Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Fondant Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fondant Recipe (34877 Views)

The Best And Easiest Fondant / My 2 In 1 Panel (fondant/dessert) Cakes (photos) / Easy Fondant Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 17, 2015
Hello,
i enjoy baking and cake decorating soley as a hobby but i hate using fondant. I have tried different recipes but they dont turn out great. Sometimes the fondant gets a wet look after putting it on a cake and most times the fondant has no stretch whatsoever. I mean, this thing tears at the slightest touch.
although its just a hobby it is getting so frustrating to continue the struggle with fondant. Please experts and home bakers, share your fave recipes and tips. I honestly dont mind trying each and every recipe recommended to find fondant that has got stretch and wont look like its about to melt.
Help pls!
Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 17, 2015
Share your recipe ma'am. So as to correct the mistakes afterwards.
Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 17, 2015
I don't have a particular recipe, like I said I try different ones but they seem to be unsuitable for the nigerian weather I think.
Re: Fondant Recipe by yomibabe(f): 11:53am On Feb 17, 2015
are you on bbm or watsapp let's talk fondant is as easy as abc
Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 17, 2015
yomibabe:
are you on bbm or watsapp let's talk fondant is as easy as abc

Yes I am on bbm
Re: Fondant Recipe by yomibabe(f): 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
5338473C add me up
Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thank you. Will do just that.
Re: Fondant Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
Fondant recipe

Icing sugar 2kg
Gelatin. 15ml
Liquid glucose 1 cup
CMC. 15ml
Water. 1/2 cup
Flavour any clear flavour

Always check your CMC before you use it. Put a little bit on your palm and add water if it is slimy, it is good.

It is the CMC that will make your fondant stretchy.

Adding glycerin to your fondant is likely to give you a weeping fondant

Also if you use insufficient icing sugar, you will also have weeping fondant

1 Like

Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
ibizgirl:
Fondant recipe

Icing sugar 2kg
Gelatin. 15ml
Liquid glucose 1 cup
CMC. 15ml
Water. 1/2 cup
Flavour any clear flavour

Always check your CMC before you use it. Put a little bit on your palm and add water if it is slimy, it is good.

It is the CMC that will make your fondant stretchy.

Adding glycerin to your fondant is likely to give you a weeping fondant

Also if you use insufficient icing sugar, you will also have weeping fondant

Thank you soo much. Is the cmc 15ml or 15g since it isn't liquid? Also what is the procedure for using this recipe. Will try it tomorrow evening and tell you the result. Thank you
Re: Fondant Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
Gelatin 15ml is 1 tablespoon. Get yourself a set of measuring cup and spoon (its like 300/400)

Method:
Measure and sieve the icing sugar and CMC into a bowl, share it in 2 parts.

Measure the water into a cup and add the gelatin allow to stand for a while.

Measure also the liquid glucose

Put the water/gelatin into a small pot and put on the burner @ low heat. Stir continously.

Allow the gelatin to smelt and add the liquid glucose. Keep stiring.

When the gelatin and glucose is fully melted. Allow to cool down a little bit and add the flavour. Get a wooden spoon and pour the gelatin glucose into one half of the icing sugar.

Stir with the wooden spoon and gradually add more icing sugar. When it forms a dough, turn it on a clean work surface and knead. Keep adding the icing sugar until it's all incorporated.

Wrap your fondant with cling film and leave to stay @ least 48 hrs before use.

Hope this helps. Do post a pic of the cake tomorrow lets see.

Moberry:

Thank you soo much. Is the cmc 15ml or 15g since it isn't liquid? Also what is the procedure for using this recipe. Will try it tomorrow evening and tell you the result. Thank you
Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thank you very much, I am very grateful. Will make the fondant tomorrow. Have got a measuring set so will use that. Again thank you.

Update;made the fondant, leaving it to rest for 48hrs

2nd update @ibizgirl, i covered a small cake in fondant and yay!!! no tears. my phone screen got broken some minutes ago, will upload the picture soon. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
yomibabe:
5338473C add me up

Thank you very much, i just made your recipe and will leave it to rest till tomorrow. My phone screen got broken some minutes ago. I really wish i could take a class and i remain grateful.
Re: Fondant Recipe by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
@ibizgirl, i used your recipe to cover the a small loaf cake (the first picture) before i could get my cam to take a picture, my bros had cut into it. i did add too much powdered sugar when kneading so will adjust next time.

@yomibabe, i couldn't bake a full cake cos i was busy so i used yours to decorate cupcakes (2nd picture). thank you so much for taking the time to explain to me.

As you all have helped me, God will send your helpers to you IJN. Amen!!!

Re: Fondant Recipe by ibizgirl(f): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nice cakes, you will get better with practice

Moberry:
@ibizgirl, i used your recipe to cover the a small loaf cake (the first picture) before i could get my cam to take a picture, my bros had cut into it. i did add too much powdered sugar when kneading so will adjust next time.

@yomibabe, i couldn't bake a full cake cos i was busy so i used yours to decorate cupcakes (2nd picture). thank you so much for taking the time to explain to me.

As you all have helped me, God will send your helpers to you IJN. Amen!!!
Re: Fondant Recipe by wendiescakes: 7:04am On Jun 27, 2017
Hello yomibabe, please can u assist me with ur recipe for fondant.thanks a lot.
Re: Fondant Recipe by Rubyventures: 9:47am On Jun 27, 2017
wendiescakes:
Hello yomibabe, please can u assist me with ur recipe for fondant.thanks a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoTbqfYKMQE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fondant Recipe by marylandcakes: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
wink

(1) (Reply)

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. / Making Cake With Blender, No Oven, No Butter, No Mixer. / Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.