Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Frenemy 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Frenemy 2 (673 Views)

The Frenemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Frenemy 2 by Flowtry(m): 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Please you guys are gonna bear with me because I'm fleshing out my story to make it more interesting and something we can relate to

It was break time and as I was outside eating my lunch and reading a Harlequin Romance novel which was given to me by Amanda my big sister who insist that I read a lot of romance novels so that I won't be a complete jerk.

Well there I was under the Flame Tree engrossed in the book when a sonorous voice with a clipped British accent interrupted my flow.

"I see you read Harlequin too" Linda smiled and sat on the floor next to me like we were friends and not total strangers.

"Yeah" I smiled in return as I closed my book and gave her my full attention.

"I'm not much of a novel person ya know, just readin' this cos my sis insists" I offered by way of explanation.

She laughed at this and said "your sis wants you to grow up and act girlie okay, she means no harm"

I shrugged my shoulders and asked the purpose of her presence to which she replied that she wanna be my friend. To say the least, it was touching. I'd gotten used to being a lone ranger that I never really knew the importance of company. Well I indulged her and she introduced herself to me as Linda Alisigwe, the youngest of five of which they are three girls and two boys.

Her Father is a Pilot with British Airways and she was born and raised in Glasgow where she spent a decade before coming to Nigeria four years ago.

She was a transfer student of Corona College who came to my school last year because her parents felt she needed a moral environment to be able to imbibe a good character.

Her mum was a Ticketing officer with Luftanser who resigned from her job to become a full time housewife when they moved to Nigeria in order to keep a close eye on her children.

At the moment, she owns a boutique and she's a popular Fashion Designer with the Top military officers' wives of that era.

All this she wrapped up in 10mins and nudged to tell her about myself.

There wasn't much to tell but I narrated how I'm also the youngest daughter of a Single mum.
My Parents met in San Francisco US when Dad was working as a dispatch rider with Walmart Stores where mum also worked as the Sales supervisor. The two cliqued inspite of their different cultural background. Mum was a Texan Native whose Parents owned a ranch on the outskirts of Houston. She left home for her current location because she detest the reticent life of a Rancher. Dad was Nigerian of Igbo Origin whose name was Ogbonaya Kimberly.

Mum and Dad had a fight over mum's inability to give him male children after eight years of marriage. It turned out He was being pressured by his parents to take another wife in Nigeria who'll give them male a child who'll continue the family name.

Mum and Dad seperated, mum met a guy who worked for the Ministry of Finance who was on vacation in the country at the time
They became quite close to the point that when he was coming back to the country after his six month vacation, he asked mum if she'll like to accompany to which she agreed. She moved in with him with us in his Spacious apartment in Mende, Maryland.
Five years ago
Re: The Frenemy 2 by Cybershow(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Flowtry m nt interested in d way u scattered d story..du u kw wat u can join dix with d 1st chapter u rote nt 2 create it again..dat z senseles jst try folow wat i said z nt compulsory if u dnt du dat o.
Re: The Frenemy 2 by Flowtry(m): 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ok will do that now. I'm sorry for dijointing this work
Re: The Frenemy 2 by Cybershow(m): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
Flowtry:
Ok will do that now. I'm sorry for dijointing this work
Dat gud boss..pls boss a votd z goin on and am among d nominated ones kindly vote 4 me thru d 2nd link on my signature post
Re: The Frenemy 2 by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2015
Flowtry:
Please you guys are gonna bear with me because I'm fleshing out my story to make it more interesting and something we can relate to

It was break time and as I was outside eating my lunch and reading a Harlequin Romance novel which was given to me by Amanda my big sister who insist that I read a lot of romance novels so that I won't be a complete jerk.

Well there I was under the Flame Tree engrossed in the book when a sonorous voice with a clipped British accent interrupted my flow.

"I see you read Harlequin too" Linda smiled and sat on the floor next to me like we were friends and not total strangers.

"Yeah" I smiled in return as I closed my book and gave her my full attention.

"I'm not much of a novel person ya know, just readin' this cos my sis insists" I offered by way of explanation.

She laughed at this and said "your sis wants you to grow up and act girlie okay, she means no harm"

I shrugged my shoulders and asked the purpose of her presence to which she replied that she wanna be my friend. To say the least, it was touching. I'd gotten used to being a lone ranger that I never really knew the importance of company. Well I indulged her and she introduced herself to me as Linda Alisigwe, the youngest of five of which they are three girls and two boys.

Her Father is a Pilot with British Airways and she was born and raised in Glasgow where she spent a decade before coming to Nigeria four years ago.

She was a transfer student of Corona College who came to my school last year because her parents felt she needed a moral environment to be able to imbibe a good character.

Her mum was a Ticketing officer with Luftanser who resigned from her job to become a full time housewife when they moved to Nigeria in order to keep a close eye on her children.

At the moment, she owns a boutique and she's a popular Fashion Designer with the Top military officers' wives of that era.

All this she wrapped up in 10mins and nudged to tell her about myself.

There wasn't much to tell but I narrated how I'm also the youngest daughter of a Single mum.
My Parents met in San Francisco US when Dad was working as a dispatch rider with Walmart Stores where mum also worked as the Sales supervisor. The two cliqued inspite of their different cultural background. Mum was a Texan Native whose Parents owned a ranch on the outskirts of Houston. She left home for her current location because she detest the reticent life of a Rancher. Dad was Nigerian of Igbo Origin whose name was Ogbonaya Kimberly.

Mum and Dad had a fight over mum's inability to give him male children after eight years of marriage. It turned out He was being pressured by his parents to take another wife in Nigeria who'll give them male a child who'll continue the family name.

Mum and Dad seperated, mum met a guy who worked for the Ministry of Finance who was on vacation in the country at the time
They became quite close to the point that when he was coming back to the country after his six month vacation, he asked mum if she'll like to accompany to which she agreed. She moved in with him with us in his Spacious apartment in Mende, Maryland.
Five years ago

Sign up on www.scribespad.com today & join our growing community of writers and readers. Post your stories for free. Also get to socialize with other members and Create/start discussions on any topic of your choice

(1) (Reply)

The Descendant’s Tale / What My Father Cannot Do! (humorous Fiction) / The Faraway Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.