y their respective club side is keeping them witawt even featurin them in matches. I hope they wont destroy their career.
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by Krasid(m): 10:05am On Feb 17, 2015
I was expecting more from the flying eagles.Is this how they plan to win the U20 World cup?
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by naso2(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2015
joxxy01:
we need iheanacho and success, i honestly dont know y their respective club side is keeping them witawt even featurin them in matches. I hope they wont destroy their career.

You want them to leave their clubs and come to Nigeria because of friendly matches? No sensible player or club does that. When AYC proper begins , yes they can be excused, but not for a tune up match with Ghana
Re: Full Time: Ghana Under 20 2-2 Nigeria Under 20 by enomakos(m): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
[quote
author=naso2 post=30809382]

You want them to leave their clubs and come to Nigeria because of
friendly matches? No sensible player or club does that. When AYC proper
begins , yes they can be excused, but not for a tune up match with
Ghana[/quote]Ayc forget it those damm club will still not release them

(1) (Reply)

Between Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Lionel Messi Who Has Scored More Goals In All Times / Wasere.com The New Betting Website(easy Money) / Beat The Bookies Soccer Picks (put Ur Money Where Ur Mouth Is)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.