Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? (622 Views)

10 Nairalanders Behaviour In Political Discourse / Boko Haram Men Disguise As Women In Baga As Search Intensifies ,says DHQ / DHQ Blogsite Restored After Hackers Failed In Attempt To Infiltrate Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by praxisnetworks: 6:03am On Feb 17, 2015
Wow! is this what Jonathan has turned our military institution to? HAVE They become a corrupt political class, I never read in the world that a military secretary would rain insult on their war hero and retired general, former presidents not once but twice. This is no more a military institution. So we would deceive ourselves to think Nigeria still have military of those years. These are politicians in military uniform now. They have to pay mercenaries to fight for them what a shame and a pity? Do they need to even respond back to Obasanjo?

SOURCE THE TRUTH A COMMENTARY ON http://www.punchng.com/news/obj-a-shame-to-the-military-dhq/
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by praxisnetworks: 6:05am On Feb 17, 2015
A prominent constitutional lawyer, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN) and the Chairman, Anti-Corruption Commission, Mallam Yusuf Ali (SAN), have differed with the Defence Headquarters that a former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, is an embarrassment to the military.

In separate telephone interviews with our correspondent in Ilorin on Monday, the legal luminaries said the former President “is a well respected Nigerian elder statesman who has contributed immensely to the development of the military and Nigeria as whole.”

They expressed shock and surprise over such comment on Obasanjo from the DHQ.

Sagay said Obasanjo’s comment was to reposition the military on the right path of professionalism and to save it from being seen as a partisan army.

He stated that the military should have addressed issues raised by Obasanjo instead of vilifying him in such a derogatory manner.

“Obasanjo is not an embarrassment to the military. He is a distinguished and eminent Nigerian leader who has contributed a lot to national development, including the military. He raised valid issues in his comment. The Ekiti issue is still a current matter and the military wrote a letter to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, that the army cannot guarantee security during the February 14 and 28 general elections,which Jega cited as the reason for the postponement of the general elections.

“Obasanjo’s comment was to steer the military aright. He should not have been described as an embarrassment. How is he an embarrassment? A former Head of State and a former President of this country! I am shocked at such a comment.”

Ali added, “Obasanjo is not only a prominent and well-respected Nigerian leader but an international figure.”

He stated that Obasanjo had contributed immensely to Nigeria’s development including the military.

He disagreed with the DHQ that Obasanjo is an embarrassment to the military.

According to him, those who described Obasanjo as an embarrassment could still be young officers when Obasanjo retired as a Head of State of Nigeria and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Ali said, “I do not agree with that description. How can Obasanjo who was the Head of State and contributed greatly to the growth of the military be described as an embarrassment? How can you refer to someone who after about 20 years of being the Head of State became the President of Nigeria for eight years as an embarrassment? It is not a right description. I disagree with that.”
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by jeffizy(m): 6:14am On Feb 17, 2015
I saw the headline but I never bothered to read what the dhq had to say.

The major error in their statement , if it is true , is the fact that Obasanjo is not acting his present 'movie' in uniforms. So why are the concerned about what he's doing with his civilian life ?

They are way out of line. But that shouldn't come as a surprise.
Anyone associated with GEJ is afflicted with such immature attitude and mentality.
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by TeamSimple(m): 6:17am On Feb 17, 2015
In Nigeria everything is politics..I don't blame them because he who appoints the piper dictates its tune.
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by praxisnetworks: 6:23am On Feb 17, 2015
TeamSimple:
In Nigeria everything is politics..I don't blame them because he who appoints the piper dictates its tune.

everything can not be about politics...not the military no!
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by electropiz(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2015
Obasonjo, is a disgrace to the military, is he the the only retired military general in Nigeria? Officer of the NA are meant to be disciplined , what do obasonjo knows that babangida or abdusalam don't kknow, yet they never made inciting statements, military generals are always coded....
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by bewla(m): 6:42am On Feb 17, 2015
we suppose no were certificate they by now who remove it or tiv am
Re: Is The Dhq Right In Making Political Statements? by psucc(m): 7:06am On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ had stooped so low. As an elder statesman, his words supposed to be few. And as a father, he suppose to play fair.

Someone pls inform me.
Had Buhari bring his certificate?
Is APC employing Baba to help distract attention away from the needful?
Had they been able to shout down the demand for Buhari's certificate?

(1) (Reply)

Angry Indian Bride Marries Wedding Guest… / Who Never Did These Things, Then His/her Childhood Is Not Fun / Witch Hunt For Albinos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.