Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE (12328 Views)

Fg To Partner With Mmm.nig / FG To Ban Bet9ja,surebet,nairabet,merry Bet By January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Dekatron(m): 7:56am On Feb 17, 2015
Does that mean that foreigners will controll our sat Before nko,the sat is kuku DEAF &DUMB. Come to think of it,Even if the thing dey work,america is still watching ANYBODY THEY WANT. Do you know how many STEALTH ADVANCED UAVs that flies our sky??if dey could penetrate bigger countries' radars,wat of us??

We have nothing to lose,cos we cant use it. When we are ready to use it,we build and maintain another. . . Mr President,keep on working. You like it or not,he is working
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by wtech: 7:56am On Feb 17, 2015
I don't knw

Dis govt self

Well

GEJ till 2019
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by StunnazJay(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2015
After spending billions? Didn't they do a feasibility study to show if it would be a profitable venture or not?

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by lordprosh(m): 7:59am On Feb 17, 2015
ajibolabd:
Ha! Gej is madth
Olodo ..
When a public property is "sold" it is called privatization
Like phcn was privatized it is still within the government reach

Selling d sat is a welcomed development

#gejtill2019

#marchBuhari2Retirement
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by tammie24: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2015
Good move. Hopefully we'll start seeing some action in that area
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by babadee1(m): 8:04am On Feb 17, 2015
Japhet04:
he is mad but still making money, do you know that he can buy your life

#fact undecided

He is a thief. A right thinking person will never celebrate a politician like GEJ, among many others.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by gen2briz(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2015
Dear God please don't allow Jonathan to sell off your handwork (Nigeria) before his hand over this year.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by J4parry(m): 8:17am On Feb 17, 2015
If selling it will make it more useful then I don't see anything wrong with it but having to privatise almost everything will in the long run lead to uncontrollable inflation. FG needs to step up and get the right people in place who can oversee some of these facilities before itz too late not just using appointments as compensation.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Paitty(f): 8:17am On Feb 17, 2015
Only in GEJ's regime dat dis sort of thing can take place,..they should just put it up on OLX

Can't wait for march 28 to vote out dat otueke man before he sells the entire nation
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by free2ryhme: 8:17am On Feb 17, 2015
This regime sold the national theatre codedly, they wanted to sell race course fashola took them to court now the want to sell the satellites?

There sumTin wrong with this govt in every sense of the word. They are busy selling what they never built neither have they added to it.

How long will these thieves in. Power continue to suck this nation dry?

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by watered(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2015
If GEJ like make him kuku sell the presidential villa. We've long lost hope in the FG.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Ahmeduana(m): 8:22am On Feb 17, 2015
daniel9202:
chai!!! more reasons why GMB will send him to prison. GEJ haa sold everything.
Bad government is the worst thing that can happen to a country
IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE OUTRIGHTLY IGNORANCE OF HAPPENINGS IN THE WORLD OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, DID YOU KNOW THE MAIN REASON, WHY AMERICAN GOVERNMENT WITHDRAL FROM FUNDING n.a.s.a? I shouldn't be wasting my time with the followers of a presidential candidate that want to stabilize the price of oil in the international market.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by mentorandfriend(m): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2015
tobechi20:
Is the satelite working?
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Guruboi(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2015
Why not sell the whole Nation. Senseless Government!
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by lonelydora: 9:08am On Feb 17, 2015
Thank God they didn't offer me job then, I would have returned to the labour market. *singing iyo okoko*
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by neighbourhud: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2015
Are we sure this government is not working with OLX? This government is like, whatever we have, SELL IT!!! undecided

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by kernel504(m): 9:20am On Feb 17, 2015
Am sorry for our nation, we can't sustain any form of policy, the other administration was highlighting the importance of owning a Satellite and another administration is telling us the importance of privatizing the same Satellite.
#UnfortunateLeadership
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2015
daniel9202:
chai!!! more reasons why GMB will send him to prison. GEJ haa sold everything.
Bad government is the worst thing that can happen to a country
and u dont knw dat privatization of evry sector is the way forward.....

GMD.... God forbit an illitrate old man to rule nigeria...u dont knw dat u can rule nigeria better dan dat old man.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by scalez: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2015
I am sure FG did not consult Jona before making that decision. They hardly consulthim over anything! What impunity

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Ferdinandu(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2015
They should have sold that long time ago. Every year billions will be budgeted to that crap and the Management of that Agency will steal everything without any meaningful input to this country. If that establishment stays in the hands of Government in the next 50yrs, it will still be the same thing. In places like US and other developed Countries Space race is being Championed by private investments.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by ransomed: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2015
Where is the money for all the sold properties? What is going on in our papa's land? Oh God! The labour of our heroes past is going in vain. Our rulers are Execu-thieves.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by NemzySeries(m): 9:41am On Feb 17, 2015
Abeg oooo....hope dis wunt av a bad effect on ma dad n orda peepz working dere bkos d country gets more difficult to live in by d day
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by DareBello(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2015
Nigerian Satellite for sale? I guess this people don't understand what it takes to have satellite in orbit. Every country has stipulated allocation in orbit. Selling our own allocation to foreigners will makes us loose our heritage in orbit. If the satellite is not working now think of the future generation that will need it. Nigerians rise and say No to Privatization of Nigerian's satellite.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:15am On Feb 17, 2015
Policy somersault of an akotileta govt. What was pdp thinking b4? that means pdp as a party has no overriding party manifesto 2 guide their elected leaders. Nigeria shine ur eyes pdp has nothing 2 offer @ all levels in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by mickeymimi: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2015
Let them keep selling everything and stocking up their pockets. Gbagbo is the greatest lesson that awaits looters!!! serious. If Jonathan likes let him turn deaf ear to the world calling on him to look before he jumps.
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by piagetskinner(m): 10:39am On Feb 17, 2015
This country is so messed up...with FG selling out key sectors of the economy to few cabals,there by thwarting the purpose for which it was created in the first place. All I know is that a rEVOLUTiON is coming like a whirl wind,nd it'l sweep everything on its path,only the strong will remain
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Bawss1(m): 10:45am On Feb 17, 2015
Normality:
Most of the people commenting here are mumu, think first, if govt still control it, it will be like all our Telecom and IT agencies govt couldn't handle.
Sell it to people who can run it, let it be put into extensive use.

My thoughts exactly. This forum is being overrun by dunces every day. The kind of comments we see here are ridiculous, these people are quick to criticise and politicise everything.

See them crying that the govt is privatising its agencies, the same agencies that the government has a poor record of running itself. What should be of concern is that the privatisation is carried out properly and fairly. It is a well known fact that organisations that are privately run tend to fare better than when under state management so one wonders why the uproar here. Apparently there is no reasoning with dolts, it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

Let NigComSat and co be privatised. It's a good move.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by ohimai83: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Ahmeduana:

IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE OUTRIGHTLY IGNORANCE OF HAPPENINGS IN THE WORLD OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, DID YOU KNOW THE MAIN REASON, WHY AMERICAN GOVERNMENT WITHDRAL FROM FUNDING n.a.s.a? I shouldn't be wasting my time with the followers of a presidential candidate that want to stabilize the price of oil in the international market.

Oga get your facts right. USA still funds NASA, they just ended the shuttle programme 'cos there was a cheaper alternative. FYI, NASA is in advanced planning of sending someone to Mars. where is the fund for that coming from? your pocket abi? undecided
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2015
this is one of d reason u dey don't want igbos as president
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by rolayemi(m): 11:12am On Feb 17, 2015
Haba! for what do there people think they just sell anything just like that... they will so sell the country
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2015
Mallam satellite that is managed from the UK, cannot track sand erosion up. north or floods down south, can scan and take pictures of European countries but cannot find Chinook girls or bono haram. now you want to sell it... wait.. does it have Internet?!
Re: FG To Sell Nigerian Communications Satellite –BPE by enny09: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
i beg make FG remember to take receipt after selling nigeria, failed govt i cant be surprise cos they cant manage anything successfully, and coming soon FG to sell Aso Rock....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Upwork Account price slash to 2k / How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? / How #300 Changed My Life In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.