Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! (33592 Views)

I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 11:45am On Dec 08, 2023
Country hard and food is expensive and as of now, I personally think beans is one food item that I get to eat which fills me up for long and at the same time, not to expensive. I normally cook 1 and a half cup & it's more than enough to fill me the whole day. For this reason, I've been eating beans frequently. It's about #1400 to #1500 per Congo here in Ibadan for Oloyin beans. Some other varieties are sold as low as 1k per Congo. This method would save your gas or kerosene & it's not for people in a hurry. I tried it after reading about it online. I think it's called "Dry Cooking Method".

So this morning, I decided to cook beans. I cooked Oloyin beans in particular and I cooked it in just about 32 minutes without using Potash (Kaun) or whatever it is most of you use. I know the next question on your minds is the "How?". LFG!

1. The steps matter.
2. I used a thick pot to retain heat (there's a reason for this).
3. I cooked at high flame levels.
4. The cover of the pot has to fit the pot so well, so tightly that the heat won't escape.
5. This will only work when cooking small quantity of beans. Mine is 2 cups. It will take longer when cooking in large quantity. This method is for students & single people who cook for just themselves. Family people, sorry you hear? So I'll head to the steps now.

Whether you're using gas or stove, all the time the beans is on fire, the flame level should be high.

I first made sure the beans boiled. Took about 10 minutes at high flame level, then I switched off the gas & allowed the beans soak in hot water for about 1 hour still inside that same pot. I used a thick pot as it retains heat more than light pots so this kept the water hot within the 1 hour period & it was covered throughout so the heat won't escape.

After 1 hour, the beans had gotten a bit soft. I switched on the gas & turned on the flame to be high. Within 15 minutes, it was already soft after which I added the remaining ingredients apart from onions. I added onions immediately after the 1 hour break.

The remaining 7 minutes was to let the ingredients seep in. Took me exactly 32 minutes with high flames.

There you go fam! Na hard economy make me discover this even though I'm sure some of you here know a faster way even without using extra resources or pressure cooker. If you do it please share, I'm still trying to discover how to cook beans within 5 minutes 😂 Oga Tinubu, you do this one. Na you motivate me. Thank you sir!

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by thesolutions(m): 11:55am On Dec 08, 2023
You mean 1 hour, 32 minutes.

Just say this is how to save gas while cooking beans. tongue

233 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Bliss52: 11:55am On Dec 08, 2023
cool

Go and get pressure pot... It's cheaper to use and cooks faster

A funny hack people don't use,

If you want fresh pounded yam.....

Cut your yam in small cubes

Cook your yam in a pressure pot to the best softness

Drain the water

Put it in a blender or food processor and blend

Take it out and allow to be cold for few minutes

Serve with your favorite soup

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Kevinjap: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2023
Good for you.. yesterday I eat my last drop of beans too.

God's willing I got to leave this place before hunger finish me.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by RepoMan007: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bean algorithm. Great post.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by dominique(f): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Interesting grin. What you should have done is put the onions earlier on, onion actually makes beans soften faster. That style is how I cook my cow legs now since my pressure cooker is no longer pressure cookering. I boil the meat for about 30 minutes, leave it in hot water for hours or even overnight. By then it would have softened after which I boil again for another 20-30 minutes, dem no born am well make e no soft. Na to improvise sure pass with the way things are going in this country

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by 1Sharon(f): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
dominique:
Interesting grin. What you should have done is put the onions earlier on, onion actually makes beans soften faster. That style is how I cook my cow legs now as my pressure cooker is no longer pressure cookering. I boil the meat for about 30 minutes, leave it in hot water for hours or even overnight. By then it would have softened after which I boil again for another 20-30 minutes, dem no born am well make e no soft. Na to improvise sure pass with the way things are going in this country

Have you thought about using baking soda?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by arkonpoint: 2:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
You're very correct, I actually achieved this in 25 minutes. Sound unbelievable but check my method.
In the evening, I cooked the beans for 15 minutes, then pour inside my child big food flask, the type that retain heat for a very long time, left this overnight. In the morning I pour it back into the pot and cook again for 10 minutes, viola. It was done.

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by garriAndsugar: 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
I soaked my beans in water and dropped it at the top of a mountain in the morning, by evening I brought it home and cooked for 2mins..

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
thesolutions:
You mean 1 hour, 32 minutes.

Just say this is how to save gas while cooking beans. tongue

I'm very serious. I timed myself throughout the cooking process. Just 32 minutes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
dominique:
Interesting grin. What you should have done is put the onions earlier on, onion actually makes beans soften faster. That style is how I cook my cow legs now as my pressure cooker is no longer pressure cookering. I boil the meat for about 30 minutes, leave it in hot water for hours or even overnight. By then it would have softened after which I boil again for another 20-30 minutes, dem no born am well make e no soft. Na to improvise sure pass with the way things are going in this country

Hmmmm onions. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
arkonpoint:
You're very correct, I actually achieved this in 25 minutes. Sound unbelievable but check my method.
In the evening, I cooked the beans for 15 minutes, then pour inside my child big food flask, the type that retain heat for a very long time, left this overnight. In the morning I pour it back into the pot and cook again for 10 minutes, viola. It was done.

That's true. Very feasible. I'll try to try this too. Thank you

8 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by RepoMan007: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
Inflation is stretching creativity.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by dominique(f): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
1Sharon:

Have you thought about using baking soda?

Never heard of that though I'm not comfortable adding stuff to soften meat. Some people say they throw in potash to soften it fast, others say they boil it with metals lole nails or screws. Anything apart from good ol boiling,y hands no dey.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Tito24: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
2 words

Pressure Pot!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Amigoss: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Op,you no soak the beans for 1hour fess,thereby reducing the time taken for it to cook in less than 10mins wink.....

Shallout to the legendary UniBen hall4 beans,beans wey dey get special aroma and sustain men in times of Sapa grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by DeathToRiggers: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
I cooked mine within 8 minutes. No be only you mad. Batstards.

8 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by raskymonojendor: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Is that safe though. Buying a pressure cooker may be the safest option.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by emmabest2000(m): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bliss52:
Go and get pressure pot... It's cheaper to use and cooks faster

Best advice

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by illicit(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nowadays I just put my egg in the sun to cook it

🤕

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by cunny88(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
Where is the picture of the cooked beans na

8 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by finallybusy: 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pressure cooker. End of story.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Righthussle: 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
It's good he didn't say he did it by calling the name of his daddy G O.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ok. Do enjoy your meal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by pweeryambre: 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Me I use potash ( akanwu) it's super fast... 20 minutes at most and beans is done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
10 hours.

I asked my vendor why?

He says it's tough to cook because it is the original beans.

Coupled with the fact that we are in a hard economy

2 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by sonnie10: 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
A good pressure pot can do it for less
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Vinnie2000(m): 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
Kai. sad

From Northerners using White maggi to cook to peeps now using 30mins to cook Beans. undecided

Soon Pple go eat Parboiled Rice, in this APC/Tinubu regime. 😕😏😏

3 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Eraddray(m): 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
All this English,just say u use pressure pot to cook beans

3 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
See what APC has turned us to

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat / My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / Folashade Shoyonbo: Nigerian Wins Jollof Rice Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.