Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

The Value Of Time - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Value Of Time (424 Views)

If 1x = 99x, What Is The Value Of X? / Why Nigerian Certificates Lose Value — UK School / Spending 4+ Years In A Nigerian Institution Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Value Of Time by colane(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2015
Our life is measured in time that is why we call it lifetime. I was having a chat with some folks earlier this week, in the course of the conversation I asked one of them how long he sleeps. I didn’t know I was preparing to receive the greatest shock of the week. Oh my God! I can’t believe it,he sleeps 5pm and wakes 5am. 12hrs! I tried to break it down for him to fully understand what he is doing to himself.

After about 5 minutes of calculation, he realized he has slept 3½ days per week, 14 days in a month, and if he continues for a whole year he would be sleeping 168 days in 365 days. Meanwhile, by the time he is 30 years old he would have spent almost 14 years sleeping. This is so pathetic for a lad without having a sleeping problem.

The point is, our life is a total of what we choose to do with our time. Many people look back at their life and all they can say is “If only I still have the time…” all our dreams, vision, aspirations, ambitions, target, and goals are time bound. They can only become realistic by a proper management of time. “Work hard at whatever you do because there will be no action, no thought, no wisdom, no knowledge in the world of the dead - and that is where you are going. Eccl 9:10 GNT.

Many people outgrow opportunities by not taking conscious approach to timing. No man can stop the time even though you can stop your watch. It is pointless to manage time without having a plan, time and plan works together. I rather start on time, fail on time and rise back on time. You can go fast in life by going on time and you can go far by going with the right people. Sometimes, our greatest regret in life are not the things we do, but that which we should have done that we didn’t do.

If all life commodities is to be purchased with a certain amount of time in your lifetime, the questions is; how much of your time will you be willing to exchange for gossip? If a bottle of beer cost two days of your lifetime, how many bottles would you have purchased? Unconsciously, that is how many live their life, they purchases what reduces their life – time and later look back in life to regret their actions. Smokers are liable to die young, even smokers knows that. Yet they buy it.

The best and most expensive gift you can give a man is a portion of your time. When you give people your time, it gives them access to your life, and when people have access to your life they bring demand on you and when you don’t meet their demands it creates disappointments, disappointment brings hatred and hatred brings enmity. Why? Because you gave them your time. Any man who give you a part of his time has given you a portion of his life. Appreciate it and Value it. I strongly recommend this movie for all my readers “IN TIME”. Thanks

Daniel Cole
Re: The Value Of Time by olatos4jesus: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Can Futa Accept 196? Pls Help Me!!! / Let All Nairalander Meet On BBM | Lets Hook Up / Interesting Adventure Of Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.